• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [September] Now Voting - Post 878!

Got Knytt Underground through a Reddit trade. What a fantastic game. Beautiful art style and awesome platforming. Would it be considered a Metroidvania? If so, it's my first one

Got Knytt Underground through a Reddit trade. What a fantastic game. Beautiful art style and awesome platforming. Would it be considered a Metroidvania? If so, it's my first one

I would suggest your first be Super Metroid.
It's only one of the greatest games ever made.

please do yourself a favor and play the secret best jrpg ever

http://playism-games.com/games/demonkingchronicle/

simple yet interesting fragmented fable-like story

simple yet rewarding gameplay: don't grind if you don't want to, explore, get the loot, and choose the best time to engage enemies (or a group of them),maybe using the traps against them if they are too strong (and believe me, they are)

dark souls-like shortcuts!

secret walls!

FAKE secret walls!

so good.

oh and it's free to play (just click on download the game, with 1 dollar you just buy a zip with extras), but i donated 5 dollars after playing it.

50 Indie Games That Are Stuck On Greenlight Still

Now go and vote, indie lovers (if you haven't already). Cloudbuilt, Tiny Barbarian, and Worlds....wow, I want those now

Pretty good list, but it would be a lot more useful with a meatier description of each title and especially a note about what stage each one is at. I'm much more invested in helping games that are done get access to the Steam marketplace than I am making sure upcoming games are pre-Greenlit at this point.

I'll try to do a list with the description of each games but I'm pretty busy this entire weekend so I may post it around Monday.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Having quite a fun night playing GUN GODZ. The soundtrack is so perfectly ballin, and I love the "ding" of the elevator at the beginning of each level. Its good hyperactive fun.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Having quite a fun night playing GUN GODZ. The soundtrack is so perfectly ballin, and I love the "ding" of the elevator at the beginning of each level. Its good hyperactive fun.
I want to love the game, but I can't get past the fact that the screen is antialised. It should be crisp blocky pixels. I'm not talking about the textures, the actual screen is blurred. I'd been watching that game since forever and was disappointed when it came out and they didn't turn that off.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I think since I'm playing it on a big tv sitting real close it still looks suitably blocky to me.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Hmm, I think since I'm playing it on a big tv sitting real close it still looks suitably blocky to me.
To me, this:

ibwfJqGDXY6m49.png

ibm3zUchqLwWUO.png
Is very distracting. The blurriness makes it seem washed out to me and unplayable. I need crisp clean pixels in low-resolution games. And there's no options whatsoever. I'd love to contact Vlambeer and ask them to put an option in. Also the mouse is not sensitive enough. There's no options at all to tweak this either. Shame. I wanted to play this forever. It's unplayable for me. Especially with the low sensitivity on my turning.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know... I think it looks fine to me. Maybe its a different build? The enemies look chunky as fuck. Ha, for me the mouse is way too sensitive. I only have to move my mouse like an inch and I do a 180.

Omega

Banned
when is Delver's Drop going to get greenlit..

I remember watching it on some TotalBiscuit "WTF is ____" and I've been wanting to play it ever since

rybrad

when is Delver's Drop going to get greenlit..

I remember watching it on some TotalBiscuit "WTF is ____" and I've been wanting to play it ever since
Delver's Drop has already been Greenlit. The game is still in Alpha though and judging by the latest build I played, it still has a ways to go.

Sorry for the bad quality.
Is that...a weapon? Were weapons always planned or is that a mechanic you added recently?

Once again, the atmosphere is awesome. I like that it doesn't rush at you. It just approaches you slow and steady out of the darkness. I think that's creepier than a jump scare, charging out of the dark moment

No Screenshots from Hof? Might have to fill in for him again

Dascu

Is that...a weapon? Were weapons always planned or is that a mechanic you added recently?
I've added it in recently, together with some changes to combat in general. It's not a last-minute thing though, I was planning this kind of change for a while now.

