• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Review: Motorstorm Pacific Rift

BeeDog

motorstorm2-crash1.gif

Is a dying racer swishing past the camera when it tracks the motorcycle driver from the side? :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
BeeDog said:
motorstorm2-crash1.gif

Is a dying racer swishing past the camera when it tracks the motorcycle driver from the side? :lol

Indeed. Here is a short sequence of the images.

10135391ls3.png

It goes from 4 riders in the beginning to just 2 at the end. There are multiple frames between each of those...

The rightmost rider at the top one is the guy who flies across, he hits something on the ground. The second from left is the flier you see in the background at the bottom picture. The leftmost flier in the first goes off screen immediately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jim said:
I don't think many people ever choose a male rider for the bikes in MS for obvious reasons.
:lol

borsdy said:
I always thought women in MS look like aliens :\

Aliens with Boobs!!!!!!

andydumi said:
No. From what I understnad there is no alteration of the image at all in screenie mode.

Yeah, they are exactly what you see in the game.

The picture with the dumptruck looks soo much better because it is in a part of a track that actually has some nice ground textures with a wet effect on it.

Gametrailers just posted their review. It's a 8.6 but when you listen to it it's a very positive review.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41871.html

And it's a good thing they also show MS1 footage there, so people can stfu about crappy textures after that little reminder on how MS1 has actually worst textures.

Also the final build is looking STUNNING.

BeeDog

Metalmurphy said:
Gametrailers just posted their review. It's a 8.6 but when you listen to it it's a very positive review.

And it's a good thing they also show MS1 footage there, so people can stfu about crappy textures after that little reminder on how MS1 has actually worst textures.

Thanks for the heads-up, gonna watch now. Even if I don't always agree with the GT reviews, they do often bring up great points, and show a lot of new footage. :D

Dante

Metalmurphy said:

Woah! There's a Significant graphical upgrade going on there.

Metalmurphy said:

There only complaint is how the motors sound "obnoxious" when you turn up the volume...... uhhhh what the fuck. What a dumb comment to make.

I'm definitely getting this game after that review.

DrPirate

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
The floor textures are absolutely fucking awful in the game. I have a final build and I can't stand to look at this game most of the time. That and the controls are too wild.

In my opinion, Pure shits on MS2.

You're either blind, a liar and playing in standard def.

Now that I've seen the HD gametrailers review, you were definitely not playing the final build.......

AndyD

aka andydumi
Metalmurphy said:

It does look great.

I understand his point about the engine noise being somewhat irritating, the high pitch of the boost was annoying, especially since it was there all the time...

What I don't see is what other comparable games he sees available as being better, or even comparable for that matter. Pure seems like a different market to me, I played it but it has a far different vibe, its trick focused and there is little if any satisfying destruction like in Motrostorm.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, Pure is nothing like Motorstorm (it's a trick based racer). I can't really think of any other game quite like this. It's pretty unique and completely awesome.

dark10x said:
Yeah, Pure is nothing like Motorstorm (it's a trick based racer). I can't really think of any other game quite like this. It's pretty unique and completely awesome.
Pure is a complete rip-off of SSX. It's basically SSX with quads.

Top Bottom