• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Important" Super Robot Wars News coming

Am I the only one who would like the original Macross series (not Do You Remember Love?) in a new SRW game? I remember it in the Alpha series but think it was a mix of the series and DYRL. Correct me if I am wrong on that, though.

Nope, you're not. If they insist on keeping Macross Frontier then they could at least throw this in too. Maybe have Frontier take more of a back seat.

JCG

More importantly, Gunbuster/Diebuster pls.

Man, I strongly support this request in a way that I can't properly convey in words alone.

SRW Z3 throw in ZZ Gundam and FMP SIGMA. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IT WOULD BE THE BEST SRW EVER.

I haven't checked out FMP Sigma, but it would definitely be cool to see more FMP in SRW, period.

No more Code Geass pls.

If they could justify having so many returning series from Z1 in Z2, expecting otherwise for Z2 stuff in Z3 is a bit pointless.

Not that I'd share your underlying feelings, either way, but hey...opinions.

Considering Dark Prison just came out and that they already have a vita title in the works, my money's on this being Z3 on the Vita. And Banpresto, it's been nearly a goddamn decade. Who do I have to kill to get Diebuster in SRW?

'Important' can only mean new anime series animated by Obari.

SRW Z3 throw in ZZ Gundam and FMP SIGMA. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IT WOULD BE THE BEST SRW EVER.

Best SRT ever would include Five Star Stories !
Yeah, not gonna happen. SRT's dark history and all that.

Best SRT ever would include Five Star Stories !
Yeah, not gonna happen. SRT's dark history and all that.

I dunno man but with Votoms, Patlabor, Keroro Gunsou, Golion and other surprises of these last few recent SRTs I've stopped being skeptical of FSS never joining a SRT. Giant Robo's a different story though.

I'm in for a SRT with a "harvesting" theme with Gunbuster, Diebuster, Vandread and Majestic Prince included lol

Coxy

At least we're now sure it won't be on a region locked system.

Yeah, not really surprising considering Z3 is the most likely candidate, as its existence has already been explicitly mentionned. I think there was something about a new anime on that slide though.

Would kill for another series as good as The Inspector

Takao

Banned
Early reports are coming in saying it's for PS3 and Vita. The game will feature mechs from Evangelion, Gunbuster, and Full Metal Panic among others. Release is April 10th.

Early reports are coming in saying it's for PS3 and Vita. The game will feature mechs from Evangelion, Gunbuster, and Full Metal Panic among others. Release is April 10th.

*goosebumps*

Holy shit! I hope that's true! Waiting for that reveal already but can't find info on it anywhere, yet. :p

Takao

Banned
Trailer: http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-28746.html

It's SRW Z3:

Dengeki PlayStation this week reveals the latest entry in the Super Robot Wars series to be 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku Henfor PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

Due out on April 10 in Japan, the game offers 32 participating works. It will feature cross save across PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. It consists of two parts and will be the last chapter in the Z series.

The PlayStation 3 version will cost 8,070 yen, and the PS Vita version will cost 7,121 yen. First-print copies include a high-def remake of the first generation Super Robot Wars. The HD remake will also be released separately on April 24 for 1,204 yen.

Participating works include:

Trider G7
Tetsujin 28-Go
Six God Combination Godmars
Armored Trooper Votoms
Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
Armored Trooper Votoms: The Brilliant Heretic
Super Dimension Century Orguss
Z Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
Gundam W Endless Waltz
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gunam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer
Gundam Unicorn
Gunbuster
Macross 7
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime
Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
Getter Robo Armageddon
Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen
Dai-Guard
The Big O
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Juso Kiko Dancouga Nova
Gurren Lagann
Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Evangelion Shin Gekijou-ban Jo
Evangelion Shin Gekijou-ban Ha
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Aquarion EVOL

3rd Super Robot Wars Z is currently 80 percent complete.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2013/12/3rd-super-robot-wars-z-announced-ps3-ps-vita#rBDsAKOLoIKhfxE0.99

any chance at a localization?

32 different licensed anime series says no.

So excited, wow. Day one? Day one.

More Votoms, Full Metal Panic!, Eva.........gt4eiogtioh4reow3ih.rui3209ur3-0198u9081!!!!!

Omg ... can't wait to play it!!!

Tsukumo

Another 2 parter? fffffffff

probably three. I think they are milking the new animations (and the crazy amount of voiced dialogue) as much as they can: hell, purgatory, and heaven.
It's more a hope then a certainty XD but hey, a fan can dream. There's also the fact that two Evangelion movies are missing, there's no Diebuster and...I keep my fingers cross to finally see Senko no Hathaway portrayed in SRW.
I've replayed the dedicated G-Generation Spirits scenario so many times...

A tear came down when they showed Eva and Unicorn.

I got a tear when I saw that Sachiel animation for entirely different reasons.

That Chouginga Gurren Lagann and Gunbuster though...!

How do people play these games when they can't read Japanese?

For me, my first SRW game were the two OG games Atlus brought over for the Gameboy Advance. The menu's are pretty much the same and there are also websites like http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars that translate menu's, seishins, parts, etc. Most of the story is lost on me but I've seen some story translations for the recent games that you can read online.

It's not the same as knowing Japanese but the games are fully playable (not to mention enjoyable).

fertygo

It's not the same as knowing Japanese but the games are fully playable (not to mention enjoyable).

Yep, Z2 saga is some of the most fun time that I ever had with video games.. its so laughably easy but its so satisfying to curbstomp those grunt MS with overpowered dream line-up lol

Can't wait for this Z3 with even better cast.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Music at the end of the trailer was pretty hype.

Considering they have eva 序 and 破 I'm expecting a Z3-2 with the other two along with diebuster maybe.

probably three. I think they are milking the new animations (and the crazy amount of voiced dialogue) as much as they can: hell, purgatory, and heaven.
I guess it's a pun but the jigoku used here isn't written as hell (it's "time prison", not "earth prison").

Also, on an unrelated note, I don't know if it was posted but Terada mentioned a clear data import during the stream.

I have a sneaking suspicion the most they'll go up to is Chouginga GL, parceling out GL's plot through a grand total of 4 games.

A bit too many reused animations, especially for the first trailer. And FMP looks... odd? I guess, it kinda stands out in a bad way.

But holy crap they went all out for the cut-ins. And I'm glad Schwarzwald is back! A billion times better than that clown dude who replaced him.

Top Bottom