Gun Godz is easily one of my favorite shooters in recent years and probably my favorite Vlambeer game.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Cool freebie - Pause Ahead

Pausing the game preserves your momentum and makes you invulnerable. You have to use that ability to make it through traps and obstacles

Heh, was going to say that the saws in the picture are eerily similar to the saws in Tower of Heaven. But that's probably because askiisoft is the developer of both.

In fact, Pause Ahead still holds a lot of what made Tower of Heaven, even to the point of calling back and remaking a level. But PA is still a treat on it's own regard, very cool gimmick.

If you haven't played it yet, Tower of Heaven is a quick platformer where you climb said tower but you must follow the ever changing rules placed by the god or die.
http://askiisoft.com/games/tower-of-heaven/

Assault Android Cactus is absolutely fantastic. I don't know what magic they did to get so many enemies and bullets and explosions to happen at once, on my lower specs on High settings with no lag...

Such a fun, fast, frenetic game. Each character plays different and requires different strategies to succeed. The mix of bullet hell and dual stick enemy hordes plus the power up system that makes you reduces when you get hit and the intensity of the battery system adds more depth than one might expect.

vespula_wasp.gif

Gbraga

I'm glad you like it, I'm really looking forward to this game myself, looks amazing.

Too bad it won't have online co-op though.

It's funny. First time I tried the Rogue Legacy demo, I didn't like it all. Decided to try it again today and now I love it. So whenever the next Sale comes, Rogue Legacy or Spelunky?

I think I might like RL more because it's a mix of bullet hell style evasion, RPG elements, roguelike elements, and hardcore platforming but Spelunky sounds just as good. I've only played the original freeware Spelunky so I don't know much improved the new one compares

I'm more a Rogue Legacy kinda guy, but they are both great games. The semi-persistent structure of that game resonated with me more though.

It's funny. First time I tried the Rogue Legacy demo, I didn't like it all. Decided to try it again today and now I love it. So whenever the next Sale comes, Rogue Legacy or Spelunky?

I think I might like RL more because it's a mix of bullet hell style evasion, RPG elements, roguelike elements, and hardcore platforming but Spelunky sounds just as good. I've only played the original freeware Spelunky so I don't know much improved the new one compares

I love both games, but I would say Rogue Legacy is easier to recommend. The persistent upgrading and boss progression will easily keep one engaged throughout the adventure. Completion (and subsequent New Game+ completions) are the end goal of Rogue Legacy, whereas Spelunky is more a treat for people who love score/time chasing and messing with its intricate mechanics.

Filling in for Hofmann

zX - Hyperblast - 'zX' brings the euphoric intensity of bullet hell shmups to a new arena. Pilot your small, but formidable ship through swarms of foul monstrosities and cybernetic juggernauts, carving a path of insane destruction through the games cavernous levels. On Greenlight.

Castle Breakers - Inspired by the block breaker games of yore, Castle Breakers is a physics driven action adventure RPG, wrapped in a 3D pixellated fantasy theme. On Kickstarter.

Cloak and Spells - Cloaks & Spells is a 2D action adventure platformer set in a mysterious world filled with vile creatures and evil demons. Travel through deadly dungeons and across monster infested jungles while utilizing various melee weapons and powerful spells.

Haberdash - Explore a procedurally-generated world in search of your missing father.

Hofmann

Ooh good luck with that. Where are you moving to? Same City? Something small and cozy?

The same neighbourhood, actually it's 200m from my old place. It's little bigger and has beautiful view on the forest. Can't wait to move in, hopefully everything will work fine.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Much appreciated. Without the SS, I wouldnt be able to fill the future section of the threads.

The same neighbourhood, actually it's 200m from my old place. It's little bigger and has beautiful view on the forest. Can't wait to move in, hopefully everything will work fine.

"View of the forest"- picture demanded!

