• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm about to bust a huge nut! Skies of Arcadia remaster in the works!

There were rumours about this on the grapevine and it's not surprising to hear since there's been several JRPG remasters. Chrono Cross, Tactics Ogre: Reborn, Suikoden I & II and the Final Fantasy releases.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Interested, the game has its charms.
But can't say its a great game either, it has its flaws.

GHG

Don't hold that nut in for so long OP, even if it's in the works it might not come out for several years.

Several years of edging huh?

Neil Degrasse Tyson Cosmos GIF by Vulture.com

Celcius

°Temp. member
It's not the greatest game of all time but I had fun with it back in the day on GameCube.
I'd be down for another playthrough.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
No fucking way...

Please god don't be some simple AI upscaling, try with this one...

I still have my physical copy of the Eternal Arcadia at my parents house.

krmQQof.jpg
7yjlNLF.jpg

And legends for my Cube.

This is my third favorite RPG of all time only after Ar Tonelico 2 and Phantasy Star Online.

Please be good.

Last edited:

Fbh

Interested, the game has its charms.
But can't say its a great game either, it has its flaws.

Yeah, it's fun but this one of those games I think would benefit more from a remake than just a basic upressed port.

Doom85

Excited Lets Go GIF
Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer
Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
Bearcats Baseball Dancing GIF by Cincinnati Bearcats

Be absolutely hyped if this was true. I loved the game on my Gamecube, though the experience was slightly ruined by occasional crashes (and this is why being able to save anywhere in modern JRPGs is a GOOD thing, nothing like losing an hour or so not to death but the game crashing), my disc had a few scratches so not sure if that was the issue or if the game itself was the problem. But I’m totally down for being able to play it again (my GC died ages ago) and hopefully with no crashes this time.

Varteras

Gold Member
Last edited:

StereoVsn

Awesome. This is one of my favorite JRPG front what gen and it says a lot considering PS2 output.

Hopefully they will use GameCube version as the base but fix some of the graphical glitches. And let us control the damn encounter rate! 😂

Anyways, can't wait.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Doesn't hold up as well as you're hoping it does. The story is as generic and overdone as they come and there's not much to the combat or dungeon design. All it has is a compelling, colorful world, a good soundtrack and a goofy upbeat tone.

Varteras

Gold Member
Doesn't hold up as well as you're hoping it does. The story is as generic and overdone as they come and there's not much to the combat or dungeon design. All it has is a compelling, colorful world, a good soundtrack and a goofy upbeat tone.
Mike Tyson Smile GIF

diffusionx

Gold Member
With this, Dolphin on Steam, the potential FZero remaster, MPR, RE4, and Baten Kaitos, Cubechads just can’t stop winning

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Disagree. I played though it again when I was laid off for 2 months during covid lockdowns. It holds up!

That would be awesome. Of course, they'd need to qol a few things, like streamline the battle system and speed it up a bit.

Quasicat

Emulator?
Yep. Dolphin in Dev mode. I’ve even gone in and learned how to use a hex editor to make my files widescreen. It works well with most, but Skies of Arcadia stretches weird and things clip really bad. Paper Mario:TYD is the same way. They still look amazing in the original 4:3 ratio, so I mainly use that.

Pretty dry spell we're in, when a rumor from an unreliable source that a mere remaster of a 20+ yr old game (not even a remake, not a sequel, not a reimagining, which means it's gonna be dated in multiple aspects) is causing any amount of excitement. Desolate times. I love Skies of Arcadia, but this needs a proper new game of sorts, not some cash grab.

Top Bottom