• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

Damaniel

Banned
Last time I ordered one, the patties were damn near raw in the middle - I'm not sure how they managed that on a patty that isn't much thicker than a quarter. I had to wait 45 minutes in line just to get those burgers the first time so I couldn't even get replacements.

You guys can keep them. We have Five Guys up here, which is a far superior burger anyway.

Chris R

The underrated aspect of in n out burgers are how fresh the veggies are along with the meat, the lettuce, onions, and tomato are really crispy and it adds a lot to the flavor profile

Five guys cajun fries are GOAT though

Now I'm back in Alaska where we will never have either

Eh, Five Guys will be up here in 2025 or whenever our economic slump turns around. No In-N-Out though :(

I would hate to see In-N-Out Burger come to the East Coast, because then everyone would realize they're largely over-rated, and elitist Los Angelians would lose the ability to heap ridiculous praise on the restaurant and feel special.

The only reason In-N-Out is such a big deal is not because of the quality/taste of their food, it's the fact that they're seen as such an exclusive fast food restaurant. They know that, hence them being wary of spreading farther away. They're like the unicorn of fast food, but once you pet the unicorn, you realize it's kind of just a horse and and the horn is glued on.
I mean, they've already lost that given it's now in Texas.

In-N-Out was terrible every time I was forced by coworkers to eat there for lunch. They all raved about how amazing it was. I'm sitting there like... this ain't the Habit or Culver's.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Then why not open some east coast distribution centers? I'd love to try In-N-Out because people talk about it. But I will probably never visit the west coast.

At least we have Five Guys. I just wish Five Guys had cheese fries as an option. No I don't want Cajun. I want cheese!

I got White Castle and the occasional Shack Shack/Five Guys, I'm good.

White Castle isnt a good substitute for anything. Its hardly food. If I had the choice between cat food and White Castle....I would probably chose White Castle but there would be at least a good 15 second delay to consider cat food.

droggg

Just had In-N-Out burger for the first time on Sunday actually, is this what the west coast thinks is a good burger? Honestly tasted exactly like a Wendy's junior bacon cheese burger, ya'll can keep it... incredibly overrated.

studyguy

Fam, The Habit's generic Char Burger is fucking $8 though. That's a burger alone.
Like The Habit called their offshoot The Hook a burger bistro because they're like $10 minimum for a burger and fries.

Elandyll

Banned
hahaha

of course it is..lol...of course it is...we have those in Cali too.

Those too.

In N Out is still superior.
?

The Habit is not just better, it's in a different league entirely imo.

Way more expensive though (same for 5 guys or Fudruckers, but overall I'd give The Habit the edge maybe).

Aeana

I live near two In-N-Out locations, and one of them is far, far worse than the other one. If this place is so concerned with keeping the quality of the brand up by not franchising and only using fresh ingredients, etc., then they need to have a talk with one of the places near me. I tried the crappy one first and I was just in utter awe of how anybody would consider this place to be decent. Wasn't until I tried the other that I got it.

rudger

Why on earth do people like five guys so much?! Also five guys is wildly inconsistent. Every In N Out burger I've been to has been good. Five guys is a crapshoot.

Edit: lol post above me. Guess I've just been lucky

studyguy

?

The Habit is not just better, it's in a different league entirely imo.

Way more expensive though (same for 5 guys or Fudruckers, but overall I'd give The Habit the edge maybe).

You might as well put Red Robin and The Habit in the same league, since they both cost about the same, one just happens to be a sit down restaurant.

Couleurs

White Castle isnt a good substitute for anything. Its hardly food. If I had the choice between cat food and White Castle....I would probably chose White Castle but there would be at least a good 15 second delay to consider cat food.

White Castle is god tier when you are drunk or high. Which is why it's surprising there are none in Colorado - maybe none of the weed states, period? Not sure.

Seems like a pretty big oversight on their part. I don't know if they franchise, but if they do then there's a huge opportunity, right there.

norm9

Just had In-N-Out burger for the first time on Sunday actually, is this what the west coast thinks is a good burger? Honestly tasted exactly like a Wendy's junior bacon cheese burger, ya'll can keep it... incredibly overrated.

No other $3 burger can touch In N Out. That's why posters bringing in overpriced pub and craft burgers for comparison.

Draft

Annapolis now has "Cali-Burger" which is a hilarious blatant rip-off of In-n-Out. We don't even need ya. Have the Sorny of In-n-Out already.

reKon

Banned
Five guy's has been consistent for me, but that shit is overpriced. Not as overpriced as Shake Shack though. Like GTFO with that pricing, lmao

In-N-Out is burgers are actually very very good for the price, but it's not like it's the saddest thing ever not having it here. I think I'll live just fine.

friday

It's cool, they can't complete with Freddy's anyways.

636270918991770154-Freddy-s-Combo-Meal-a.jpg

Nesotenso

they are really good burgers. Not absolutely mind blowing. But I think expectations are what they are because how praise is heaped upon them.

reKon

Banned
white castle burgers are complete shit compared to anything else in this thread. Why is that shit even mentioned here? That deserves a 1 day ban just for bringing it into this convo.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm glad we have no in-n-out up here in Washington state. For its price the burgers are so good, I need to eat less fast food not more lol.

Also to those mentioning five guys, their burgers are good yeah but for the price in-n-out is a no brainer over it.

WaterAstro

All I see in this thread are salty least coasters.

Best burger I've ever had keeps winning, even though it's not in my city. ;_;

Aeana

Texas wins at food again and always. Especially fast food. It's amazing that we get In-N-Out, Shake Shack, Five Guys, Chick-Fil-A, Cane's, Chicken Express, Popeye's, KFC, AND Whataburger.

+ Steak 'n Shake, Mooyah, Kincaid's, Freddy's at least. I'm sure there are others. Mooyah is my secret favorite.

Hugstable

Banned
Lucky to have an In N Out around me, there prices are always decent and food seems to always be well cooked (except the fries, but I've never been a fan of their fries). We recently got a five guys and I think there food is good, but the price is just way too much. Don't know if it's any different for Five Guys back east, but man noone rarely goes there due to the prices.

I live near two In-N-Out locations, and one of them is far, far worse than the other one. If this place is so concerned with keeping the quality of the brand up by not franchising and only using fresh ingredients, etc., then they need to have a talk with one of the places near me. I tried the crappy one first and I was just in utter awe of how anybody would consider this place to be decent. Wasn't until I tried the other that I got it.

Yeah I've had my fair share of a few bad in n outs, once you find a good one though, it's pretty damn good. Though quality can go bad in the good stores sometimes too :(

mikeGFG

Banned
Yes there are better burgers than In-N-Out (Apple Pan, Father's Office, The Habit), but for the price, convenience and quality control, it can't be beat.

Also, I'd wither away into ash than bite into a Five Guys burger.

Top Bottom