• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images of playable Palutena in Smash Bros. 3DS emerge, seem possibly legit

TDLink

I would love for this to be true provided it doesn't diminish Hades' chances. If any KI character should be in next after Pit...it should be him. I'd take Palutena as a third though.

I would love for this to be true provided it doesn't diminish Hades' chances. If any KI character should be in next after Pit...it should be him. I'd take Palutena as a third though.
The game is actually named after Palutena in Japan. She is far more integral than Hades, though I want him, too.

I hope these are legit.

McNum

If real, awesome. I'd love to see Palutena in the game.

If fake, impressive. The person making the fake pretty much would have to have made a new 3D model of Palutena, composited it into an image at 3DS resolution along with Mario and variants of the backgrounds that aren't actually in any of the released images, displayed it on a 3DS XL and taken a picture of it.

I'm hoping for real, but I'm really skeptical of any Smash rumors. Just too many fakes going around. Still... this one looks pretty decent, and I do want a playable Palutena in the game. She was awesome in Kid Icarus Uprising.

TDLink

The game is actually named after Palutena in Japan. She is far more integral than Hades, though I want him, too.

I hope these are legit.

I'm aware of that but Pit is the protagonist and Palutena is almost always in a non combat role. Hades is the best villain Nintendo has made. He deserves to be there on the roster.

Muzy72

Banned
Doesn't the Developer Direct have Mario in that pose? No one has used the Developer Direct as proof that it's real/fake.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Before people believe the Palutena Leaks, remember this picture.

tobrwF4.jpg

The fakest thing to me is that the two screens don't make any sense together. Did he load up two separate screenshots on each screen? That doesn't look like something you'd ever actually see on the screens. One would be a menu or something.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Reminds me of when the evolutions of the X/Y starters were leaked and Photoshop experts immediately knew that they were fake because of the positions or pixels and whatever.

Except they were a 100% real. This...might very well be the same thing.

I did a quick 1:1 comparison where I put that frame next to the dev direct in slow motion.

You never see mario in that exact pose once he's seen from the sideway angle.

Similar, yes. But never exact.

I can vouch for this. Examined each frame; none match up directly with the leaked image. Wow, this is either an incredibly elaborate fake or... real.

Well, we NEED more non-Mario, female characters in Smash, but her face is really weird. It makes me wonder if it's fake or they just didn't care.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Someone made the statement at smashboards

Apparently some people are saying it's made by the Project M animators and stacksmash modder, Pik.
They say the cleavage part is hinting that the Palutena model makes it fake, can someone point it out. Not very good at the visuals.

Anteo

Watch Sakurai remove her from the game now because the surprise has been ruined. Kind of the explanation given for no SSE like mode :the story would be uploaded on youtube in a few hours

Can someone give me a source on this? OP, where did you find this?

I think it was posted on 4chan?

The stiff, expressionless face and awkward hands should be a giveaway. New Smash models have extra attention on facial features, so the crudely morphed T-pose in the first one isn't too convincing. Calling fake.

Top Bottom