• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Sandfox

I tend to skip the console Mario Kart games but this one looks like it would be worth it jumping since I never played the Wii game.

Kriken

Is this the first time we've seen Metal Mario in MK8 or was he in an earlier trailer?
I honestly don't recall seeing him

Also, Rainbow Road and Piranha Plant are nice new touches

hughesta

Banned
MK3-noscale.jpg
Donkey Kong please close your mouth.

Destructoid says the game is in 1080p? Awesome if true but I thought it was 720p.

Edit: Glad to see that the Wii U Pro Controller is officially confirmed at last.

Kolma

That moment when you realized you have been saying Lakitu wrong the whole time...
they are saying it lakitu like lalala
I've been saying it lakity like lackey

I had a similiar feeling with Monster hunter with Rathian and Rathalos
I would say it Ray thian and was always unsure on Rathalos (raythalos)?
but both are said like wrath

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nice Rainbow Road music.

Still no info on a WiiU bundle with it? FFS Nintendo...

Blues1990

I'll admit that Metal Mario's inclusion (again) is disappointing, but seeing the new tracks, as well as some returning favourites, is pretty awesome.

Also, I'm going to enjoy using that boomerang power-up.

ALM5252

That is N64 Rainbow Road? Wow, amazing for a retro course ^_^

To me it might be a new Rainbow Road influenced by the N64's. It looks SUPER different, but fun.

If it's the Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road, I hope it's hinting at the N64's version as a classic one. (assuming that wasn't it)

EDIT: Considering how much they have changed Toads Turnpike, I wouldn't doubt that was the N64's. Looks super different, not sure I "like" the change. Gotta play it in person. :)

Top Bottom