• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Last Guardian cancelled, mayhaps; Sony: Nope - Stage XI: Mole Hunt

Who should be banned from NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I'm disappointed in Colin Moriarty more than anything. He's guilty of peddling the rumour as something official on Twitter. He's one of the few writers at IGN who has his head screwed on right so I thought he would've known better than to succumb to sensationalism like that.

I only know him for his Mass Effect 3 entitlement video so I can't say I'm disappointed.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
If TLG was going to be shown at E3 in a couple days, they would have just let IGN hang out there and look like dumbasses when the footage hit. The fact that they came out and confirmed it's still in development means, to me, that they aren't otherwise going to "prove" it with a surprise showing at E3.

While I agree, Sony has the hype train, so, they might show some PS3 demo or some PC-dev stuff or at least a trailer to maintain the hype. I'm serious. TLG trending globally on twitter? How could they pass it up?

We'll see.

Jigorath

Banned
How many times has IGN changed the damn title? Why can't they just admit they were wrong? All they have to do is say they got some bad info.

Call it my own paranoid mind, but I think Sony is denying it now because they don't want to fuck up any good news from the show, with any bad news before the show.

I hope I am wrong. I loved the '09 trailer, and badly want to play that game.

Any good news (aka the game being shown) would instantly negate any bad news about the game getting canceled.

Kyoufu

Please Sony. Show us the game. Even trough its not finished or will not be released befor the end of 2015. At least show us SOMETHING.

Why make the same mistake though? Nobody wants to see a game 4 years before it actually releases. I'd rather wait until they're truly ready.

I mean, shit. This is the best post of the thread right here:
I mean, this damn image still captivates me.

ICfJ4Fb.jpg

It's like it represents the all hidden possibilities of gaming that is unrealized, unannounced, wholly original, laying in the shadows somewhere, chained up, and one day those chains will break, and whatever it is will blow our god damned minds again. Maybe I'm projecting all that pent up need for something on Shadow of the Colossus's level, maybe its been too long since something truly great came along and changed everything I thought was possible with gaming, but till then, I'm gonna keep the hope alive.

BELIEVE.

ieoL6SO60nNBR.gif

What's the poll? Stuck on mobile here.

Should The Last Guardian be cancelled?
- Probably
- What's wrong with you, poll guy?
- Absolutely!

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I want to know (the poll) as well.

Should The Last Guardian be cancelled?
Probably 203 20.67%
What is wrong with you, poll guy? 240 24.44%
Absolutely! 539 54.89%

lol edit I think they changed it from "trico dies" "boy dies" "both dies" in the original... nice

Yes. I'm certain it won't be at E3.

Fair enough.

Nowadays, because a lot of rumour mongering goes on in Twitter, it's hard to tell if any poster on GAF is just relaying off what they heard off someone else without conviction or if they're doubling down on what they believe for a fact.

H4r4kiri

So. Shuhei Yoshida resign? Yay or Nay?

So far this year.

Naughty Dog loses one of the best creative forces in the industry as well as a game director mid project
Cancelled a new IP with $100m already spent at SSM. 50 long time staff fired
Launch game Driveclub delayed a full year
Guerrilla games has been working on a new IP for 3 years that "isnt ready to show" and who knows if it will even see the light of day
The Last Guardian killed after 8 years in development

Thats a lot of expensive cockups. I dont know about you but IMO heads must roll.

Lets welcome one of the worst post I ever read in GAF. Besides mine about Larry Hyb that was worst :D

Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread or not, but IGN got the story from here:

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/06/07/rumor-the-last-guardian-cancelled#Xh10qdogHFAOhSUm.99

It was posted about a day earlier than the IGN story and cites a couple of Russian journalists. IGN have palmed off the story to their Russian office in the updated version as well so it is highly likely they made up their "source/report" and just regurgitated what was on this place.
I am sure this is what happened as well.

This rumor has been on N4G for more than a day now, and was the hottest rumor.
IGN Russia took the story and ran it with citing their own source.
IGN took the story from IGN Russia (without actually confirming it from their own sources) and ran a story with it. They later updated it to confirm that it came from IGN Russia.

I have shared how other local IGN websites have shared rumors without any proper official confirmation, including God of War: Ascension rumor for PS4, so this won't be surprising to me in the least.

Kiyo

Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread or not, but IGN got the story from here:

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/06/07/rumor-the-last-guardian-cancelled#Xh10qdogHFAOhSUm.99

It was posted about a day earlier than the IGN story and cites a couple of Russian journalists. IGN have palmed off the story to their Russian office in the updated version as well so it is highly likely they made up their "source/report" and just regurgitated what was on this place.

There was already a thread made on it yesterday and the thread died because no one took it seriously (except for IGN apparently).

The funny thing about that GIF is that I am pretty sure those chicks are naked.

To this day I always thought that 2 hovering dino feets were smashing against the windows....but with the subtitle "butts" I finally saw what it really was about, lol!

Internal secret sources? Hah that's my favorite!
Damn you! Was just going to post this Gies' tweet, when he accused RPS of bullshit when they cited their inside sources on some offline vs online Sim City story.

Btw, what happened to the poll? I just woke up, and I guess mods changed something (to go along with IGN's article title changes), but I don't know what exactly. Can anyone tell me what did the poll look like earlier?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
So. Shuhei Yoshida resign? Yay or Nay?

So far this year.

Naughty Dog loses one of the best creative forces in the industry as well as a game director mid project
Cancelled a new IP with $100m already spent at SSM. 50 long time staff fired
Launch game Driveclub delayed a full year
Guerrilla games has been working on a new IP for 3 years that "isnt ready to show" and who knows if it will even see the light of day
The Last Guardian killed after 8 years in development

Thats a lot of expensive cockups. I dont know about you but IMO heads must roll.
We need Tretton.

JawzPause

I just catched up on the thread, respect to the people that were calling out ign on their bs sources before it was confirmed bs.
IGN should really be banned, at least for a few months anyway.

VMGamez

Neo Member
I'm disappointed in Colin Moriarty more than anything. He's guilty of peddling the rumour as something official on Twitter. He's one of the few writers at IGN who has his head screwed on right so I thought he would've known better than to succumb to sensationalism like that.

Well, to be fair to him or any of the IGN guys that tweeted the story, the story was published by their Editor in Chief, so I wouldn't blame it on them to much to tweet the story. Also Colin did retweet the reply by Scott Rohde.

For some extra sauce, listen to the latest Podcast Beyond, start at 50 mins 30 seconds.

We hear this:

Podcast Beyond said:
Colin: Why would Shuhei and those guys, Scott Rhode and those guys say it was in development when it wasn't?

Greg: Because Rhode is a liar

Seems funny now. He did say it as a joke so don't burn him at the stake.

_Nemo

Well if Sony didn't know before I hope this shows them how desperately fans want this game and how much they care about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom