• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

AnGer

I hope we can get the extension. An extra 20 days would help a lot. If that happens that means this campaign has been going for two months!

What would be standing in the way of getting an extension of the campaign?

Also, put down some of my money for this campaign. I can raise later and choose a different perk if I so wish, can I?

If the campaign goes after my payday, I can throw $100 or so in... So it is good if it is extended.

Honestly I think this campaign's gonna make it - the deadline is going to remind people.

If today's numbers are anything like yesterday's this will be the best weekend yet for this campaign. It's a very good sign for the coming weekdays. Soon we're going to need the number of daily contributors to triple if we want to win this. Can't wait for the next guest incarnation.
New Incarnation! His name is Antoine.
Lots of green on him.
Yay, a new character! He seems interesting with the political background.
Yeah, it seems like we're going to get a really comprehensive look at the antagonist group between all the incarnations involved. Vasco is a mercenary, Antoine is part of the political elite and George is soldier through and through.
He looks regal as hell, and I mean that as a compliment. I like that there are some tamer character designs in addition to the more outlandish or eye-popping ones. It makes for a nice juxtaposition when looking at the cast.
I think he'll fit very nicely with George in terms of personality and aesthetic.
The post you're quoting mentions crowdcharts
Thanks for noticing that.

dude

dude
Are there plans for some party banter or social elements/personal quests? All the incarnations seem so interesting that I hope we get some quality time with them.

NEO0MJ

Are there plans for some party banter or social elements/personal quests? All the incarnations seem so interesting that I hope we get some quality time with them.

Apparently each one will have at least one quest dedicated to them.

This is just a small anecdote, but my friend and his wife recently tried out the prototype and both seemed to really enjoy it. It wasn't too surprising for my friend as he's a pretty heavy gamer and a VP fan, but his wife doesn't play much beyond a few mobile titles occasionally. She said what she really liked was the platforming and that the lead character was female. He said he was impressed by the level of polish, the fluid animations, and the unique character designs.

Now they're $100 contributors. I asked if I could share a bit of their experience with the prototype on here and they gave the go-ahead, so here's some additional thumbs-up for seeing this thing funded!

Ravidrath

This is just a small anecdote, but my friend and his wife recently tried out the prototype and both seemed to really enjoy it. It wasn't too surprising for my friend as he's a pretty heavy gamer and a VP fan, but his wife doesn't play much beyond a few mobile titles occasionally. She said what she really liked was the platforming and that the lead character was female. He said he was impressed by the level of polish, the fluid animations, and the unique character designs.

Now they're $100 contributors. I asked if I could share a bit of their experience with the prototype on here and they gave the go-ahead, so here's some additional thumbs-up for seeing this thing funded!

Thanks for sharing!

Love stories like this.

poncle

Skipped several new game releases last month, so managed to contribute with $500. That's almost twice as much as I've trusted Bloodstained with.

Really hope the guys from Lab Zero will be able to work on the game without any further struggle.

Kensuke

Yeah, 150k in six days doesn't seem too out there.

No, they need to get that 150k 72 hours before the deadline. That means they'll have to average almost 50k in the next 3 days. That's a lot considering the average is around 30k.

It's going to be tough. I'm really hoping the EU demo can bring the magic.

Crocodile

Technically, the policy is that it has to hit 60% with at least 72 hours left to qualify. I imagine the process isn't automated though and that there is some leeway. IGG also rounds its percents up so they can be 5-10k short and still hit 60%. That being said, and this goes back to this process not being automated, if like they are say 50k short and IGG denies them an extension and the crowdfunding fails, irregardless as to what happens to Lab Zero (crosses fingers for nothing bad) it reflects badly on IGG. I think we can all agree at least one factor why this isn't funded yet is because of IGG and its ease of use/reputation (regardless of how well founded those concerns are). If a project like this, with as much good will and support from other developers, fails then I don't think any major videogaming project can succeed on IGG without massive changes on IGG's part. If IGG wants to attract more and bigger videogaming projects to its site, its REALLY in their best interest for this to succeed. If LZ is within even sniffing room of that 60%, IGG should bend backwards to accommodate you guys.

Anyway, now its time for the reveal of the
Bionic Commando/Fullmetal Alchemist Girl
<3

Has IGG even put any marketing effort into this, as stated in terms of this being their biggest video game campaign yet?

