• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Vire

EatChildren can you please stop the madness and edit the OP title?

Or are you enjoying this?

khaaan

Nintendo Directs, now with no warning at all.

Edit: Mario Kart 8? Still hyped.

Was going to stay up to work anyways...

If anyone gets a case of blue balls after the IGN Nintendo editor told us that it's Mario Kart, then you deserve to get hit with a blue shell in your blue balls.

Alphahawk

Yes, Nintendo should stop releasing information on games they haven't released yet because reasons.

I was speaking more for myself than the company as a whole, but I do think that it would genuinely be a better strategy to announce games as opposed to hype up already announced games. Nintendo needs to generate as much interest as they can from the general public right now. All these "character reveals" do is to stoke fans egos who've already bought into the hype.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that the Wii U has a sizable enough upcoming library to announce something new tonight.

guess midnight Pacific Time for my MK8 fix

3am I can wait
wtzgU.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
So wait, why is it presumed to be a Mario Kart thing? Doesn't Jose have a copy of Kirby he's probably going to be reviewing soon?

Edit: Nvm. Just saw the Gamespot tweet.

Eusis

Since MK8 release date announcements were ruled out, my best pragmatic hope is an early eShop update.

... Though I guess I should check now since it'd probably be now or never another 12 hours anyway.

EDIT: Though I guess people checked anyway. Eh.

I distinctly remember one of the IGN editors was hinting at a Kid Icarus Wii game being in development for years.

I remember it being Matt Cassamassina (who since left IGN for Apple); constantly discussing the series (any chance he had), with Miyamoto (who had acknowledged fan desires).

hao chi

Ehh, I don't really trust IGN when they're hyping stuff. I'll just see what it is in the morning if it's not up before I go to bed.

I bet its going to be like a remade stage reveal for the new Mario Kart.

Generally speaking, the amount of hype incoming from IGN is inversely proportional to how hyped you should actually be. At least with Nintendo stuff recently.

Hmm, I wonder what it is. I'd be happy if it is new Mario Kart information. My expectations are low, so it would be a welcome surprise.

Some Nobody

Yes, Nintendo should stop releasing information on games they haven't released yet because reasons.

Yeah, that's not what he said. And I totally understand where he's coming from. X, Smash and MK were the reasons I bought a Wii U, but that means the system's pretty much a paperweight once I get beat/get tired of those games, unless Nintendo unveils something new soon.

Eyothrie

Nintendo World Report's site director:

"@nron10: When I wake up, you all better damn well know more about an upcoming Nintendo game. And then we can talk about it."

It can't be MK8. What is there to talk about re: MK8? Nothing they would or could announce for that game would be interesting enough to "talk about"

Violent Fox

Neo Member
Surprise New Super Wii U announcement.

Backwards Compatible.

Achievement/Trophy System.

Unified Nintendo ID not tied to hardware.

Drops tomorrow.

Better hardware than PS4.

$299.99

Nintendo World Report's site director:

@nron10: When I wake up, you all better damn well know more about an upcoming Nintendo game. And then we can talk about it.

It can't be MK8. What is there to talk about re: MK8? Nothing they would or could announce for that game would be interesting enough to "talk about"

Something so small and inconsequential that they would allow IGN to "break" the news?

Top Bottom