• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous Second Son - Behind the Scenes - Smoke & Mirrors

Spinluck

This is early alpha. You can go anywhere you can look. On a training island. When it launches it'll be on a play space the size of 270 km2.

I won't flood the thread with pics or gifs. But ARMA 3, Crysis 3 both look better than SS. Check out the PC screenshots thread, you'll see them. SS is all about gameplay for me.

Even still, better is subjective anyways. So it really doesn't matter. If you think that it is great, that's all that matters. I'm more concerned/excited with the gameplay. If they just keep building on what they've already established with the previous games, it should make for an amazing game.

I completely agree with you. I never meant to imply that I think it looks awful if that is how I came across. Just that I don't think it's the graphical powerhouse some make it out to be. The fact that it's open world and looks like this is great.

Dude there's no doubt those games look better. But there will always be people on consoles who will be impressed with what devs can do on limited hardware.

It's not about being better looking. But how they work around the drawbacks to deliver compelling top of the line looking games. SS is impressive for what it is, a PS4 launch title. Remember, some people will be playing an open world game with visuals this good for the first time. Not to mention it has a nice artstyle.

Btw, Arma 3's open worldness looks pretty impressive. The visuals are boring though.

pushBAK

This shot is amazing.

i9TzHQM.jpg

velociraptor

I was blown away by the E3 gameplay footage.

But upon closer inspection, Second Son does not look so hot anymore.

Low resolution textures everywhere!

:(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why can't this be a launch title, I like Killzone but THIS plus Killzone, oh man.

It's only going to be a few months after launch. It was smart to keep this until early next year. KZ and SS will compete for each other's sales more than DC, Knack, and KZ (especially now that there's the PS+ edition of DC). Being an open world game, it could probably use a couple extra months of polish as well.

It's only going to be a few months after launch. It was smart to keep this until early next year. KZ and SS will compete for each other's sales more than DC, Knack, and KZ (especially now that there's the PS+ edition of DC). Being an open world game, it could probably use a couple extra months of polish as well.

I agree that those few months for polish will do wonders but this is a true system seller for me so far.

Killzone is enough for me to buy PS4 early but this would've been a no brainer, inFamous was one of the better new IPs this gen.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm skipping PS4 launch because this game is skipping launch. So far I've enjoyed everything they've shows, as fr as abilities and mechanics go.

Top Bottom