• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Image of grown up Rebecca for Resident Evil Vendetta (CG Movie)

It looks like she's wearing a bib. I said it looked stupid then and it still looks stupid now.

It is standard police issue body armor over a tshirt like every other STARS member(besides Jill's silly shoulder pads),
However Rebecca's actually makes more sense because all the males are wearing Vietnam era flak jackets.

Manu

Twist: that's actually RE:0/1 Rebecca and we'll see the actual older Rebecca later.

I'm like 90% sure that Rebecca's from a flashback. She's wearing her S.T.A.R.S. uniform and is inside a helicopter. That's an RE ending flashback.

Yeah, I'm going with this.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm like 90% sure that Rebecca's from a flashback. She's wearing her S.T.A.R.S. uniform and is inside a helicopter. That's an RE ending flashback.

cheez124

Twist: that's actually RE:0/1 Rebecca and we'll see the actual older Rebecca later.

i kinda thought this at first too, but she's not wearing her choker or earrings from re0/re1, so i think this actually is present day rebecca.

rtcn63

Leon pls

Cometh01.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's the jacket he wore in Resident Evil 6.
Is it though?

RE6-Leon.jpg

Edit: Maybe it is... the colors looked different at first glance

Edit 2: Nope, stripes are different

Manu

Someone translated the plot summary in the previous page,this is a not a RE flashback.

There's probably gonna be a flashback scene introducing Rebecca to the unintiated.

Remember she hasn't appeared in the series since 2002, 15 years to the release of the movie.

Cool. Rebecca is one of my favorite RE characters. Maybe she be star in Revelations 3. Both previous games had female leads had been dormant for a while.

Hmm I kind of like it. Admittedly I wish they gave her a new style but she does look like Rebecca and has aged gracefully. She definitely has a more mature look around her eyes and mouth and cheeks. Much better than Claire's redesign. Bonus if they don't ruin her personality as well. Geeze though looking at these pictures from top to bottom pretty much sums up the latest state of resident evil. Cool calm woman. 2 guys pissed off pointing guns. Scheming likely bad guy covering half their face.

cvxfreak

That Rebecca picture is most certainly a flashback.

She's not a STARS or BSAA member anymore. The Stage play last year also had an RE1 flashback with Rebecca in it. They're likely trying to remind people who she is.

That Rebecca picture is most certainly a flashback.

She's not a STARS or BSAA member anymore. The Stage play last year also had an RE1 flashback with Rebecca in it. They're likely trying to remind people who she is.

Maybe but I also like the idea of her gearing up in her old outfit that she kept as a memento to go on a mission with Chris and Leon.

kc44135

Really excited for this! I personally really liked the first two CG movies, so I'm def on board for this. Kinda mixed on Becky, tho. She's looks kinda the same and completely different at the same time. It's just wierd. Also, damn, wtf happened to Leon and especially Chris? What happened to the manly perfection that is my avatar!?

mollipen

Well hello there older Becky! She definitely is less Ayu-like, but that's fine, because that was always a weird design choice.

Chris Redfield is ugly (and dumb) as shit.

Fixed that for you.

LEON

CUT YOUR FUCKING DERPY ASS HAIR. It's not 1997 anymore and the Backstreet Boys aren't the biggest band in town.

Shut your mouth and stop trying to ruin the one worthwhile
and attractive
male character the RE series has!

Shirke

Something I never understood was the improbable ages and career choices the characters had. Rebecca graduated college early at 18 with a graduate degree in pharmacy, Chris is an ex-Air Force pilot at 25, and Jill is ex-Delta Force at 23. And they all decide to join the police, granted it was an elite unit they were in.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Something I never understood was the improbable ages and career choices the characters had. Rebecca graduated college early at 18 with a graduate degree in pharmacy, Chris is an ex-Air Force pilot at 25, and Jill is ex-Delta Force at 23. And they all decide to join the police, granted it was an elite unit they were in.
This is actually very common in Japanese media. You see it in things like Pokemon's Pokedex, too, where Pokemon give off the same amount of heat as the sun or something equally ridiculous. The seemingly impossible accomplishments/descriptions/etc. are probably related to the extreme push for success and relatively unrealistic expectations for excellence and perfection in Japanese culture, which manifest in a super exaggerated form in their media.

That's just me talking from what I've seen/can gather from what I know of Japanese culture, though.

Shirke

This is actually very common in Japanese media. You see it in things like Pokemon's Pokedex, too, where Pokemon give off the same amount of heat as the sun or something equally ridiculous. The seemingly impossible accomplishments/descriptions/etc. are probably related to the extreme push for success and relatively unrealistic expectations for excellence and perfection in Japanese culture, which manifest in a super exaggerated form in their media.

That's just me talking from what I've seen/can gather from what I know of Japanese culture, though.

Yeah that's something that's very apparent in pretty much all Japanese media, I was just surprised it was the case for Resident Evil as well, which is a very westernised franchise.

watershed

Banned
The two dude's faces in the middle screenshots are weird. Are they both Leon? If so, or if either is him, that's not how I remember him looking in past RE games.

Top Bottom