• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
10273240_10154029557680626_1389810492330431342_o.jpg

10265552_10154029558585626_6419684668713513395_o.jpg

1926209_10154029557105626_4360961655142837185_o.jpg

Excellent, first one especially.

As a resident Seattleite, these are super local references:

The hand drawn sign. Apparently some kid lost his pet, "Pepe, My Burrito Slug Pal."

References Pablo, the Burrito Unicorn
Burrito+Unicorn.jpg

which is one of the characters of local Seattle artist Starheadboy.

And who could resist tasty soda flavors like these:

qAVgwyx.jpg

Referencing local boutique beverage company Jones Soda's penchant for weird and gross Thanksgiving themed sodas:

http://www.geekosystem.com/taste-test-jones-soda-thanksgiving-pack/

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

Those vertical ones had be me lying on my table trying to frame them and then I started getting a bit disoriented and had to just take the screenshots, lol.

The only editing that was done with any of these was rotating the image itself from landscape to portrait, all the effects are from in game. Haven't had this much fun with a photo mode since GT5, the game is just gorgeous.

These two are really perfect phone wallpapers.

Probably a stupid question. Once I upload to Twitter would I need to upload it to a image hosting site as well to post it on here?

I've also read that you can modify the Twitter URL to get better quality results or something.... Lolz.

Probably a stupid question. Once I upload to Twitter would I need to upload it to a image hosting site as well to post it on here?

I've also read that you can modify the Twitter URL to get better quality results or something.... Lolz.

Just get the image URL from twitter and add ":eek:rig" at the end, the image URL will contain large so just change large to 'orig'

xxxxxxx.jpeg:eek:rig

fernoca

A quick one I took the day the patch was released.
Experimented with the "message yourself trick", but sent the pic to my Vita (no tablet); then uploaded from there to my PC.

As noted/expected, there's less compression than uploading to Facebook or Twitter.Quick comparison:

sappyday

Holy shit these are all great. It's crazy to think these are all in-game and I sort of find it hard to believe even though I have the game.

Replicant

A quick one I took the day the patch was released.

iby9caAJyW3ibN.jpg

Nice one! I hope you guys are sending all of these pics to Sucker Punch via Twitters instead of just posting them all here. I mean you guys don't know the chance that you may win that statue. Give it a try anyway.

Chabbles

SP have outdone themselfs with this feature, its class.
I've been messing about with it but cant find any option to change time of day, i thought there was some news about being able to change between the different times of day in this patch, is there any way to do this or was the feature left out ?

M.Steiner

Such an awesome feature, really hope that other developers take note of this in future.
Had a little play about with photo mode last night anyhow. My first attempts:

iUiCLaMDBEZsR.jpg

iI0y8w0M7R8bn.jpg

ihamlnYj3KmEs.jpg

Forsete

Gold Member
This is what 8GB GDDR5 gets you! :p

The "bokeh" in this game is lovely. Finally proper looking depth of field.

SP have outdone themselfs with this feature, its class.
I've been messing about with it but cant find any option to change time of day, i thought there was some news about being able to change between the different times of day in this patch, is there any way to do this or was the feature left out ?

You have to beat the game first. The story events are tied to the time of day so you can't change them.

eso76

Feature is amazing, but I need to be a whiny bitch and complain about camera controls.
So counter intuitive and unnecessarily broken into several sub menus..
Everybody should just copy forza series when it comes to photo mode interface

Theecliff

Banned
Decided to give photo mode a try last night, didn't progress in the story much! I can already tell this second playthrough is gonna take me a helluva long time.

Used the PS App trick on an unsuspecting friend (I sent him an apologetic message before flooding him with a torrent of screens) and then hosted through imgur (which is an absolute ballache to use on my iPad).

13952952813_061408e08f_o.jpg

Funny thing is I didn't actually notice the sly symbol in the background until I had taken the shot! Was just trying to get a nice shot of Deslin's face under some harsh lighting. Astounding looking character model. I have a few more but I'll save them for a later post.

13929800702_9e48a08245_o.jpg

13952884515_e83bb8ed57_o.jpg

I really want to post more but probably shouldn't break the 3 images per post rule. The only annoying thing about this photo mode (aside from the slightly awkward camera controls) is that it basically makes the majority of my shots beforehand seem redundant! :p

Edit: Rehosted to Flickr.

Top Bottom