• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN"s exclusive trailer is Dead Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG somebody please gif the lady at 1:27 with the knife in the trailer. It looks like she's doing the macarena or something, what the fuck was that?

Anyways pretty lame trailer but I'm kinda excited for the game. It could be good. That trailer was ridiculous though.

I for one thought it was a great trailer. And I can't say that more zombie stuff is a bad thing, especially if they're going to treat it creatively. I know it was just a cinematic but it wasn't terribly mindless IMO, especially for a game.

disappeared said:
Yes because everyone knows Coldplay pioneered the reverse-film technique.
reminds me most of Michel Gondrey's video to Sugarwater by Cibo Matto.

it's still a great trailer though.

lol at Jett talking about the zombie 'fad'. yeah. it's a fad. just like Pokemon.

we've had zombies in games since... since games could draw them well enough i think. they will continue to be a popular enemy for a long time.

derFeef

rac said:
I'm sorry but this trailer doesn't make any sense to me. At the end of the trailer it shows that this is a family but the couple is hiding in a room while their daughter is being chased by zombies and then when the dad finally comes out to save his daughter there is basically no emotion on his face at all. I know I'm just nitpicking here but it really irked me.
Zombie chases bitten girl, girl runs to parents and falls down, dad picks up girl and notice the bite, dad lays the girl down on the bed, closes door and fights zombies off, girl awakens as zombie, mum is shocked, dad fights off zombies that came into the room, zombie girl jump on dad....

Persona7

Banned
Oh wow, I remember being really excited for this game when they first announced.

It also reminds me of that zombie game on PS2 and xbox that got canceled.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
dead-island-2011021506c7vw.jpg

More like "Jersey Shore: THE GAME"

there was an old school dungeon style RPG on home computers around 1990 that was more a survival style thing. it was blatantly based on Dawn of the Dead and was pretty dang good.

can't remember the name of it for the life of me though. i want to say it was called 'Zombie' but verifying that is going to be hard as hell.

Great trailer.

Screens look like Condemned + Dead Rising. I wonder if the game will hit the same tone as the trailer. It's powerful, but could be a serious downer.

I'm really happy that this game exists, I thought it must have been canceled after not hearing about it for 4 years. I'm also really happy that the trailer is fuck awesome.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
If it's going to have that awesome movie like experience (Lost ripoff or not) it's gonna be a sweet game.

Or: LOL CG

plagiarize said:
there was an old school dungeon style RPG on home computers around 1990 that was more a survival style thing. it was blatantly based on Dawn of the Dead and was pretty dang good.

can't remember the name of it for the life of me though. i want to say it was called 'Zombie' but verifying that is going to be hard as hell.

*googles*

ZOMBI?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bua3ZBwqJPk

Looks interesting, I might try and buy a copy from my nearest retailer.

eXistor

Wow, Dead Island, I almost forgot about that one! I remember it because I was just done with Dead Rising 1 and I was imagining new locations for sequels and one of them was indeed on a tropical island, and then I found out that this game called Dead Island was just announced. Gonna check out the trailer now.

slider

BlueTsunami said:
More like "Jersey Shore: THE GAME"

That building in the background must be based on that hotel next to the Burj in Dubai. It's very nice in there (and not nearly as tacky as the Burj).

GeoramA

Okay that trailer was badass, which..is what IGN hyped it to be. I'm scared...

As long as there's no lame-ass time limit bullshit like in Dead Rising, sign me up for this!

An-Det

Pretty cool trailer. I remember when this was first announced and was looking forward to it, I had figured it was silently cancelled years ago. The combat sounds reminiscent of Condemned, which would seem awesome in a more survival-oriented zombie game.

Certainly the best zombie trailer I've ever seen. Hopefully the game actually holds up and isn't a sloppy mess that is all graphics and great ideas with no execution.

Danielsan

Fantastic trailer. However those screenshots of the game don't exactly get my hopes up.
I'd actually like to see a serious and depressing take on the zombie genre. Preferably played from a child's perspective. That's never going to happen though.

eXistor

Jesus, that trailer was amazing. The characters looked a bit off, but damn if I didn't almost get teary-eyed. Not to say the game is gonna be any good of course, but it'll always have this trailer going for it.

Dante

Great trailer! But why does bikini zombie still have no hand after it gets cut off at the end if it's moving in reverse?

OnPoint

Pretty disappointed, though I didn't have my hopes up that high. Zombie games are so overdone right now -- it's the new WWII shooter

MacBosse

Jesus, that was awesome. God I hope those responsible for the trailer are involved in making the game. Seriously talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom