• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images of playable Palutena in Smash Bros. 3DS emerge, seem possibly legit

Find the source images. Post the actual images in here. Show us the receipts.

Here's a video with 3DS Mario doing that pose. This isn't the exact frame, but close enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

ZPXulg3.jpg

This is the Palutena (Rare) pose.
s3gmihD.jpg

ZiKUZLj.jpg

Here are some pics of the Battlefield stage.
qQcHk8e.jpg

bWg4dDX.jpg

njvpMR1.jpg

Fiktion

Banned
Here are some pics of the Battlefield stage.
http://i.imgur.com/qQcHk8e.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bWg4dDX.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/njvpMR1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And not a single one of those looks like the background of either picture. Keep trying.

Forkball

Fake or not, I think she will definitely get in the game. There's quite a few female characters so far. Nintendo is single handedly destroying sexism in gaming!

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Her idol model from Kid Icarus: Uprising is different.

She has slight subtleties from her Brawl trophy, such as her staff.

There exist no backgrounds that exactly match up from what we've seen in that leak shot.

Finally, there are no pictures of Mario in that pose. People posting shots of the Developer Direct (which is as close as you'll get) should notice the subtle difference in camera angle, which makes everything different.

Foffy

Banned
I think she is guaranteed to be in the game. It seems like nobody has been able to really pinpoint that the pictures have stolen things frame for frame, giving these pictures a very interesting circumstance. If these are fakes, these are fakes done by pros. I don't think it would be alarming to really claim this being real is something far fetched.

Foffy

Banned
Why would a leaked off-screen 3DS screenshot look like PR images made for the Smash Dojo?

Makes no sense to me.

Couldn't you take pictures in Brawl? Maybe that's what the person did; pause the game and move the camera. It would also explain the omitted HUD.

Not

Banned
I don't know why Sakurai would just make her an Assist Trophy. Would be weird to take away Pit's Final Smash just to make her an AT. We also don't know if ATs can have the standard 3DS outlines yet, but so far, only playable characters appear to possess them.

blamite

Palutena is definitely going to be in the game whether this is real or not, but I really hope this is an incredibly elaborate hoax because her face looks bad, and I don't want that huge halo to follow her around all the time.

ash_ag

I don't know why Sakurai would just make her an Assist Trophy. Would be weird to take away Pit's Final Smash just to make her an AT. We also don't know if ATs can have the standard 3DS outlines yet, but so far, only playable characters appear to possess them.

Agree that as Pit's Final Smash, Palutena is given more justice than as an AT. If this turns out to be true, it's safe to assume Pit's FS will be
the Three Sacred Treasures

I wonder if any Uprising baddies will make the cut considering this. There are open positions for Bosses and ATs (though it's hard to see very prominent characters as ATs), but I dunno.

NotLiquid

Couldn't you take pictures in Brawl? Maybe that's what the person did; pause the game and move the camera. It would also explain the omitted HUD.

Perhaps, but if there really was a chance to verify this leak as legit they should have taken pictures of a game that's running with the HUD, since it's the only part that's actually been demoed and that we've seen, yet that we don't have clean assets of.

And I find it, if nothing else, dubious that the leaker chose to portray very static environments and elements we've already seen. If this is a fake there's probably a lot of editing gone into it to make it look generally convincing, but if it's real it's set up relatively predictably, such as the fact that it's on the most showcased stage, has the most showcased character on it and has a static portrayal of the newcomer which looks relatively similar to the AR model.

Griss

My BS detector tells me this is BS, but I can't deny what a good fake it is. There's nothing I can point to as obvious, it's just a gut instinct.

Would love Palutena and Hades to be in the game, but that Palutena looks crazy tall and slim. Need to go look at Zelda standing next to Mario to see how much taller than Zelda she'd be. She also doesn't look as good as Zelda, but again, it's the 3DS version and 90% certain it's a fake.

Griss

Agree that as Pit's Final Smash, Palutena is given more justice than as an AT. If this turns out to be true, it's safe to assume Pit's FS will be

I wonder if any Uprising baddies will make the cut considering this. There are open positions for Bosses and ATs (though it's hard to see very prominent characters as ATs), but I dunno.

