• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous Second Son releasing on Feb 7th, 2014? + Bundle

Jachaos

I dislike the US format myself. It's not just Euros using the Day>Month>Year format, Canadians do too (at least in Québec) or sometimes Year>Month>Day. Either way it makes no sense for me to see Day in the middle.

Mario007

Not sure what the excitement is over this bundle. It's the console plus the game, at what, a $10 discount? I'd be far more interested if it had something special about it, like a unique deco on the console or DS4 or whatever. Or maybe a larger hard drive. As it is, I can't see getting excited over a presumed $10 discount.
Infamous Second Son looks to be a system seller plus it looks like this is a Limited Edition of Infamous + Console. So a bigger discount.

Irish

I'm liking that potential release date.

Why I like the US date system:

1-12/1-31/1-2013, Smallest number range to largest.

It's also why we like our twelve hour clocks over here as well. We tend to prefer the smaller number in front most of the time.

Cyberia

3HgMGit.png

Blinck

Come on guys ... Day / Month / Year is much more logic.
It's incremental and logical, not silly! :D

I will probably buy this bundle, by the way :)

KiDdYoNe

I think SP scared by that date too so they will say it's 2/7/14 :D

Anyway, getting my wallet ready for February... aaaand a vacation too! Great news :)

I rather have the most important number in the date first so that I get the most info first. A day is too random to be useful alone, a year is too big a unit most of the time you know what year something is in. The month is the most important part of a date, it should be first.

Think about it, if I were to tell you you can have only one number of the Infamous release date, either a day, a month or a year all of you would pick month cause the other two are useless alone. Month should be first.

Zukuu

Banned
I rather have the most important number in the date first so that I get the most info first. A day is too random to be useful alone, a year is too big a unit most of the time you know what year something is in. The month is the most important part of a date, it should be first.

Think about it, if I were to tell you you can have only one number of the Infamous release date, either a day, a month or a year all of you would pick month cause the other two are useless alone. Month should be first.

so you know which year you're in but not the month. "okay"

Given the reception of the launch titles, they need to give this one all the time it needs. If it releases closer to March than Feb first, I don't mind.

kaiyo

"What's the date today?"

The 13 of November or November 13.

I'm gonna go with the second one. It sounds better.

As for 4th of July that's pretty much the exception, it's more of a nickname of the holiday. Even then, if you ask people on the 4th what day it is, they'll say July 4th not 4th of July ;).

Who actually says the month when some one ask "What's the date today?"
"Today's the 13th" [of November]

Edit: I personally like Y/M/D

Is this déjà vu? Have we really gotten wrapped up in this date format argument AGAIN?

It's done differently in different places. We're accustomed to what we're used to so that's the way we'll prefer it. The end.

Can we please try to stay on topic?

Prologue

Sounds like we might get a trailer tomorrow. We know that infamous coming out in Feb at least. I canceled my preorder and will wait until that comes out to pick up KZ and Knack.

Jawmuncher

Oh man if this hit's the US I would preorder asap.
I cancelled my Launch Preorder to wait for something a little better and this would be it so long as the price cut gave some sort of deal.

It's a good time-slot for it.

Sony needs to get their major first-quarter exclusive out before Titan Fall hits and takes all the attention.

Amused

This thread is great. It is especially funny to see people wierded out by something they spell out in english and projecting this onto different languages... :D

Top Bottom