• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

Lince

Banned
omfg Dragan why you never told me about this? are you cheating on me?

edit: ah you posted on behalf of someone else... *sigh of relief*

Jander said:
Second opinion was 8.5. It's the game of the month, beating out Punch Out, which also got a 9. The review dings it for a few of the plot twists, but touts the gameplay as "satisfying".

Sounds great.

Mrbob said:
Thanks for the input. I think I'll skip it unless I round up some trade ins for gamestop.

Nightz I'm trying to determine if this one power is worth 10 bucks. I can preorder online for 53.99 with free shipping (no tax). I buy at gamestop I'm spending just over 63 dollars with tax. I can buy another psn game (or heck the sound track) for 10 dollars.

Do they email you the code if you order online?

raYne

MvmntInGrn said:
They really shouldn't have said 80.

From what I understand you have powers (which they counted), level up for the powers (which they counted) then good and evil of the powers (which they also counted).
Pretty much. It just ended up misleading people.

Mrbob said:
Thanks for the input. I think I'll skip it unless I round up some trade ins for gamestop.

Nightz I'm trying to determine if this one power is worth 10 bucks. I can preorder online for 53.99 with free shipping (no tax). I buy at gamestop I'm spending just over 63 dollars with tax. I can buy another psn game (or heck the sound track) for 10 dollars.
You do know what the power is, right? You activate the "blades", run up to someone slash them and they die. You just take them out in one melee hit rather than the 2-3 it usually takes. It even uses the exact same animation and they die exactly the same. Big whoop.

Hunahan said:
Win.

Nizz

Click said:
Good job, CHRP718.
Yeah, I remember him saying he was working on the official thread. Is he banned? This is some nice work. Props to him and FFObsessed for making and posting this.

I've been avoiding a lot of media on this till the game is out. I even stayed out of the demo impressions thread. I've learned my lesson from Killzone 2.

Unfortunately for me, the game won't be day one
I'm still unemployed :(
but I'm going to dig into that demo for sure next week.

Haunted

Looks excellent. Still leaning towards Prototype, but I'm eager to try out the demo. :)

Hunahan said:
umPLAYSTATION3ad.jpg

fix'd
:lol

Mrbob

As crazy as it sounds, my local gamestop isn't actually horrible. The guys who work there don't push preorders down your throat.

Markade said:
Do they email you the code if you order online?

They will email a code when the game ships.

KZObsessed

:lol Thanx for the compliments guys but just so we're clear CHRP718 did ALL the work, I simply copy and pasted as he's banned. Nice of him to add me to the OP tho. <3

And sorry kitton! CHRP just sent me a message asking me to post it, I guess he wasn't sure if you were gonna be available today. :)

KZObsessed

Lince said:
omfg Dragan why you never told me about this? are you cheating on me?

edit: ah you posted on behalf of someone else... *sigh of relief*

Let's not gay up this thread as well Lince :lol

Lince

Banned
^^^^

k :lol

1Nf4MoUsSSSSS!! still waiting for some other online retailer with the U2 beta code (I don't like Play.com)

KZObsessed

Lince said:
^^^^

k :lol

1Nf4MoUsSSSSS!! still waiting for some other online retailer with the U2 beta code (I don't like Play.com)

Plus it's £39.99 at Play.com. I want the Special Edition which is the same price at ShopTo... but it doesn't have the Beta.

I think I might just buy the SE and hope SCEE just sends me a Beta code.

Just played the demo a few minutes ago, damn good stuff. Fun climbing and jumping mechanics, the wanton destruction caused by the grenades is a blast, and I love floating through the air. Jaggy as heck though, and I hope you get a power that makes you run faster at some point.

blindrocket said:
Cry moar.

It IS really funny though :lol

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I want the LE and the Uncharted Beta but they don't come together, how do i do this without buying 2 copies?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
NinjaFridge said:
I want the LE and the Uncharted Beta but they don't come together, how do i do this without buying 2 copies?
Annual subscribers to Qore on or before May 15th get an Uncharted Beta key, I've already received mine.

okay so i'm trying to sort this one out.

in europe there's gonna be the regular and the LE versions of the game. the regular edition WITH the uncharted 2 beta code is only gonna be sold on play.com? the other places and the limited edition don't bring a code with it?

any official confirmation or denial about this?

careksims

Nice OP! I only saw one trailer of this game. All I know it's a sandbox game and this guy has electric powers. This game will be very fresh to me. :D

I just finished playing through the demo. Just to get it out of the way, I thought it looked a little more rough around the edges than I thought it would. Aside from that I was really impressed. His powers felt really satisfying but at the same time I didn't feel like an invincible super hero. I liked the fact that his super powers are so destructive but his body is still fragile so you need to use his agility to evade the enemies attacks while dishing out the punishment.

I enjoyed the platforming as well. Once you get the hang of it you can build up your momentum and it just kind of flows. I was really getting a feel for using the power cables to efficiently traverse the city.

Overall I really liked the demo.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Nozdeuce said:
Annual subscribers to Qore on or before May 15th get an Uncharted Beta key, I've already received mine.

I'm not in the US.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Plus it's £39.99 at Play.com. I want the Special Edition which is the same price at ShopTo... but it doesn't have the Beta.

I think I might just buy the SE and hope SCEE just sends me a Beta code.

Ya play.com fucking sucks. Hoping there's some other way of getting the Uncharted beta so i can cancel my preorder with their late delivering asses. Could probably get it cheaper, too.

The evil lightning looks different in the IGN vids. It has black in it. Is this a further upgrade or is the demo an old build? Also, has anyone made it across the bridge in the demo?

I am pretty pumped for this game. The demo has actually taken away from my KZ2 MP time. That is saying something!

Top Bottom