• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Officially Reveals Multiplayer-Only Warhawk (WOWOWOWOW PS3)!

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This is just the result of trying to salvage a poor development cycle, and I couldn't care less for yet another generic online experience.

edit: ninja contraction'd

Kodiak said:
This is just the result of trying to salvage a poor development cycle

Sounds like a mutually beneficial deal to me, but hey. The alternative is to can the game, which would leave the developer with a big hole in the bank and us gamers with, well, nothing. So simply cutting out the bad and offering up a further polished version of the good, for what I assume will be a budget price, well I don't see why this would be a negative to anyone.

Bookey

Professional Monk
Does anyone know a place where i could get find a usb dongle like the one shown earlier in the thread, that would save me some money and let me use my existing headsets instead of bluetooth

Luken

AltogetherAndrews said:
Sounds like a mutually beneficial deal to me, but hey. The alternative is to can the game, which would leave the developer with a big hole in the bank and us gamers with, well, nothing. So simply cutting out the bad and offering up a further polished version of the good, for what I assume will be a budget price, well I don't see why this would be a negative to anyone.

This is negative for people like me that only like to play the single player mode.

Sony, think about the people! All games should have a single player campaign.

Luken said:
This is negative for people like me that only like to play the single player mode.

Sony, think about the people! All games should have a single player campaign.

I never play online...I like the look of this game, but I at least want bots damnit

peace

B-Ri

im excited for this, it looks fun. What im worried about is its pricing. I dont know how much im willing to swallow, and i wonder how the DLC will be priced as well.

bud

Looks pretty good and it looks like fun. The destruction, which was supposed to be one of its key-features, looks very basic, though :/

Have they confirmed a price or have they given an indication of the price yet?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
bud said:
Looks pretty good and it looks like fun. The destruction, which was supposed to be one of its key-features, looks very basic, though :/

Have they confirmed a price or have they given an indication of the price yet?
Maybe during GDC.

tak

That IGN video covering Warhawk felt like I was reading a sony press release. Where did the journalism go?

That being said, Warhawk looks sexy. I remember playing the first one on PS1 for weeks on end. I hope this new one has the same feel.

Kangu

Banned
tak said:
That IGN video covering Warhawk felt like I was reading a sony press release. Where did the journalism go?

That being said, Warhawk looks sexy. I remember playing the first one on PS1 for weeks on end. I hope this new one has the same feel.

You'll have to go to Kotaku if you want hard hitting journalism.

BuddyC

Kodiak said:
This is just the result of trying to salvage a poor development cycle, and I couldn't care less for yet another generic online experience.

edit: ninja contraction'd
Got any proof to back that up?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Bookey said:
Does anyone know a place where i could get find a usb dongle like the one shown earlier in the thread, that would save me some money and let me use my existing headsets instead of bluetooth

Sennheiser uses a similar device for some of their headsets and has always been great when it comes to ordering spare parts for their stuff.

I'm on the 5th cord for my oldest pair of cans.

spwolf

In Newsweek interview, harisson pointed out how they have an vision to build up PSN games and then move them to retail, which is roumoured to be for Warhawk. I wouldnt be suprised if retail version got single player campaign, for all the people that dont like multiplayer.

But there has been soo many very sucessful games for PC that have done mostly multiplayer and have been popular for multiplayer, like BF, Enemy Territory, heck go back to Q3. If done well, it is recipe for sucess.

How much money does the publisher make from retail anyway? 25$-30$ per game maybe, after production, warehouse, distribution, and retail margins come into place?

VASPER

Banned
im kinda glad this happend i would not have bought this game if it was $60 bucks, but a DL only for a good cheap price sounds better to me. and i dont care about 1 player :D

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Kangu said:
You'll have to go to Kotaku if you want hard hitting journalism.

godhand.jpg

Also: WARHAWK, BITCHES

Mau ®

Holy shit looks amazing for a PSN game. Hats off to Sony, theyre creating the best online content (not same as service, mind you) of all the main competitors. Who would've thought?!

Im gonna buy a PS3 in about 3 weeks and to be honest with you guys the PSN games (Flow, Gripshift and now Warhawk) are my killer apps, they seem much more interesting than the current retail PS3 scene.

inthezone said:
Holy shit looks amazing for a PSN game. Hats off to Sony, theyre creating the best online content (not same as service, mind you) of all the main competitors. Who would've thought?!

Im gonna buy a PS3 in about 3 weeks and to be honest with you guys the PSN games (Flow, Gripshift and now Warhawk) are my killer apps, they seem much more interesting than the current retail PS3 scene.

I'm sure that if it where to be on disk, it would have looked the same.

Mau ®

PjotrStroganov said:
I'm sure that if it where to be on disk, it would have looked the same.

Yes Im sure too. What I meant is that so far we have seen PSN games that at best look like hi res PS2 games, this on the other hand looks like an actual next gen game, from the graphics to the massive landscapes and proportions.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
thanks for the pictures. can't wait for some hd footage.

One of my favorite parts of the video...
war11.jpg

Customizations like crazy. this game definately needs a clan/party system. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't have at least the clan part.

Man, this game looks good, but do you think they are going to change the HUD in game, it looks very archaic. I don't know, it just doesn't fit well with the rest of the game. Besides that really minor complaint, the game looks awesome.

Ceb

Co-op jeep action is gonna be fun. Insomniac needs to throw in some vehicles for Resistance 2's multiplayer. :)

Woo-Fu

Banned
bouc_emissaire said:
You're driving "quietly" your tank and 2 planes fall just in front of you :D

That was the roadkill moment I was talking about. I think it was a warhawk trying to roadkill an infantryman, and a 2nd warhawk either trying the same thing or after the first warhawk.

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
Ceb said:
Co-op jeep action is gonna be fun. Insomniac needs to throw in some vehicles for Resistance 2's multiplayer. :)

There's something Mercenaries (the first opus) :

war4.gif

Colours, freedom, environments, military vehicles (tank, jeep, aircraft).

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Xeros said:
Very muddy looking game. Where are ze colours!

I'm thinking its the crappy FLV and lower res vid (at least the one I downloaded). The demonstration that was put out at last years GDC had vibrant colors when it came to the sky break and sun. But yeah, theres an overal brown color when it comes to the planes and buildings.

ant1532

Banned
Not liking the in-game interface at all but the game itself looks pretty good.

When is this supposed to hit again? And it's not just one map is it?

Wollan

Personally I think the next Socom game should just focus on the Seals again. Light vehicles like a boat and a jeep is okay but don't go further than that.

PS! The Socom music theme makes grown men cry in happiness.

spwolf

ant1532 said:
Not liking the in-game interface at all but the game itself looks pretty good.

When is this supposed to hit again? And it's not just one map is it?

july or august or september for PSN, and retail 2-3 months after that.... I think we will have clear idea after GDC.

Foil

It looks good, but it's still not going to make up for the lack of a single player to me. I'm not that big into online games, so I'll probably pass. Twisted Metal PS3 better not end up like this.

TheIkariWarrior said:
the new direction Warhawk has taken, well it seems it has a lot of promise. I'm glad, and,
I hope Namco is taking notes, regarding PS3 Ace Combat.

The last thing I want Namco to do for Ace Combat PS3 is to take notes from Warhawk, outside of 32 player online dogfighting. Sorry, I'd actually like a good single player game, and I sure as hell don't want them to toss ground stuff into Ace Combat.

Top Bottom