• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

Shin-Ra

^nice glitch.

13929663874_4ba9a98f19_o.jpg

Eldren

May have gone overboard on the depth of focus here...

i92TmNVGALrmz.jpg

For the person who wanted more video power:

ibglKT8PUVhdot.jpg

About to start this week's Paper Trail. Hi Celia!

iRcrmszPA592Z.jpg

This game genuinly impresses me, I think this is the first new gen game that doesn't in some way look like an incremental step up or still has a bunch of old gen looking assets

Asked this before but never got an answer, is there a dynamic day and night cycle? or just seperate maps seperated by loading screens/cutscenes for the different times of day I see in these screenshots (like can you stand around long enough for it to become night and then day again like in gta games)

It looks really really impressive for an open world game.

This game genuinly impresses me, I think this is the first new gen game that doesn't in some way look like an incremental step up or still has a bunch of old gen looking assets

Asked this before but never got an answer, is there a dynamic day and night cycle? or just seperate maps seperated by loading screens/cutscenes for the different times of day I see in these screenshots (like can you stand around long enough for it to become night and then day again like in gta games)

No actual cycle so you couldn't just stand in one place and watch the day change. The story mode uses time of day to emphasise different powers. Like when you first get Neon it's dark to show off the trails etc.

viveks86

There is no cycle, but you can change/choose a time of day preset once you beat the game, regardless of where you are. During the main story, changes to time of day happen between cutscenes.

teiresias

I couldn't figure out how to get full resolution images by sharing them to twitter. Maybe facebook? I'd rather not setup a "fake" PSN account just to do the Playstation App trick.

Anyway, started playing with this tonight, the only drawback is that certain particle effects (usually "power" particles that are emanating from Delsin) aren't affected by the DOF effect.

I like it when I get lucky and catch it on a frame of animation I'd never really noticed before.

In any event, here are my three tonight:

iObLGie.jpg

eszYGNo.jpg

qk1ZkzV.jpg

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Seriously? Look at the clouds the gradient transition to different colors takes a bigger hit in the second shot compared to the first. Overall both suffer with compression issues out the ass though, just the second shot clearly suffers from more.

Ok I see it, but really the difference is so minor it doesn't matter, not only that If the bottom one is supposed to look "better" it doesn't to me, looks more vomit green and off colored compared to the first. Not worth the hassle.

Anyone know an easy way to see my shared images? I'm trying to preview them but none of them will preview. I have some awesome pics I want to post here and any help would be awesome.

teiresias

This is amazing. I get a real... i dunno.. Watchmen kind of vibe from it.

I tried for like ten more minutes to catch that frame of animation to no avail in a slightly better vista, but oh well. Seems like the screenshot mode was locked through the animation most of the time . . . maybe I got lucky!

Kahjah

Neo Member
I had to sub this after seeing all the redonkulous pics you've all taken. Here are some of mine to add to the pot.

13906059911_570556eaf6_b.jpg

13929185855_542920028b_b.jpg

13906474682_c469bf0fcd_b.jpg

Compression is real. Anyone know a better way to upload these?

Underneath the FB photo you can click download for a larger version.

Or send them in a message on a PSN friend (or duplicate account), then access the account from the PlayStation app, open and save the photo. This gives the same quality version as what's saved on your PS4. The only better way is to get a capture card for uncompressed screenshots.

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

Those vertical ones had be me lying on my table trying to frame them and then I started getting a bit disoriented and had to just take the screenshots, lol.

The only editing that was done with any of these was rotating the image itself from landscape to portrait, all the effects are from in game. Haven't had this much fun with a photo mode since GT5, the game is just gorgeous.

Underneath the FB photo you can click download for a larger version.

Or send them in a message on a PSN friend (or duplicate account), then access the account from the PlayStation app, open and save the photo. This gives the same quality version as what's saved on your PS4. The only better way is to get a capture card for uncompressed screenshots.

Thanks. I just re uploaded them.

clintar

I cannot believe how beautiful this game is. Makes me sad I don't own it, yet. Did I miss all the praise in the press over how good this game looks, or was there some?

Top Bottom