• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Image of grown up Rebecca for Resident Evil Vendetta (CG Movie)

Guys in second and third pic (whoever they're supposed to be) look like either Rob Liefeld illustrations or sufferers of terminal constipation. :S

well...at least she's not in a bikini
010.jpg
007.jpg
Acceptable.

HeelPower

This movie's timing is interesting.

As if to reassure fans that Capcom isn't abandoning the original characters,in spite of RE7's radical change in direction.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

As if to reassure fans that Capcom isn't abandoning the original characters,in spite of RE7's radical change in direction.
They had to do something with the original RE7.

Sesha

It's part of the 20th anniversary celebration along with RE7, Umbrella Corps, the play, and The Final Chapter (although that last one's probably a coincidence).

~Kinggi~

Banned

I mean, they are remaking RE 2, old style like. They are still gonna market to the old fans.

yeah what happened to the Bish? Anyone know? Voluntary or involuntary?

Evilore said that "bish isn't doing admin duties at this time". That is all. This raises the question of how losing an admin status on a website would help doing anything else in real life. Oh well. I guess it's not our business. I just hope there's no bad blood between Evilore and Bish.

Jobbs

Banned
ughghhhghghg

i cant do it anymore, gaf

Hmm? RE7 has none of the quirky/campy/japanese style the series is known for, it's played totally straight and feels very western. Meanwhile they're releasing a movie that would appear to be in the traditional RE style.

They should pick a tone/style and apply it to the whole series.

Do you exist solely to create conflict on this forum? Fucking do some research and stop shit posting, moron.

Nice

Sesha

Hmm? RE7 has none of the quirky/campy/japanese style the series is known for, it's played totally straight and feels very western. Meanwhile they're releasing a movie that would appear to be in the traditional RE style.

They should pick a tone/style and apply it to the whole series.

RE7 so far is very campy, and the series has always tried to play things straight. The camp was always unintentional, except maybe RE4. Also the series has never had a consistent tone or style. Even if RE7 differs from previous games in certain ways, it's not the only game in the franchise to clash with other mainline games in terms of style, tone or aesthetic.

Jobbs

Banned
RE7 so far is very campy, and the series has always tried to play things straight. Also the series have never had a consistent tone or style. Even if RE7 differs from previous games in certain ways, it's not the only game in the franchise to clash with other mainline games in terms of style, tone or aesthetic.

I'm just basing it on the demo, which I played through. It felt like Outlast to me and the style/tone was nothing resembling any of the other RE games.

I guess it's not a big deal, but it struck me as odd that they were changing things so much for the new mainline game while adhering to the old style for a new movie.

strafer

Geez, Chris...

You know, for someone who always sort of shipped Jill and Chris, I'm starting to think Jill got out at the right time.

Er, maybe...
(seriously, Resident Evil has a problem with faces. They keep breaking what wasn't broken).

Jills Rev face always scares me :D

Sesha

I'm just basing it on the demo, which I played through. It felt like Outlast to me and the style/tone was nothing resembling any of the other RE games.

I guess it's not a big deal, but it struck me as odd that they were changing things so much for the new mainline game while adhering to the old style for a new movie.

Newer trailers and footage shows the game has a lot more camp than the demo (even the initial trailer was goofy in certain aspects), a lot of it being thanks to our resident (pun intended) hillbilly Jack Baker. Also the updated demo has combat, which Outlast doesn't have.

I wouldn't overthink what Capcom does. To the higher ups these are all just products. They announced remasters of DMC4 and DmC at the same time, while probably working on a new classic DMC. Capcom is wildly inconsistent about their products.

Jobbs

Banned
Newer trailers and footage shows the game has a lot more camp than the demo (even the initial trailer was goofy in certain aspects), a lot of it being thanks to our resident (pun intended) hillbilly Jack Baker. Also the updated demo has combat, which Outlast doesn't have.

I wouldn't overthink what Capcom does. To the higher ups these are all just products. They announced remasters of DMC4 and DmC at the same time, while probably working on a new classic DMC. Capcom is wildly inconsistent about their products.

Okay, I'll check it out. I played the original demo months ago and really didn't like it at all (for seeming like Outlast). If things are different than that demo made them seem then I'll be pleased to see it. Thank you

Sesha

Okay, I'll check it out. I played the original demo months ago and really didn't like it at all (for seeming like Outlast). If things are different than that demo made them seem then I'll be pleased to see it. Thank you

No problem. Everything we've been lead to hear about the game makes it sound like it's an evolution of the classic RE formula, the main exceptions being the first person perspective and resulting changes to combat, the character not being as skilled as previous protags, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Blair Witch influences. Personally speaking I'm not jazzed about the first person perspective, nor the combat especially since the Revelations director is in charge, but everything else about the gameplay has me very interested.

Top Bottom