• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Illaoi, the Kraken Priestess - Gameplay Reveal Trailer | 2XKO

Reallink

I don't know what any of these words are, couldn't even hazard a guess which ones may be a title of a game, a sub title, some event/convention name, or character name. Literal nonsensical word salad.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ee Lah oh ee
580.gif

CamHostage

I don't know what any of these words are, couldn't even hazard a guess which ones may be a title of a game, a sub title, some event/convention name, or character name. Literal nonsensical word salad.

Heh, confusing since the game isn't well known yet (especially under its new name.)

2XKO is a new tag-based side-on-view fighting game from Riot and Radiant Entertainment. (Some may recall it from its long-gestation period under the name "Project L".) Fans have been watching for this game because it's a cool-looking and seemingly well-financed fighter, but also because it shares some lore connections to League of Legends, Arcane, and the Legends of Runeterra collectible card game, since it is set in the same Runeterra universe. 2XKO also has an audience because the cofounders of the development studio also established the EVO fighting game tournament

The game is coming to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series in 2025. Five characters have so far been officially revealed in the game's roster (plus 2 more are already viewable in trailers,) one of them being Illaoi. These characters should already be recognizable, for those who have played other games in the saga, as League of Legends champions.

A playable build of it will be at EVO Japan, a popular fighters game convention being held this week in Tokyo.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Heh, confusing since the game isn't well known yet (especially under its new name.)

2XKO is a new tag-based side-on-view fighting game from Riot and Radiant Entertainment. (Some may recall it from its long-gestation period under the name "Project L".) Fans have been watching for this game because it's a cool-looking and seemingly well-financed fighter, but also because it shares some lore connections to League of Legends, Arcane, and the Legends of Runeterra collectible card game, since it is set in the same Runeterra universe. 2XKO also has an audience because the cofounders of the development studio also established the EVO fighting game tournament

The game is coming to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series in 2025. Five characters have so far been officially revealed in the game's roster (plus 2 more are already viewable in trailers,) one of them being Illaoi. These characters should already be recognizable, for those who have played other games in the saga, as League of Legends champions.

A playable build of it will be at EVO Japan, a popular fighters game convention being held this week in Tokyo.

Spot the Riot employee posting on GAF.

CamHostage

Spot the Riot employee posting on GAF.

Ha, no, it just took me a five-Mississippi count of being similarly confused what the heck "2XKO" was and what all the word salad in the OP meant before it clicked what this game was.

I've been interested in this since Project L, but I keep forgetting about it, and the new name still doesn't register yet. (It's catchy, but short, and doesn't hint at all at its LoL connection.) Maybe once it shows up in some tourneys it'll ring more bells. Anyway, still a year away from release.

Last edited:

ShadowLag

Illaoi (ill-ow-ee?) is a League of Legends character. She's fun to play imo. 2XKO is apparently the League of Legends fighting game. Terrible name and art style, imo. EVO is the world's premiere organized fighting game tournament, where multiple fighting games get their own championship brackets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom