• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous Demo Impressions

mintylurb

Lion Heart said:
Man I hate early demos. Im trying not to play til the full game but its such a long wait (or it feels that way). MUST. NOT. PLAY...Fuck, one more time.
Ahh shucks..You should've waited for Prototype.. ;<<

Loudninja

IGN Infamous will be posted tomorrow

May 11, 2009 - In December, I played Infamous for the first time. In my preview, I said that it was awesome and that I'd stake my reputation on the fact that the final product was going to be awesome as well.

Tomorrow, you get to see if my reputation is worth anything. That's right, Tuesday, May 12th at 9:00 a.m. PST, IGN's review of Infamous is going up

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/981/981734p1.html

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Loudninja said:
Hell yea, got the day off too. Can't wait to read the text. This game is the real deal.

And you forgot to post this too....

IGN said:
Want even more good news? Not only will you get the written review of Sucker Punch's latest title tomorrow, but you'll also get a video review, superpower montage movie, screens, a handful of videos and some Masterbit love for Insiders. So, the months and months of waiting are about to come to a close. Tomorrow, you'll know all you need to know about the electricity-wielding hero known as Cole and his quest to save (or destroy, depending on how you play) Empire City.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Loudninja said:
You know the game is going to score well now :lol
*Cancels pre-order and sells PS3 for hookers, ramen, and cereal*

Keikoku said:
Don't we need an official thread now ?
It would be nice. Who's working on it?

And having played just the demo, it should score well. Not taking the review with a grain of salt as the small portion of the game has already resonated well enough for me.

my guess is IGN will give it 9 or better. The guys reviewing has been in love with the game for a pretty long time now. At least I think its the same guys who will be reviewing it.

KZObsessed

LiquidMetal14 said:

And having played just the demo, it should score well. Not taking the review with a grain of salt as the small portion of the game has already resonated well enough for me.

CHRP718 is making it and kitton is posting it for him, because he's banned. :p

I think Greg Miller will give it a 9.0.

He's thought it was "awesome" from the beginning and Sucker Punch will deliver.

Bearillusion said:
Score predictions.

IGN 9.0

Other than the Graphical issues everything will get top marks.

1up: A+
Gamespot: Won't have the review until the game is out lol [or will that be 1up?!] But I'll just go with 9.2
G4TV: 4 out of 5

thaOwner

LiquidMetal14 said:

I hear the kittonwy is got dibs on this one. It might be going up later on today.

James-Ape

show some balls, man
Isn't IGN hosting the game's site also? That pretty much guarantees that we can expect a fair and unbiased review :)

I enjoyed the demo. Hopefully the full game holds up.

spwolf

James-Ape said:
Isn't IGN hosting the game's site also? That pretty much guarantees that we can expect a fair and unbiased review :)

you enjoyed the demo, so shouldnt it get good score?

James-Ape said:

Not really, it's just a more full featured version of their typical countdown stuff they do for high profile games.

JoJo13

Banned
The game is easily a 9.0+ based on the demo. I just can't think of another sandbox game that has better controls and mechanics. I have a feeling that the game will probably be the best single player experience for this half of the start of the year (even better than KZ2, which I loved). Definitely a sleeper hit. Hopefully word of mouth is good to this game and to sucker punch.

IGN: 9.5
1up: A- or A
GameSpot: 9.0
G4TV: 5/5

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
womfalcs3 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/11/infamous-your-questions-answered-1/

Such an awesome guy. :lol

Great BS answer to the selective capitalization question. :lol

from that page..

remanutd5 | May 11th, 2009 at 5:05 pm

superb interview as always Jeff , i have played the inFAMOUS demo like 4 times already , i think inFAMOUS will be one of the best games on the ps3 this year , i really like that you guys put more content on pulse too, i like all the video interviews you guys do all the time and Jeff UNITED is in the final as i told you lol

Jeff Rubenstein replied on May 11, 2009 at 5:26 pm

JEF United? :-D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JEF_United_Ichihara_Chiba

Yes, you were correct. Arsenal is playing their worst football in a decade right now. That Chelsea match was embarrassing

:lol :lol poor Gunners fans

Nightz

I still haven't beaten the game, but I would easily give it a 9. I would estimate I'm at about 15 hours of play, and the game says I'm 61% complete.

