• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

I'm seeing a lot of caremad from people pissed off that the Skullgirls animators removed a few frames of panty shots when they made their final edits (in April, along with many other frames/edits to improve quality), which earns my derision. At the same time I'm worried that Lab Zero has alienated their "core" audience of waifu-collectors (muh panties! where the boob????) while failing to pick up the tumblr suh-juh-wuh skeleton crowd (THEY MADE SKULLGIRLS!!! IDEOLOGICALLY IMPURE!!!) who should be all over Indivisible for having a brown protagonist.

Not a criticism, just a sad observation in this age of deceptive concern trolling over "artistic integrity" and howling for perfection when it's the enemy of the good.

Gbraga

I'm seeing a lot of caremad from people pissed off that the Skullgirls animators removed a few frames of panty shots when they made their final edits (in April, along with many other frames/edits to improve quality), which earns my derision. At the same time I'm worried that Lab Zero has alienated their "core" audience of waifu-collectors (muh panties! where the boob????) while failing to pick up the tumblr suh-juh-wuh skeleton crowd (THEY MADE SKULLGIRLS!!! IDEOLOGICALLY IMPURE!!!) who should be all over this for having a brown protagonist.

Not a criticism, just a sad observation in this age of deceptive concern trolling over "artistic integrity" and howling for perfection when it's the enemy of the good.

ii58AE8.gif

Sorry if I'm missing some ongoing discussion, but I have no idea of what you're talking about

Golnei

Sorry if I'm missing some ongoing discussion, but I have no idea of what you're talking about

I think they're saying that Indivisible's problems with reaching its funding goal might stem from alienating the core Skullgirls fans, while being unable to attract a new audience of sufficient size - which is only made worse by it being an uphill battle to get groups who might be lured in with promises of 'diversity' and 'representation' to even take a second look at anything from the developers of Skullgirls.

Gbraga

I think they're saying that Indivisible's problems with reaching its funding goal might stem from alienating the core Skullgirls fans, while being unable to attract a new audience of sufficient size - which is only made worse by it being an uphill battle to get groups who might be lured in with promises of 'diversity' and 'representation' to even take a second look at anything from the developers of Skullgirls.

Well, to me it just seems like dumb people being dumb, and I'd like to think that it doesn't represent a majority in any of the groups.

Well, to me it just seems like dumb people being dumb, and I'd like to think that it doesn't represent a majority in any of the groups.

It may be them being "dumb" but to them it's what makes or breaks them opening the wallet for the funds they desperately need right now.

Back on topic I upgraded my pledge to $60 from the $30. Wish everyone could double their pledge but I know its not always possible. Gotta save a bit of money for Xmas gifts for the family. Sorry we can't contribute more LZ.

UCBooties

Finally got paid so I'm in this for $60. I'm hoping a lot of people were in the same boat and there will be a pick up in pledges today.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
It's kind of not good to have the whole thread just turn into an echo chamber of how much we all like the game. If you have complaints, let em out.

Word. I, for one, enjoyed the protoype (PS4, US version)- it seemed more rich IMHO than most complete demos.

However, I was a little bothered by the movement. On the one hand, I like the solidity and weight that it feels like Ajna has, but on the other hand, it seemed like some platforming required needlessly precise timing. I also don't quite get the logic behind her ability to pull herself up on the hilt of an axe while being unable to grab ledges or mantle. I mean, if Ajna has the upper body strength for one, she should have it for the other. Keeping climbing until I had the axe seemed more like gatekeeping than gameplay.

DrArchon

Late to the party here, but that Pirate captain incarnation is sick as hell. She's got a shoulder cannon and a harpoon that's tied to her waist so she never loses it, so I'm calling now that her super move is launching the harpoon with the cannon and she get's pulled along so she can follow up with a sick drop kick or something.

In a couple of days I'll definitely up my $30 pledge to something more along the lines of $60, maybe $75.

Malajax

Finally backed. In for $30, might up my pledge next week too if we're not there yet.

Still haven't played the prototype, but everything I've seen makes me think this will be amazing. Plus, Skullgirls is one of my favorites. Willing to help LabZero any way I can

NotMSRP

Expanding on my previous idea for a LRG physical release for Skullgirls now that there is--I assume--a final final version of the game, have all versions on the PS4 disc and best fit on Vita via bootup loader instead of in-game toggle. Easier, cheaper to do that way. It is like having all versions of Street Fighter II on disc. The gameplay is different in each one. My wallet would be ready for that.

DrArchon

Oh man, it's so weird to see Juan so... rounded. Almost off-putting honestly.

He better have a bunch of grapples for most of his moves. I remember hearing Mike Z say that he wanted to make a grappler incarnation and I'd love to see one in action.

UCBooties

Did my part to signal boost to my few twitter followers and facebook friends. Will try to talk this up tomorrow when I'm selling people their copies of COD.

Samemind

I had to wait a bit just to make sure of a few things, but I've finally plunked down some moolah for that sweet looking statue. I believe in you guys!

All of these guest characters coming in are pretty unique so it'll be interesting to see how they'll be incorporated. Annie in particular has just as much potential as the others to surprise us, though. I'm looking forward to seeing what the team has in store for us with her. We haven't seen any final art for her super form whatsoever (even in Skullgirls where she was a big part of Beowulf's story), but this might be as good a time as any to wow everyone. Not gonna get my hopes up too much, though.