Viridi as an assist trophy calling down a reset bomb while mocking one of the fighters on stage or humanity in general would be so, so great.

VegiHam

Viridi as an assist trophy calling down a reset bomb while mocking one of the fighters on stage or humanity in general would be so, so great.

Isn't there already a 'Wrath of the Reset Bomb' stage? I don't think we know if Viridi's there to mock us yet though...

Joqu

The fact that we can't match anything of this up with an existing source makes me think it's real. Neat.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Will only believe if Captain Falcon is in the screenshots also.

Stop making me wait Sakurai!

Busaiku

If it's not the Great Sacred Treasure, heads will roll.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Moderator should edit the title of this thread. They should change from playable character to assist trophy.

I truly want to see Palutena as playable character, but I'm still skeptic since I felt something about pictures that are off to me. It's super amazing fake picture if it's fake.

Edited: Apparently, people got confused with 4chan. Someone pointed it out that It wasn't leaker who claimed that Palutena being assist trophy, so I guess it was someone else that were being sarcasm that she's an assist trophy.

TheOGB

Banned
They do look legit; as many have found, the contents of the screen are things we've never seen before, in the way they're presented. Easy explanation is that they could either be upcoming reveal screenshots or Brawl-style pause pictures.

Either way I'm excite
and sad that we can't have like 5 more KI:U reps in the game :(

gosox333

Did something Smash-related or even Nintendo-related really ever leak other than Cranky?

Huge portions of Pokemon X/Y stuff managed to leak over 6 months before release. Nobody really believed it as it happened, but surely enough bit by bit pretty much everything on the list started being confirmed.

It'd be fun to see the same thing happen to Smash and that one list posted.

Alienous

There are plenty of representatives I'd prefer.

Medusa, Phosphora, Phyron,
"HAAADDDEEEEEESS"
. But Palutena? Ugh.

I'd take Thanatos.

Piers

Even if this is fake, it's hard to imagine Palutena not being in the game - either as playable or an assist trophy. She ticks two pretty good boxes of being a female addition and a title Sakurai himself worked on.

Those shots are incredibly convincing, give or take.

TrueBlue

Palutena >> Hades >> Viridi

But honestly, I'd be ecstatic if any of them got in. Dark Pit as alt costume for Pit would be awesome as well.

emb

Is there a detailed model comparison breakdown I can look at somewhere? I saw pictures posted of the Brawl, Uprising, and AR card models. It doesn't seem like much is that different? Not that I expect big changes, but it would be nice to know that it isn't just touched up colors/shading, smoothed shield, and switching out to the older version of the staff.

Actually, looking at the hand/staff in the first picture, it looks pretty bad there.

That actually makes it sound less damning. If you were able to find an identical pose at an identical angle, then it'd be telling.
It's from a video though. The same frame could be in there somewhere. It's hard for me to believe we've never seen Mario just stand there before.

Have we even seen what assist trophies look like this time? Or maybe she's just part of Pit's moveset/final smash?
That also raises a good point. There's no real reason to assume this isn't one of those things.

(And yes, we have seen other assist trophies.)

If it's a fake, then it's a good one in my opinion. The people who say they can tell it from mere pixels must have seen a lot of photoshops.

Anyway, I'm more interested how this or any other leaked pictures of games are taken in the first place. Aren't they afraid of losing their job? Must be a level headed person to do it...

Alienous

She's the most important character in Uprising along with Pit, not to mention she has an awesome personality and her design is perfect for a playable character.

Sure.

But if Ghirahim and Hades don't make it in then Sakurai has something against fabulous-ness.

Dragoshi1

Palutena is capable of fighting, since she's shown twice in the course of Uprising
taking part in combat against Pit.

She's also the secondary main character, Viridi a bit behind her.

I honestly believe she is the only logical addition to the Smash Bros lineup under the Kid Icarus series. Plus, I bet she and Pit will have witty banter, which I cannot pass up.

Top Bottom