• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Game comes out one day after my birthday. No summer school this year, so I'm veeeeery excited to dump some much needed time into this game between walks to the beach.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I was. I also edited my original message, but I'll post it here as well:
My original post contributed absolutely nothing and was clear troll bait. I'm sorry; I'm having a rough day. I shouldn't use GAF as an excuse to vent off steam where it isn't needed so again, apologies.
It takes balls to admit it, and not many a gaffer has them, but you, sir, do. /tips hat

Mr-Joker

Banned
MK2-noscale.jpg

That picture just makes me want to kiss Rosalina on the lip, hnnnng ma wafiu is so hot.

Every time a trailer for this game is released I get surprised Nintendo hasn't done the obvious and put in Toon Link.

It's Mario Kart, last time I have checked Toon Link isn't part of the Mario universe.

AmyS

1/2 player - 60fps
3/4 player - 30fps

Ugh :(

Wasn't Mario Kart: Double Dash on GameCube a butter-smooth 60fps in 4 player split screen (as well as in LAN modes) ?

Double Dash!! runs at a slick 60 frames per second -- both in single-player and four-player split-screen. The latter is the biggest accomplishment of all, as the transition from one screen to four is seamless. The sense of speed is also perfectly kept in tact thanks to the engine's split-screen prowess.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/11/11/mario-kart-double-dash-2?page=4

I did own the game for a short amount of time and did have some 4 player split screen matches. Didn't really notice the framerate of all players, but also don't remember the framerate being any different. I think some of the detail was cut back in 4 player to keep it at 60 frames.

Wasn't Mario Kart: Double Dash on GameCube a butter-smooth 60fps in 4 player split screen (as well as in LAN modes) ?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/11/11/mario-kart-double-dash-2?page=4

I did own the game for a short amount of time and did have some 4 player split screen matches. Didn't really notice the framerate of all players, but also don't remember the framerate being any different. I think some of the detail was cut back in 4 player to keep it at 60 frames.

Oh of course it was 60fps, but there was no CPU racer, so in a 12-player game that would kill the point.

AmyS

Not that this is the best comparison, but Ridge Racer 7 on PS3 was native 1080p 60fps in every mode, even online with, I think, upto 7 other players. In fall 2006.

Top Bottom