I'm on the last island, and though some of the side missions repeat, I'm still seeing some that I haven't seen before. Things are a bit more difficult as well since the enemies are tougher. I actually just went through a choice within the game that got me to turn off my PS3 so I could redo the section after realizing that I had made the wrong decision.
Only to find out that the person dies either way. Poor girl.
I'm definitely into the story...it does a good job of making you hate the bad guy. :lol

comrade

I love this trophy:
Oh, You've Done This Before
Take down 50 enemies by sticking them with a grenade.
Total Halo homage.

DestinRL

I only played a few seconds of the demo (had to do work) but I thought it was decent. I can't really say either way until I get more time to have fun, aka kill people.

DestinRL said:
I only played a few seconds of the demo (had to do work) but I thought it was decent. I can't really say either way until I get more time to have fun, aka kill people.

Eh, Texans.

womfalcs3 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/11/infamous-your-questions-answered-1/

Such an awesome guy. :lol

Great BS answer to the selective capitalization question. :lol

I've said it before and I will gladly say it again, the quality of the in engine cutscenes are absolutely atrocious.

Nightz said:
I still haven't beaten the game, but I would easily give it a 9. I would estimate I'm at about 15 hours of play, and the game says I'm 61% complete.

Do the environments change in any significant way? I mean, it's a city environment so there are obvious limitations, but are there any parts of the city that are particularly unique? And do each island have a unique identity (as in, say, Crackdown)?

Loudninja

AltogetherAndrews said:
Do the environments change in any significant way? I mean, it's a city environment so there are obvious limitations, but are there any parts of the city that are particularly unique? And do each island have a unique identity (as in, say, Crackdown)?

Well there are the sewers :p

Loudninja said:
Well there are the sewers :p

Yeah, but I figured more in terms of landmarks, unique cultural themes, and so forth. I always loved this about Sly, and it'd be a shame if they ditched it in order to maintain boring plausibility.

alba

Little is the new Big
Really nice interview on the PSblog, guy's great :) I can't wait to get the game damnit, I wish I could be playing it now :( Lucky nightz!

Loudninja

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yeah, but I figured more in terms of landmarks, unique cultural themes, and so forth. I always loved this about Sly, and it'd be a shame if they ditched it in order to maintain boring plausibility.

Yeah I know what you mean, hopefully we get something like that.

Nightz

AltogetherAndrews said:
Honestly nothing has really stood out to me, but then again I'm not one who really pays attention to that kind of stuff. IMO there are only slight differences. Besides the enemies that you face, here are some landmarks and locations on each island that identify which one you're on, but nothing too drastic. The whole place was hit by an explosion, so you can't really create unique environments. :\

I've been playing on the third island today and what stands out to me is how dark it is. It's definitely a lot more destroyed than the other two and I've seen some of the tallest buildings in the game on it. I'm actually enjoying this island, but it does give a creepy kind of vibe.

AltogetherAndrews said:

Hmmm.

I can see the validity in this point of view.

AKS

I don't know about IGN. They have been known to focus reviews on minor technical issues and seemingly forget about the rest of the game. Other times they don't seem to care. A really high score isn't guaranteed if they do something like that again.

When is the official thread coming up? I know its tonight at some point, but what time? Its 2 in NYC :-/

This game snuck up on me... I didnt expect to be anticipating this so badly... but the previews and the demo really bowled me over!

Spent some more time just playing around with blowing shit up between missions, and the lighting really stands out as a genuine graphical strength of this game. I hope the majority of the game takes place during the night.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
iamcool388 said:
When is the official thread coming up? I know its tonight at some point, but what time? Its 2 in NYC :-/
It doesn't go up until a week before the game comes out. The only thing that's coming soon is the IGN review at noon.

Top Bottom