Drifter alone in Lab Zero style would be pretty huge for me. :p
Oh man, it's so weird to see Juan so... rounded. Almost off-putting honestly.

He better have a bunch of grapples for most of his moves. I remember hearing Mike Z say that he wanted to make a grappler incarnation and I'd love to see one in action.
I actually like it. The original sharp style for Guacamelee threw me off. Honestly, Lab Zero choosing all of these indies is either putting these games on the map for me or convincing me to actually go back and give them a real try. I only see positive stuff when I see Guacamelee so I'm expecting to have a great time with it.

Blues1990

I actually like it. The original sharp style for Guacamelee threw me off. Honestly, Lab Zero choosing all of these indies is either putting these games on the map for me or convincing me to actually go back and give them a real try. I only see positive stuff when I see Guacamelee so I'm expecting to have a great time with it.

It's a great game, and such a fulfilling one, at that. I was able to pick up Guacamelee during an eShop sale, and it's definitely worth getting it at full price.

dgamer

Banned
please tell me lab zero has a back up for if indie go go does not fund. this game deserves to be made and it is gonna break my heart if all we will get is a prototype that will never be. i will admit part of my reservations for funding it was it not being on kick starter and not having heard good things about indiegogo.

I'm seeing a lot of caremad from people pissed off that the Skullgirls animators removed a few frames of panty shots when they made their final edits (in April, along with many other frames/edits to improve quality), which earns my derision. At the same time I'm worried that Lab Zero has alienated their "core" audience of waifu-collectors (muh panties! where the boob????) while failing to pick up the tumblr suh-juh-wuh skeleton crowd (THEY MADE SKULLGIRLS!!! IDEOLOGICALLY IMPURE!!!) who should be all over Indivisible for having a brown protagonist.

HPIWQPz.jpg

Zero3K

please tell me lab zero has a back up for if indie go go does not fund. this game deserves to be made and it is gonna break my heart if all we will get is a prototype that will never be. i will admit part of my reservations for funding it was it not being on kick starter and not having heard good things about indiegogo.

If there was a backup, it would've already been mentioned. So, it looks like we should start paying our respects to this game (unless it gets 200k in donations tomorrow and 100k every day until the campaign ends).

So conflicted about this. I want it to succeed, but I've been burned way too many times from prior crowdfunding projects to commit to it myself. This is probably the 3rd recent project I wanted to back and probably won't. The other two were funded already, but this one looks like it's got a long way to go in the next 10 days.

1edfd0fbe2.png

A small drop in a big bucket, for whatever it's worth. I wanted to back projects like this, but I'm being worn down by setting myself up for disappointment from the bulk of the projects I've backed, so it's not an easy thing for me to do anymore. It's not even a budget thing, I just don't want to keep getting my hopes up in vain that every project will be fine, when most leave me feeling taken advantage of. Guess we have to gamble for games that dare to be different.

kn1ves24

I backed at the $60 dollar level. The prototype really pushed me over the edge. Its a nice twist on the ARPG/RPG formula. Really hoping it gets funded, one of the few crowd funded games that I think is worth the risk.

Wait, are guest characters going to be voiced too? Will I be able to hear Shovel Knight say things like ''Steel thy shovel!'' or attempt to tell jokes?

Salbug

Finally got around to playing the prototype. Was exactly what I was expecting it to be, and the full game will definitely be getting a purchase out of me. I wish I still had access to Valkyrie Profile. :T

Ravidrath

Wait, are guest characters going to be voiced too? Will I be able to hear Shovel Knight say things like ''Steel thy shovel!'' or attempt to tell jokes?

I don't think we're going to voice characters that don't have voices in their own game.

For Shovel Knight, we were thinking about treating him a bit like a silent protagonist like Crono - he nods and doesn't "say" everything, but everyone acts like he did.

Crocodile

QQ @ Ravidrath

When exactly is the campaign ending? Is it the morning of November 16th? I'm just a bit worried if the final three days are over a weekend with the finish time in the morning. Weekends tend to be a bit slower than normal and ending in the morning means fewer people will be awake/free in the US (where most backers live) to do last minute pledges or upgrades. Monday evening would be much better. Then again, I probably don't have the general crowdfunding data you do nor is it something you can change at this time I guess?

On a side note, you did lose a few hours of PayPal pledges when they fucked with your account for a bit. Is that time that IGG can reimburse you for? Sure its only a few hours but I'd imagine something is better than nothing.

I don't think we're going to voice characters that don't have voices in their own game.

For Shovel Knight, we were thinking about treating him a bit like a silent protagonist like Crono - he nods and doesn't "say" everything, but everyone acts like he did.

That sounds like a fantastic recipe for some amusing bits. I'm fine with Shovel Knight being voiceless, since that gives me something to look forward to in Super Shovel Knight or Shovel Knight 64.

The guest characters look great, so far, and I can't wait to see the rest in that animation style. My mind keeps taking the concept further and putting in other notable indie game characters. It's a testament to how much I love Lab Zero's artists that I want to see their take on pretty much every character I like.

Blues1990

I've decided to chip in $75 for the cause. Chump change from what others have donated, but you guys create some awesome content, and I always wanted to work for your studio on a project.

NEO0MJ

So close to the 50% mark. Hopefully that would encourage more to chip in.

That would be kinda strange, considering he does talk in his game. Going silent all of a sudden would feel off.

Top Bottom