Proven Lands - Proven Lands is much about exploration, being alone and lost in an unknown sci-fi world without high skills or super powers. Your spaceship did an amazing looking crash and you seems to be the only survivor. Shortly after the crash you experience a harsh and hostile desert environment, and fear, hunger and thirst. Kickstarter and pre-alpha demo in October

Zeathre - Opensource rougelike simulator with evolving creatures and tribes, clans.

Glob the game - Glob the game is an upcoming platforming adventure for iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux and OUYA.

The Little Crane That Could - The best, and most popular crane simulator is coming to the PC. Built upon an incredibly advanced physics simulation, The Little Crane That Could will let you tackle a diverse set of challenges and puzzles. On Greenlight

Exiled - It’s a 2.5D Action Platformer focused on Fighting combat like combos and special moves and some RPG elements. The story follows a renegade demon who is trying to gain his way back to Hel to seek revenge.

The Girl and the Robot - The girl and the robot is an action/adventure game about a little girl trying to escape from an evil castle. The castle is filled with hordes of steam powered robots trying to capture her. While trying to find a way out, she meets a defective robot that can be controlled remotely. The gameplay consist of switching between the two avatars in order to clear puzzles and progress inside the castle.On Desura.

Proxy Blade - Proxy Blade is my new take on 3D action games, with a touch of dungeon exploration. You will have to think fast to defeat the different enemies of this game. Parrying, using your boost and being creative with your combos are essential tools to your survival. It's a hard game that wants you either stylish or dead.

Rigid Force - Rigid Force Alpha is a classical side-scrolling shooter for Windows currently under development. Battle your way through countless waves of enemies and face gigantic bosses on your mission to save the galaxy! Customize your ship to every extent and master the story mode as well as unique challenge levels and survive the endless continuous mode to compete for the world wide leaderboards.

Hofmann

Proven Lands - Proven Lands is much about exploration, being alone and lost in an unknown sci-fi world without high skills or super powers. Your spaceship did an amazing looking crash and you seems to be the only survivor. Shortly after the crash you experience a harsh and hostile desert environment, and fear, hunger and thirst. Kickstarter and pre-alpha demo in October

Nice to see it coming along nicely.

Here's the another game that may need a bit of your help:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/beyond-eyes

Indie Statik

Beyond Eyes
In Beyond eyes you will guide a young girl named Rae on a search for her lost friend Nani, a huge fat tomcat who has gone missing.

Rae isn't like most other girls. She lost her eyesight in an accident with fireworks when she was just a toddler and the experience left her traumatized. Fearing loud noises and public places, she hardly ever leaves her house, preferring to spend her free time in her special garden where everything smells pleasant and all is nice.

When Nani goes missing Rae becomes worried and very lonely. Because Nani is not really her cat her parents assume that the cat has returned to its rightful owner and tell her to let the matter go.

Taking no comfort in this advice Rae decides to search for Nani herself, leaving the house by herself for the first time.

By exploring the world through touch the world starts showing its shapes and secrets. To progress in the world and find your way it's also important to focus on sound and scents.

As you guide Rae through this unfamiliar world your behavior as player influences the way she feels and behaves. A player who forces her in to dangerous situations finds himself with a scared, distrustful girl who will refuse to do his bidding until he regains her trust. Of course if a player respects Rae's wishes and is careful to keep her from harm, she will open up to him and will trust him in scary situations.

Little Nemo: The Dream Master - A reimagining of the 1990 game Little Nemo: The Dream Master, with an all new story based on the comic strip Little Nemo in Slumberland by Winsor McCay.

Driftbloom - A cute, unique experience in a rolling world side-scroller! Encounter various creatures and challenges in an engaging world.

Spector - Specter is an action-platformer which borrows a lot of our favorite tried-yet-true mechanics from the genre and meshes them, all while adding some new concepts to the mix. The theme of Specter’s gameplay is critical thinking. We want players to constantly be thinking about the most efficient attack to use on a group of enemies, or quickly assessing a simplistic puzzle, before leaping forward in narrow escape of rising lava.

Top Bottom