• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

pnmgnj.jpg

Fetch's.....well...you know...

izUAFIMz6g8kx.jpg

iZx4b4OMfW4eP.jpg

kanuuna

Is there a guide out there on getting on top of the Space Needle after completing the story mission that takes place there? I was able to get on top of the elevator near the top of the structure using (power spoilers)
the triple jump of the concrete power,
only to be blocked by invisible walls when trying to reach the very top.

Do you add the URL of the image as an image or a URL when posting?

Just insert the URL that leads directly to the file between the

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Is there a guide out there on getting on top of the Space Needle after completing the story mission that takes place there? I was able to get on top of the elevator near the top of the structure using (power spoilers)

Unless they've changed something in the patch, you have to move a little ways away from the side of the space tower, out into the open air, to get around the invisible walls. They don't extend out very far. From there, it's just some tricky climbing to the top.

Zok310

Banned
Wow, this games is gorgeous.
Looks like comic book stills, the only thing missing is the caption bubbles.
If SP added that feature we might see dedicated fans making their own online comic book fan tales directly from the PS4 using the photo mode.

Be neat if we can get a GIF mode also.

3JORN

These are all so awesome! I saw a screenshot (probably at Kotaku) that shows screws flying around as you destroy stuff. Now that's attention to detail. :D

MJLord

I'm really surprised at how robust it is! Here's my first couple of attempts!
10275292_10152126487486185_1502561100821546103_o.jpg

Neon is my favourite power by far.

893311_10152126488371185_3152759927579477125_o.jpg

1782336_10152126464956185_4517850566196088737_o.jpg

I did reach the very top using the same method but couldn't land on the Space Needle itself hence I just went into Photomode from the very closest point I could hit with.

Some tips for camera control

Put your camera in place first using camera orbit and camera distance. Don't worry about trying to frame your shot at the beginning. The camera only moves in a globe of space around Delsin and the orbit and distance controls are always relative to Delsin (not where the camera is pointing), so panning your shot before you place your camera will make camera movement disorienting.

Once you've done that, frame your shot using pan/tilt, camera rotation, and field of view (zoom) - none of these settings change where the physical camera is which is why it's best to do them last. Don't use the camera distance setting as a zoom because it is relative to Delsin's position, so it may appear to move the camera in weird directions if you've already panned your shot.

Make minor adjustments with all the controls once you've framed your shot. Only lightly tap the stick when tweaking so you don't lose where you were.

Now get your focus. Easiest way to do this is to first shrink the DoF range by decreasing the f-number (hold L1 while in DoF control mode). This will make the focus range narrower. Move it around with the left stick so the object you want is in focus. Then expand focus with R1 to increase f-number so you know that your subject is in the centre of the focus range.

Apply filters as you like and then save!

ik1GdIujZEQCM.jpg

Believe me the compression doesn't do justice with this shot as when viewed natively you would've literally have had your jaw dropped, the front bumper looked extremely real and detailed...

icapwShbgIkxO.jpg

Delsin needs a wardrobe change...

ibaOHyFLJk3sii.jpg

The top of the Space Needle

Theecliff

Banned
For some reason all these images have come out a lot darker than they were on the PS4 :( In some of the photos I've exported you can't see shit anymore, shame!

13929793332_6e5096296a_o.jpg

Close up of Delsin's face with a subtle depth of field effect.

13929786231_e318c1dfe4_o.jpg

Puddles and reflections in this game are beautiful.

13952958983_923a64dbd4_o.jpg

During the Fetch fight.

Edit: Rehosted to Flickr.

Mephist0o0

Neo Member
IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

Those vertical ones had be me lying on my table trying to frame them and then I started getting a bit disoriented and had to just take the screenshots, lol.

The only editing that was done with any of these was rotating the image itself from landscape to portrait, all the effects are from in game. Haven't had this much fun with a photo mode since GT5, the game is just gorgeous.

Stunning !

7RwTbFv.jpg

3m8TiF4.jpg

r14WqP4.jpg

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Decided to give photo mode a try last night, didn't progress in the story much! I can already tell this second playthrough is gonna take me a helluva long time.

Used the PS App trick on an unsuspecting friend (I sent him an apologetic message before flooding him with a torrent of screens) and then hosted through imgur (which is an absolute ballache to use on my iPad).

Protip: Make a second account for yourself, then send messages to that. Then on the mobile PS App (while still logged into your own main account) just look at your outgoing messages for the photos.

No need to spam friends. :)

Soon redundant anyway with 1.7

Wanny

I will never get tired to look at Infamous SS it seems. So natural.

Guys let's find the divine power source of this deliciously crafted DoF so that we can use it in ENBs. :(

Oh thread what did you do to me, I was about to go and get the game now but all stores around me are either sold-out of it or carry it for 69.99€ which I refuse to pay since I have seen other stores having it for 59.99€ already :/

dl77

First post and through Twitter so don't hate me!

BliQIBAIUAA8hTE.jpg:orig

Absolutely amazed at the level of detail. Seriously, would people have even noticed the rust and links on the chain if it wasn't for the photo mode?!

Oh thread what did you do to me, I was about to go and get the game now but all stores around me are either sold-out of it or carry it for 69.99€ which I refuse to pay since I have seen other stores having it for 59.99€ already :/

Pick it up digitally from the US store? Get the cards from Amazon. Cheapest way if you want to go digital.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Christ. As usual, your shots take the cake. You should just have your own thread :b
Hehe, thanks! :D
And there have been plenty of fantastic screenshots here, far better than anything I could come up with!

Freeman

Banned
Some absolutely amazing screenshots. So smart from them to add this feature, people value it and enjoy themselves using it and they get free promotion for their game.

Top Bottom