• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ignoring fake news by medical professionals, Trump looks directly at sun

Julian Assange is tweeting in defense of trump says protective eyewear is just a plot by giant American eyewear companies to make big profits.

Julian Assange is tweeting in defense of trump says protective eyewear is just a plot by giant American eyewear companies to make big profits.
Lol are you fucking serious? Haha my god these people are fucking morons.

Trump s probably going to retweet it being like "I looked at it. I'm not blind. Believe me"

DHxnFyGVYAAbh2T.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

geomon

Somebody please tweet him that there's a solar eclipse everyday and he should stare at it. Just stare into the sun forever, motherfucker.

I think he's right, in regards to being able to stare directly at the moon when there is a *total* eclipse. It's before and after the period of totality that you really shouldn't try and look at it without glasses.

The whole conspiracy theory regarding 'glasses company profits' is ridiculous though.

Virzeth

I think he's right, in regards to being able to stare directly at the moon when there is a *total* eclipse. It's before and after the period of totality that you really shouldn't try and look at it without glasses.
Weirdly right, NASA people on their Twitch stream said so themselves. You could argue he wasn't specific enough, in that he didn't say that's limited to the 60~ seconds the sun is 100% hidden.

The whole conspiracy theory regarding 'glasses company profits' is ridiculous though.

Well, yeah, he dumb.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Look at the light level in the photos, he's not looking at the totality, it's either pre or post totality.

Regiruler

Yeah. I mean, NASA even said as much on their coverage.
Look at the light level in the photos, he's not looking at the totality, it's either pre or post totality.

He's in DC, there wasn't a totality there.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Yeah. I mean, NASA even said as much on their coverage.

He's in DC, there wasn't a totality there.

Good point, I hadn't looked at the eclipse path so was unaware (Too jealous, I'm in the UK :p)

Which means Assanges point was even more moronic. :p

Stare at the sun, I fucking dare you.

Julian Assange is an idiot, but he's correct about that total eclipse phase. During that short span of time you can look directly at the eclipse with no eye protection.

As someone said, Trump is a moron because there was no totality where he was located. So, his eyeballs likely burned.

McLovin

Please please please let this become a meme! Like anyone does something extremely dumb post that pic and say hey you could be our next president.

Red

Three fucking people at work said this after the Trump pic started to circulate. One of them said, "no one even thinks about this, but why would sunglasses not protect your eyes during an eclipse if they have no problem protecting them when the sun's not covered up?"

Trump country has ruined life.

Ferrio

Banned
Either a moron or a troll.

But is there really a difference?

He's right though, during a 100% it's safe to look at without protection and anything before/after that is dangerous like usual. This doesn't apply to Trump, but he's correct as far as safety goes.

Top Bottom