Not that I can see and its super frustrating (and seems to be a question Ravidrath can't answer right now - maybe because of an NDA?)

AdaWong

Do we really need to worry about that 60% policy when Indeigogo is supposedly "partners" (or whatever partnership they have) with LZ?

Lime

Has IGG even put any marketing effort into this, as stated in terms of this being their biggest video game campaign yet?

Socky

I just wanted to say I really liked the demo - and it's not typically my bag - but not only that, my 7 yo daughter also loves and plays it (I think the female avatar & character designs really swung it for her), although I imagine she (and I!) will probably struggle with the combat as things get tougher. I hope there's some kind of 'easy' mode for young uns/ham-fisted-but-enthusiastic amateurs.

Regardless I backed it - hope EU players (I'm on, but I got it via US account) provide a good boost andthe game can make it's goal.

Shahed

We in the EU don't get it for another 2 days I believe. I wish you could stack rewards. Would back again and give the copy fo the game to someone else. But you can't unless you create another account. Annoyed me when backing Shenmue on Kickstarter. Should be able to have multiple tiers and even repeat Tier's

I just wanted to say I really liked the demo - and it's not typically my bag - but not only that, my 7 yo daughter also loves and plays it (I think the female avatar & character designs really swung it for her), although I imagine she (and I!) will probably struggle with the combat as things get tougher. I hope there's some kind of 'easy' mode for young uns/ham-fisted-but-enthusiastic amateurs.

Regardless I backed it - hope EU players (I'm on, but I got it via US account) provide a good boost andthe game can make it's goal.
Easy mode should definitely be a thing and it should allow people to block (and take half damage) even when they don't have Iddhi meter. Almost all the streamers/YT vids show grown men not understanding that the ability to block is tied to Iddhi meter. Younger kids are going to need an easy mode. Decreasing enemy health should also be a thing in that mode.

I actually asked this question during the AMA, and another user answered that they saw it in the suggestion emails that Indiegogo sends out on their mailing list. So that's something, I guess? No one else had any sort of example to give.

UCBooties

I'm glad this hit the halfway mark. I'm talking it up whenever I can but I don't really know people willing to do crowdfunding unfortunately.

Fingers crossed!

Well, today was not such a great day... Worst of the past 5 days in fact. That 900K is looking pretty far right now; we would need to get more than twice what we got today for 3 days straight to reach it. :\

I just upped my pledge to the $175 tier. I'd invite anyone who might consider upping their pledge as well to do so sooner rather than later (if you have the means of course, don't put yourself in financial difficulty over a game) so that we can possibly reach that 60% mark within the next 3 days for the campaign extension.

I really, really want this to succeed. :(

Skipped several new game releases last month, so managed to contribute with $500. That's almost twice as much as I've trusted Bloodstained with.

You, sir or madam, are a hero.

Ravidrath

Really hope the guys from Lab Zero will be able to work on the game without any further struggle.

Wow, thanks so much!

Well, today was not such a great day... Worst of the past 5 days in fact.

Weekends are typically much slower for crowdfunding, so I actually feel like the drop today was less that I would've expected.

Weekends are typically much slower for crowdfunding, so I actually feel like the drop today was less that I would've expected.

Hmm, maybe you're right, though Saturday was pretty decent. Hopefully things pick up for Monday then - it's at least off to a good start, with someone backing for $3K about an hour ago.

Ravidrath

Hmm, maybe you're right, though Saturday was pretty decent. Hopefully things pick up for Monday then - it's at least off to a good start, with someone backing for $3K about an hour ago.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how good Saturday was.

And with the prototype hitting EU PSN on Tuesday, I think we could see another bump there, too.

Well, today was not such a great day... Worst of the past 5 days in fact. That 900K is looking pretty far right now; we would need to get more than twice what we got today for 3 days straight to reach it. :\

I just upped my pledge to the $175 tier. I'd invite anyone who might consider upping their pledge as well to do so sooner rather than later (if you have the means of course, don't put yourself in financial difficulty over a game) so that we can possibly reach that 60% mark within the next 3 days for the campaign extension.
1447022739592_zpst4zrwmpc.png

So far today has brought in $23.6k in fourteen hours. This is likely the best Sunday this campaign has had and we're still ten hours away from a full day. We're still okay.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Played the demo on PS4 (even though I had already watched HB play it on PC a while ago and that was enough to convince us to back ^^), liked/rated it, and plugged it to the Communities I joined (including GAF's). Least I could do, I guess.

