• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread we post screens of early videogame builds

Dizzy

Banned
neopokekun said:
House of the Dead 3
hotd3_early2.jpg
hotd3_early1.jpg
:lol I remember that. It was a bad idea IMO. I would say I'm glad they changed it...but the final product was really anything worth being excited about.

The evolution of DOOM 1

Doom Technology Demo
dtech1.gif
dtech2.gif
dtech3.gif

Only two months of work done.

Doom Alpha 4-2
dachairs.gif
dae1m7.gif

dalockers.gif
dashowers.gif

Chairs, crude weapon pick-up graphics (except for the chainsaw), locker rooms with showers

Doom Alpha 5-22
dbdoom2.gif
dbstart.gif
dae2m1b.gif

Left: This level ended up in Doom 2 (as the Refueling Base). Middle: Short test level not used in the final game.

Doom Press Release Demo
dpbfg1.gif
dpbook.gif

dpskulls4.gif
dpscore.gif

The BFG fires different, bonus item, different looking Lost Souls. The game still keeps score

bon3_alpha.png
bon3_beta.png
bon4_alpha.png
bon4_beta.png

Some of the items that didn't make it to the final game.

And finally the first release version (v 0.99)
doom99sw.gif

This shape was edited in later versions

You can download these alphas as well as find lots of more screens and info HERE and HERE.

Zotty said:
That game got released in Europe if im not mistaken.

You are mistaken, it was never officialy released but it was leaked.

Was there ever any screenshot released for Exo?

That was the one with the gorgeous-looking white city. Apparently, the white look was just because they hadn't textured it. When they did, it looked crap.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
DOBERMAN INC said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Are you guys planning on a RL3? and if so on what console?

Its being talked about, but nothing concrete. Likely candidate platforms are PSP, PS2, PC, and 360.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Thread am win!
What's all this about FFVII 16-bit style? I've never seen graphics from a beta like that before.

SantaC

here are some real early Quake 3 shots

image-o-matic26.jpg

image-o-matic15.jpg

image-o-matic1.jpg

image-o-matic6.jpg

image-o-matic18.jpg

yes actually the character in the early Quake 3 game looked like normal people with t-shirts and shorts. I remember that I prefered this look over the gorillas on steriods often used today.

^^

I remeber that when those pictures where going around in Magazines!

I forgot which magazine in particular had those and an interview with Carmack that had him pictured with his trademark Ferrari....

anyways...here's some more!

929060_20050106_screen007.jpg

929060_20050106_screen010.jpg

929060_20050106_screen009.jpg

and finally...hope this one makes it back in later on :) :

800px-SiNE1_Bridge.jpg

Scotch said:
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

duke001.jpg

duke019.jpg

duke014.jpg

LMAO..I still have camcorder footage of this stuff I nabbed at the last E3 that was held in Atlanta (I can't remember the year right now).

I was wondering when somebody would take the plunge.......

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Apharmd Battler said:
LMAO..I still have camcorder footage of this stuff I nabbed at the last E3 that was held in Atlanta (I can't remember the year right now).

I was wondering when somebody would take the plunge.......

DNF E3 2001
Best damn action trailer of all time, it has everything!:lol

SantaCruZer said:
here are some real early Quake 3 shots

yes actually the character in the early Quake 3 game looked like normal people with t-shirts and shorts. I remember that I prefered this look over the gorillas on steriods often used today.
They're the devs, the models were released with one of the patches after release.:)

Zenith

Banned
epmode said:
Pretty sure this is the final version. You can do all of that with a Gameshard or something.

No, you could only do this with the RE4 demo that came out. It had the debug menu in.

Those effects are in the final game though, the invisibility was for those insects, the infra-red was for the sniper scope and the slow-mo+blue shimmer is used when you do a "dodge" or CQC in that Jack Krauser final boss fight.

The japense demo of mega man legends 2 had missions and and a side-story that were nowhere to be seen in the final release or the american demo
Here is a detailed description of what that demo had
screen-d05.jpg

screen-d10.jpg

screen-d12.jpg

screen-a05.jpg

screen-a06.jpg

screen-a04.jpg

screen-a01.jpg

wasn't megaman legends 1 also very different when it was first shown? I've been trying to look for some early screenshots but can't find anything before the japanese launch
renvi said:
Onimusha
PS1 Ver:
PS2 Ver.
weren't there any shots released of the N64 version?

Does anyone have the very first screenshots from Mega Man X? They came out about a year before the final game... it featured X in a city, but everthing was all white and the sky was clear blue with some clouds. I think it was the opening, which got replaced with a nighttime setting. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

SantaC

FortNinety said:
Does anyone have the very first screenshots from Mega Man X? They came out about a year before the final game... it featured X in a city, but everthing was all white and the sky was clear blue with some clouds. I think it was the opening, which got replaced with a nighttime setting. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

yes I remember that pic from an old magazine.

Top Bottom