• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Mother of god. Dat animation.

tenor.gif

Khaz

Every time I see Ajna's sprite and her headband thingy, I see a sweat drop, like she is forever embarrassed for something.

rsz_1rsz_hayate_no_gotoku_2nd_season_-_19_-_large_13_2137.jpg

Can't unsee.

Moonlight

Banned
Came out of the panel a little earlier. As usual, it was incredibly fun, though with the stream now y'all probably don't need me to tell you that. Still really impressed with how far Indivisible has come though. I remember coming last year and being really impressed with how far things had come since the prototype, and seeing how far the team has come since then was pretty remarkable.

Really can't be said enough how great the backgrounds look now. I recall it being one of the main things people criticized about the demo and now they're gorgeous. The painterly textures and all the other tricks they've done to blend the environment really doing work.

Zebei

Gotta say, I really liked old Nuna better. Was one of my favorite designs.

Oh well

Getting to see some of Vasco's animations too in the stream. Nice!

Does Vasco really act like a gunblade user or is it pretty much just gunplay? I love me some gunblades

Datschge

Man, this editing tech is cool.
It really is. Now I want an unlockable Indivisible Maker mode.

Really can't be said enough how great the backgrounds look now. I recall it being one of the main things people criticized about the demo and now they're gorgeous. The painterly textures and all the other tricks they've done to blend the environment really doing work.
Seconded. I expected to be awed by the character animations. I honestly didn't expect to be awed by 2.5D environments that look perfectly painted in stills.

Crocodile

A good panel with a lot of quality information. Game is looking great! I wonder if there is going to be a Youtube upload? Also it was sometimes hard to hear what people were saying (so maybe a Youtube upload from your perspective would help), especially Alex and sometimes Mike. I'll try to see if I can watch the panel again and transcribe some of the most juicy morsels.

As an aside:

D8xBMSw.png

Seems Kampan got a redesign too (but relatively minor). I guess she'll be part of the playable roster tool.

Soulstar

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I love the new design for Nuna soooo much. It's actually one of my favorite designs now but I had no strong feelings for her old design one way or the other so take that for what you will.

Ultimadrago

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I love the new design for Nuna soooo much. It's actually one of my favorite designs now but I had no strong feelings for her old design one way or the other so take that for what you will.

Yeah, while I am not "in love" with Nuna's design per se, I do think it looks like an actual character design compared to the old one. I thought the original one was cute, but was missing a lot of flair compared to the rest of the cast. This is more drastic of a change than I would have expected, but I welcome it.

On another note, I wonder what's up with the purple skin?

Ravidrath

Not a fan of the constant redesigns that are just, well, not nearly as good as the initial designs. This is disappointing...

Nuna, Vasco and arguably Baozhai are the only characters that really changed significantly.

We've got over two dozen characters, the vast majority of which haven't changed much at all.

Blue shadows > Black shadows

In my humble opinion

I agree.

But, more importantly, so would Yoshinari.

I like Nuna's new design better I think. Just like with Vasco though, I thought she'd be on the chopping block.

*obligatory waiting for Kogi & Tatanka comment*

Ultimadrago

Speaking on mechanics, I'm way more excited than I should be that sprinting into a slide continues sprinting. The team's really making an effort to have traversal and crawling not end up plodding as with many other RPGs (even good ones). I suppose one could tell that direction from the prototype, but seeing it polished even more in the panel is encouraging. It makes me more excited to check out nooks and crannies in the Backer Preview.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Not a fan of the constant redesigns that are just, well, not nearly as good as the initial designs. This is disappointing...

Your opinion comes from a good place so this is not me critiquing your thoughts, but you're being allowed a much closer look behind the curtains than 99% of the rest of game development. All games, no exception, go through changes and edits over time, Ive never seen a game keep the original designs from the pitch stage, not once. There are many reasons to do so, feasability being one of them, but also the designer probably likes the new design better for her/his own reasons.

