• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN"s exclusive trailer is Dead Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really great trailer. Not really excited for this, though. Never really got into L4D or Dead Rising. I need something more than just killing shitloads of zombies.

derFeef

HurricaneJesus said:
Really great trailer. Not really excited for this, though. Never really got into L4D or Dead Rising. I need something more than just killing shitloads of zombies.
And how you know this is killing shitloads of zombies? If even it sounds the exact opposit.

Daeda

You have to give IGN credit where credit is due, this is indeed one of the best trailers in a while. Not sure about game but will keep an eye on it.

derFeef said:
And how you know this is killing shitloads of zombies? If even it sounds the exact opposit.

I am not bashing the game so there is no need to get defensive. I don't think I am alone in thinking that you will kill a shitload of zombies in this game. If it turns out to be the exact opposite, then I will be interested in this.

Dante said:
2:26

She hasn't had her hand chopped yet since it's in reversed. The shot right b4 that she loses it.

EDIT:

Sigh...Hand not have :p

Watch again and you will see that it is chopped off the whole time. There is one part where another zombies arm looks like hers though.

Dante

Jesus. Never type the wrong word on NeoGaf. :)

Anyway thanks, It looks like her HAND was chopped already then he chopped more arm off.

_Bro

Banned
Cool cg.

Really liked the footage, the whole "the girl is a zombie thing" went on for too long after you figure it out before they pick her up.

I'm excited, survival horror co-op? I really hope this has a well done competitive multiplayer mode instead of something just tacked on. Could be really interesting.

also, walking dead just got blown out of the water

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm down for one or two more zombie games. I wonder what this style will be like. Hopefully open world zombie island with great controls and no timeline (not a fan of Dead Rising because they force you to complete objectives in time frames).

Great trailer too.

puebla

that trailer was fucking amazing. hopefully the game will be deeper on story than the average zombie slasher game.

Dante said:
Jesus. Never type the wrong word on NeoGaf. :)

Anyway thanks, It looks like her HAND was chopped already then he chopped more arm off.

:||

It's a mixture of forwards and reverse, which meets up when the girl reaches the room.
He chops the hand off in the forwards section, then it shows the severed arm in the reverse section which takes place after that.

derFeef

Reversed the trailer, at least the reverse parts ;) It is not all that fluid becaue of the cuts but looks alright! gonna take a while to upload though, my uprate is not good.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Very slick trailer, but:

1) It's 2011. CG trailers? Really? I refuse to care about a game or allow it to even enter my radar until I've seen gameplay.

2) Seems like a very somber trailer for a game that seems like it will be a Bikini Zombie Party. If the game itself is this somber... why set it on a resort island?

Shads

Wow, that was an amazing trailer. It doesn't really get me hyped for the game, but that was some damn good filmmaking regardless.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would of rather the video been played in normal order, and not in reverse. Or at least not had the constant cut aways.

Pewp

puebla said:
that trailer was fucking amazing. hopefully the game will be deeper on story than the average zombie slasher game.

Exactly what I thought. Hope it doesn't go the route of a Dead Rising where you're putting on silly outfits and humiliating zombies.

Tron 2.0

Hated the trailer.

Will want to see actual gameplay video since the "screenshots" are clearly bullshit.

It's an intriguing idea, but everything about it makes me dubious. Techland? Deep Silver?

aegies

Graphics Horse said:
Yup, It was even on the list.

I missed it going through the thread. My fault. If you want to get mad at someone, raging at IGN for something I said (in error) seems misplaced. But I did reach out to the first two people I saw who posted it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Replicant said:
Yeah, I lost interest right there and then. The reason I love Dead Rising is because it's 3rd person game.

It isn't going to be in 3rd person when the apocalypse comes! You need to be prepared mane.

edgefusion

Great trailer, very different to what we normally see. Shame it's going to be yet another cookie cutter zombie game. Interest set to absolute zero, I am completely and utterly burned out on zombie everything.

Concept17

shwimpy said:
Never heard of it... Wiki says:

I'm guessing the PC version will be eventually canceled. =(

Sounds like Left4Dead on an island. =/

wut

How is that a bad thing? The only bad part of L4D is its linearity.

aegies said:
I missed it going through the thread. My fault. If you want to get mad at someone, raging at IGN for something I said (in error) seems misplaced. But I did reach out to the first two people I saw who posted it.

Heh, I'm only having fun. How much money were you betting anyway? ;)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Great trailer.

600+ hours on L4D1+L4D2 and still playing.
Completed Dead Rising 1+2

I'm up for more zombie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom