• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming PokeBomb: New Evolution Dropping Wednesday

LordJim

When I scrolled through the image, I thought it was a
uterus
Definitely made more sense when I looked again.

Good old school of Magneton/Dugtrio evolutions

Yeah honestly the only reason people are bitter right now is because of misplaced hyped.
Pretty much. "NEW EVO ANNOUNCEMENT 2 WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE OMG"

Doublade.

I hate the design but it's not like I have to like every single Pokemon. My problem is thinking people actually wanted to see this.

You make it sound like being a Kamen Rider weapon name is bad :p

Nah, I expect it to be a coat of arms.

But this one has a theme.

Unlike most "repeaters", Klinklang and Doublade makes sense because it's part of their theme.
I don't have a problem with it. But to say the design isn't unoriginal is just silly. Even if dual swords are a thing it doesn't mean the design isn't more of the same.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Has the announcement happened yet?

Yep, we got Doublade.

xmAatTM.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't have a problem with it. But to say the design isn't unoriginal is just silly. Even if dual swords are a thing it doesn't mean the design isn't more of the same.

Well repeating Pokemon isn't new, but the way how it's executed in Klinklang (gear functions) and Doublade (coat of arms) is fresh!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh right. I still want it anyway. What is Honedge/Doublade's weakness now?

Sure, which one do you want me to cut it out with? Honedge or Doublade?

He's weak to Ground Fire, Ghost, and Dark, the latter two due to the change.

Well repeating Pokemon isn't new, but the way how it's executed in Klinklang (gear functions) and Doublade (coat of arms) is fresh!
Oh I'm speaking purely from a design perspective, not a concept one. I personally find the idea of Doublade a neat concept, but swords have never been intriguing to me so it's not very interesting to me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Haha, you will literally defend anything.*

*that's not gen i

Nah, more like being rational. I mean you don't see me defending Mewtwo Y unless it involved stupid crap like those in Smash :p

With that said I'm being antsy at all the reaction lately.

Making sense doesn't make it a good design.

But when it makes sense, the design becomes understandable, and you'll go "Oh!"

Top Bottom