I understand that people get attached to the characters theyre introduced to, but the way I see it the alternative is you dont even get to see them at all until the game is done and ready to market.

Quonny

The Nuna redesign is the only one that I've been disappointed in. All the others have been cool new twists or at the very least sidegrades.

Your opinion comes from a good place so this is not me critiquing your thoughts, but you're being allowed a much closer look behind the curtains than 99% of the rest of game development. All games, no exception, go through changes and edits over time, Ive never seen a game keep the original designs from the pitch stage, not once. There are many reasons to do so, feasability being one of them, but also the designer probably likes the new design better for her/his own reasons.

I understand that people get attached to the characters theyre introduced to, but the way I see it the alternative is you dont even get to see them at all until the game is done and ready to market.

it's just a shame so often. For example, I'm heartbroken that another rpg I backed on Kickstarter, Soul Saga, has had the lead characters go from young/mid teen looking designs to under aged kids.

I'm sure he thinks it fits the story better, and he seems to even be offering people to play the title with the skins of the original designs as a costume, but it doesn't fit the title or cutscenes so there is little point.

I don't know if it's enough to request a refund, but I'm not as hyped about it anymore. To be fair with the creator, he saw a post of mine on GAF ages ago where I complained I wasn't liking the new direction and offered to give me a refund if we went through official channels. So at least he is going the extra mile when technically he owed me nothing.

With Indivisible I haven't really minded any of the redesigns. Particularly since they are for the summons, which I can only assume won't be the focus of the game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

I think it's a different situation for crowd-funded projects though, since arguably, the art direction is what draws a lot of backers (myself included).

It's not the worst or anything, but every time I see a redesign I can't help but be disappointed.

Ultimadrago

I finally got around to the Anime Expo 2017 Sizzle Reel and didn't see anyone bring it up, but it seems Yan is confirmed as well. I'm sure many of us had no doubts of this, but it's nice to see a peek animation for her. Looks good:

yangifd2u21.gif

Some new enemy designs in there too.

NEO0MJ

I think it's a different situation for crowd-funded projects though, since arguably, the art direction is what draws a lot of backers (myself included).

Same as my opinion. Yes games change a lot during development but some of us were sold on the game based on the original designs so we can't help but feel a little cheated.

I finally got around to the Anime Expo 2017 Sizzle Reel and didn't see anyone bring it up, but it seems Yan is confirmed as well. I'm sure many of us had no doubts of this, but it's nice to see a peek animation for her. Looks good

Naruto run!

Frimaire

Seems Kampan got a redesign too (but relatively minor). I guess she'll be part of the playable roster tool.

Aw, nice, I was worried for Kampan, to be honest.
Unless this is just for an npc version or something...
Seems like lots of incarnations are getting in. I just hope Kogi pulls through...

Shin

Banned
Haha I was trying to buy the game last night on PSN, because I saw someone play it on their Sony A1E over at AVSForum.
Didn't realize the game was still in development kept wondering why I couldn't see a price as all I kept seeing was the prototype version (which is very cool btw and a first I believe).
It's on my wishlist for whenever it releases, I totally dig the style you guys got going for your games!

J-Tier

I friggin love Vasco's redesign. In general, I like all of the redesigns.

Though with Nuna, was she redesigned to look more accurate to a certain Native American tribe or something? She was pretty stereotypical "Native girl" before.

Ravidrath

Though with Nuna, was she redesigned to look more accurate to a certain Native American tribe or something? She was pretty stereotypical "Native girl" before.

We felt the original costume was a bit too on-the-nose, and also wanted to give her a stronger silhouette. And in keeping with her three sisters theme, we gave her a squash-like shape to her hair.

Ravidrath

I've said it before, but commissioning awesome game music from the likes of Yamane and Kikuta might be my favorite part of my job.

And I've got a ton of awesome stuff banked for the future as we reveal more levels, etc.

Like, the battle theme in the AX2017 sizzle reel and another battle theme I can listen to looped all day, pretty much.

Top Bottom