• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

I'm spoiled and live in very close proximity to a In-N-Out, Five Guys, and Habit Grill.

The former two's burgers are good in ways distinct from the other, but that's the last thing I'd order at Habit; their's are basically slightly-inferior In-N-Out burgers at Five Guys prices.

Their Golden Chicken Sandwich gives me life, though.

thumb_600.jpg

what kind of argument is that? I'm paying for prepared food, I shouldn't have to salt my fries.

edit: I'm not done with you yet. Salting fries after they get to your table means that the salt is not going to melt into the fry. They need to get salt straight out of the fryer. FACTS.

what kind of argument is that? I'm paying for prepared food, I shouldn't have to salt my fries.

It kind of makes sense to be able to control some items yourself. Does this mean you do nothing to your food once received. No condiments for things like fries, no additional toppings, dips for other types of food, nothing? Just take it literally as-is?

When you're the only child that anyone on either side of your family that anyone bothered to have over generations and you get to inherit a 1.1B business.

lynsi-snyder-1.jpg

A 35 year old billionaire burger joint owner. Incredible.

I'd like to try In and Out at some point as I've herd its good from some people but I've got Cookout and Five Guys pretty close to me so I'll live.

What I really want in my area is a frekaing Donatos pizza. The one thing I miss so much from living in Ohio. Best pizza imo.

Got one here in Raleigh

Sulik2

Their food is terrible any ways. We don't need them east coast. My biggest disappoint of my vacation to california was how bad In-and-Out was.

It kind of makes sense to be able to control some items yourself. Does this mean you do nothing to your food once received. No condiments for things like fries, no additional toppings, dips for other types of food, nothing? Just take it literally as-is?

hell yes as is. The cooks add the toppings and condiments I want.

Figments

Y'all sound super salty that In-N-Out ain't making it to the East Coast.

And considering the previous direction of this conversation, that was a bad pun.

studyguy

When you're the only child that anyone on either side of your family that anyone bothered to have over generations and you get to inherit a 1.1B business.

lynsi-snyder-1.jpg

A 35 year old billionaire burger joint owner. Incredible.

That family has literally had the most misfortunate history ever man, I don't actually envy her. Hell, she's kept out of spotlight for a while since she had a couple kidnapping attempts not even a few years ago.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I really don't understand the appeal. There are 4 classes of fast food burgers that I can think of:
1. Highest quality. Seasoned, uses normal quality beef and not mechanically separated cow scraps from heart tissue etc. These places tend to cost a bit more but that's why. $5 for a ~quarter pound burger. Example: Wendy's, Red Robin.
2. Marginally better than McDonalds territory. Whataburger, Burger King (barely), P Terry's, Five Guys (good beef, but they don't know how to season it). Cheaper beef, but not horrible.
3. McDonalds. Poor seasoning, shit tier beef. This is how they can make a profit selling prepared quarter pounds of beef for a couple of bucks.
4. Stuff that often will make you sick. 711 burgers, Krystal, White Castle.

I think In N Out is clearly in the #2 area.

Dishwalla

Banned
Five Guys is gross, talk about food that makes you hate yourself after you eat it. It's just so heavy and greasy. Plus it's pricey, not worth it.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know how anyone can actually think Five Guys is good. They literally dont even salt the beef when cooking it. I've asked more than once if they can add salt to the beef when cooking, and I've been told it's against policy.

jstripes

Banned
I'm fine with this. Things are boring when you have everything everywhere. Different fast food chains are one of the things to look forward to when travelling across the US.

bill0527

Awesome news. Last thing I need is another overrated burger joint option in the neighborhood.

I know this is an edge lord response but honestly, I tried it when I was in Scottsdale a few years ago and it was nothing special.

Piggus

I really don't understand the appeal. There are 4 classes of fast food burgers that I can think of:
1. Highest quality. Seasoned, uses normal quality beef and not mechanically separated cow scraps from heart tissue etc. These places tend to cost a bit more but that's why. $5 for a ~quarter pound burger. Example: Wendy's, Red Robin.
2. Marginally better than McDonalds territory. Whataburger, Burger King (barely), P Terry's, Five Guys (good beef, but they don't know how to season it). Cheaper beef, but not horrible.
3. McDonalds. Poor seasoning, shit tier beef. This is how they can make a profit selling prepared quarter pounds of beef for a couple of bucks.

You don't know what you're talking about if you think In-N-Out is marginally better than McDonalds but worse than Wendy's in terms of beef quality and freshness.

did you just put Wendy's burgers over five guys burgers? cmon son

This seems weird. So then do you make the cooks pre-drizzle the bloomin onion sauce on your blooming onion before you'd accept it? Do you make sure your bread is pre-buttered too?

I've never had a bloomin onion

We have a load of great Burger joints in Glasgow Scotland: Bread Meats Bread, Handmade Burger Company, Gourmet Burger and we have a Five Guys.

If In N Out aren't going to the East coast of America, I take it there's no chance of getting one here? Actually, think there might have been a pop up one in London a while back, maybe a one off?

norm9

edit: I'm not done with you yet. Salting fries after they get to your table means that the salt is not going to melt into the fry. They need to get salt straight out of the fryer. FACTS.

You eat pizza with a fork is all I'm hearing.

-NeoTB1-

Sucks for my East Coast fam. We haven't had them long in Texas, but it's fast become one of my go-to burger places.
Five Guys is still better, though.

HariKari

Where are you eating that Wendy's is better than In N Out? The hell.

In N Out isn't the absolute best burger, but for the money and the quality of service it's really hard to beat. I've never once had bad service despite them usually being absolutely jammed full of customers and I've never had a burger that didn't taste fresh. I've got a Five Guys, Freddies, Culvers etc... all around me but prefer the In N Out.

Poppy

We have In-N-Out in southern Oregon. It's also in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, etc. Never even heard of Burgerville.

burgerville is great, just a little bit expensive. i know they have one inside PDX and i used to go to the one up in OC

great burgers, great burger sauce, insane shakes

people like the walla walla onion rings

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
You don't know what you're talking about if you think In-N-Out is marginally better than McDonalds but worse than Wendy's in terms of beef quality and freshness.

I'm probably going to upset a lot of people, but yes Wendy's double is consistently better. In N Out tastes like McDonalds with lots of sauce and cheese.

did you just put Wendy's burgers over five guys burgers? cmon son

From what I remember the last time I had 5 guys is it was just a hunk of meat without a lot of seasoning and lots of soggy fries soaked with peanut oil. I wouldn't be surprised if 5 guys uses better ingredients, but they don't know how to cook.

CD'S BAR

Even if you think Habit and Five Guys are better, they are more expensive and most -if at all, in case of Five Guys - don't have drive-thru.

I've only ever had terrible burgers from 5 guys. They are expensive and awful. Plus all the locations I've been to have been disgusting.

Top Bottom