Come ooooon

Have you guys talked at all about:
1) Whether the goal is to level up and lose einherjar (sp?) like in VP?
2) What might prevent combat from becoming repetitive after optimal team attack orders are found?

@MUWANdo

Banned

Outside of Indiegogo itself? Jack shit.

I don't want to come off as an apologist for IGG--I have no idea what they have or haven't done for the campaign and whether it matches up to the stated implied commitments they gave to LZ--but it's entirely possible that they have and are making an effort to get coverage with influential people only to get snubbed because they're IGG and people have simply tuned out.

This is what Ravi said about this during the Reddit AMA, by the way:

Ravidrath said:
This is kind of difficult to address, but I would say that we expected much more when it came to PR and advertising than they've delivered thus far.

However, their campaign support has been very helpful in letting us do things that are usually blocked once a campaign is in progress, such as changing the title, upping limited tiers after they sell out, etc.

2) What might prevent combat from becoming repetitive after optimal team attack orders are found?

For number 2 I was worried about this too, but I think the dynamic atb gages will often force players to adapt to who has a turn and who doesn't. Also Mike Z mentioned on a podcast he wanted to add more fighting game mechanics like throws. This could even extend to a counter hit system in the full game.

Ravidrath

Zahra

From the moment she received her first oud as a child, everyone knew Zahra was destined for greatness. As she grew older, her fame in the region also grew, and stories of her music inspiring heroes in battle, entrancing wild beasts, and even helping a barren woman to conceive, began to spread.

The leader of a nearby tribe caught wind of this and sought to use her skills to his own advantage. Thinking he could use her music to inspire his warriors to victory, he kidnapped her and pressed her into service. But Zahra's sullen song on the eve of battle affected him so deeply that he negotiated peace with his rivals that very night.

She now wanders the land, going where her heart takes her, hoping to spread joy to all through song.

1) Not going to make you lose Incarnations. We want players to get to play how they want to play as much as possible, and forcing people to give up party members was just about our least favorite things in Valkyrie Profile.

2) I mean, I think we haven't done our jobs if every encounter can be optimally beaten with a single team by the end of the game?

But in keeping with "letting people play how they want to," I'm not sure this is really a problem? A lot of people LIKE doing the optimal thing over and over in an RPG once they figure it out, after all.

There will be story quests that require you use certain characters, though, so I think there will be a certain amount of forced churn / experimentation from that.

Zahra

From the moment she received her first oud as a child, everyone knew Zahra was destined for greatness. As she grew older, her fame in the region also grew, and stories of her music inspiring heroes in battle, entrancing wild beasts, and even helping a barren woman to conceive, began to spread.

The leader of a nearby tribe caught wind of this and sought to use her skills to his own advantage. Thinking he could use her music to inspire his warriors to victory, he kidnapped her and pressed her into service. But Zahra's sullen song on the eve of battle affected him so deeply that he negotiated peace with his rivals that very night.

She now wanders the land, going where her heart takes her, hoping to spread joy to all through song.

1) Not going to make you lose Incarnations. We want players to get to play how they want to play as much as possible, and forcing people to give up party members was just about our least favorite things in Valkyrie Profile.

2) I mean, I think we haven't done our jobs if every encounter can be optimally beaten with a single team by the end of the game?

But in keeping with "letting people play how they want to," I'm not sure this is really a problem? A lot of people LIKE doing the optimal thing over and over in an RPG once they figure it out, after all.

There will be story quests that require you use certain characters, though, so I think there will be a certain amount of forced churn / experimentation from that.
She looks great.

Re: repetition, I mean that in most RPGs, you are making a lot of decisions each round. Damage vs. Healing, positions, spells, etc. In VP, you pretty much spam the same chain attack ad infinitum with no thought at all, because there are no other options. Even if the boss has insane attacks, you just do your best to plow through it in VP. There is no strategy. How will Indivisible address this issue?

Top Bottom