• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Preview: Traditional Ratchet is back in 'Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus'

prwxv3

I can't believe there are complaints about the price. Flexible pricing is a good thing and Sony had success with it for sly 4 and they are one of the very few publishers to do it too. It's the cheaper then game and Wario for heavens sake. And Sony always support their consoles to the very end and they have world wide studios on ps4 right now so stop worrying they are only going to make ps3 games.

farisr

It's good to see so much PS3 support, and it's also good to see that these announcements aren't being saved up for the big events at the same time (increases the chances of there being more PS4 announcements at the events).

Also, return to roots + pricepoint pretty much guarantees I'll be picking this up near release.

prwxv3

Those worried that there will never be a ps4 ratchet need to realize there is a movie coming 2015 and there is no chance there won't be a game to be along side of it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Those worried that there will never be a ps4 ratchet need to realize there is a movie coming 2015 and there is no chance there won't be a game to be along side of it.

Whenever I see someone say this I can't help but think of the Street Fighter game based on the movie. Logically that should have been the perfect "movie game".

eAy4Op6.jpg

Salz01

It actually looks pretty awesome. I wish I could play it on the ps4. If it looks this good already, I wonder what they could do with the franchise on next gen.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
R&C looks fantastic on the PS3, no qualms about that and I'm sure franchise will continue on the PS4 anyway.

It'd be nice if there was a PS4 port but I consider that Sony's responsibility, not Insomniac's per se.

Kinda bummed it's not a AAA, 60 dollar R&C game for PS4. I know price doesn't determine quality, but with a $30 price tag I feel like i'm not going to get an experience as dense as ACiT. Do they think they can't charge full price for a mascot/platformer anymore, or are they just trying to squeeze out what they can before the jump to next-gen? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, i'm a huge fan of the series and i'm at least happy it's not another waste of an installment with some twist on gameplay no one wants.

Kinda bummed it's not a AAA, 60 dollar R&C game for PS4. I know price doesn't determine quality, but with a $30 price tag I feel like i'm not going to get an experience as dense as ACiT. Do they think they can't charge full price for a mascot/platformer anymore, or are they just trying to squeeze out what they can before the jump to next-gen? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, i'm a huge fan of the series and i'm at least happy it's not another waste of an installment with some twist on gameplay no one wants.

This is how I feel too. It's just disappointing that we're not getting a full-spec sequel. Less guns, less planets, less secrets...if anything, it's just going to sting that much more when it's over too soon.

Why did Sony save all their best games for their final year??? They needed games like Last of Us, Puppeteer, classic Ratchet & Clank, Beyond, etc. earlier in the consoles life

bill0527

Why the fuck am I buying a PS4??????

I can't give myself an honest answer at this point.

The only games ive got pre ordered for it are BF4 and Watchdogs, both games I can get on PS3.

My PS3 fall list is: GTA V, Batman Arkham Origins, GT6, FFX-X2 HD, probably this ratchet game, and there are some new RPGs I think coming next spring for PS3. I mean really, I can't honestly find any good reason to buy a PS4 at launch when PS3 has such a strong lineup coming over the next 6-8 months.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Seriously though, JS, why didn't you guys stick with the "Into the Nether Regions" subtitle?

Why did Sony save all their best games for their final year??? They needed games like Last of Us, Puppeteer, classic Ratchet & Clank, Beyond, etc. earlier in the consoles life
R&C was certainly there throughout this console's life - this is the sixth standalone R&C game on the hardware, after all.

todog

I would buy this over Knack any day of the week (if it was coming to PS4). If a Vita version happens, I still might give that one a try.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe there are complaints that the game isn't expensive enough. That's exactly why budget pricing has fallen by the wayside, because companies think that selling low devalues the product and proceeded to condition consumers to believe likewise. If you nerds want to piss away more money, go out and buy gold-plated Monster cables for your PS3 to get MAXIMUM PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe there are complaints that the game isn't expensive enough. That's exactly why budget pricing has fallen by the wayside, because companies think that selling low devalues the product and proceeded to condition consumers to believe likewise. If you nerds want to piss away more money, go out and buy gold-plated Monster cables for your PS3 to get MAXIMUM PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY.

They themselves said it's a smaller and shorter game than the last mainline installment. That's why people are annoyed. The price isn't the problem, it's the fact it's a smaller game.

Fuck yes. Not only do we get a new core Ratchet and Clank game but it is also only $30 which is more than generous. I'm going to re buy all the current ones on PS3 just to show support of this awesomeness.

"While it's not as big as A Crack in Time, it's much much larger than Q4B or FFA was. It's pretty meaty. New planets, lots of new weapons, lots of variety and stuff to do."

If they were offering a game on the level of ACiT for $30 that would be amazing, but they're not. There's very good reason to suspect that the reduced price reflects a reduced scope because that's exactly what he said. I'm not looking to spend more money for the hell of it, but I would gladly pay more for more content.

BHK3

Banned

Because they ARE smaller and shorter games...

Joni

I don't mind it being a smaller experience, but I would have loved to see Insomniac make the leap to next-gen. The PS3 has enough games.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood

Maybe Insomniac can release a $60 nerd-edition, so these people can feel good while buying it.

I for one am glad we still get a R&C game, I thought they might bury the series after the last two subpar games and IG bolting to multi-platform developement. I suppose they gonna experiment or lay the ground for some things to shich direction this series is headed. If there will be a PS4 version it really needs a big shakeup and hopefully we will see the first steps of that in this game.

prwxv3

They themselves said it's a smaller and shorter game than the last mainline installment. That's why people are annoyed. The price isn't the problem, it's the fact it's a smaller game.

That is incredibly stupid, the reason why the last two ratchet games were not well liked was not because they were smaller then ACIT the reason why was because they were not traditional..

Teknoman

my concerns here are:

-it's short
-it's price tag pretty much confirms that, as if it were ACiT-sized it would be 'budget priced' at $40-$50, not $30.
-it's going to feel kind of weird and slightly out of place like QfB
-it's going to be the last R&C we get for a long time due to the movie.

REALLY wanted this to be, at very least, a full-blown game as lengthy and meaty as ACiT. i'd be willing to drop the complaints about it not being on PS4 if that were the case, but it's looking pretty disappointing so far from those points alone.

graphics look great though and the weapons look fun/funny.

The movie? Did I miss something?

Raitaro

I honestly don't understand Sony, they're pushing out The Last of Us, Beyond, Puppeteer, Gran Turismo, & a God of War game for PS3 in 2013, but leaving PS4 to launch with Knack, Drive Club, and Killzone. Surely 1 or 2 of those could have been cross-gen, or moved to PS4 exclusively.

But then we would probably be complaining that they left the PS3 out to dry with no big games in it"s last real year on the market, wouldn't we? Still, they could have found a better balance between PS3 and PS4 releases for sure though.

Top Bottom