• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

SykoTech

PetriP-TNT said:
And am I the only one who things that this game is super easy minus all the random deaths that happen on any difficulty level.

This game was funny for me. It started off as easy as can be, then they promoted me to Hard for doing good on some mission. It still wasn't that bad, but once I beat
Sasha
things got progressively worst until I felt like was over my head. The main problem is when Cole gets knocked down in a crowd and the enemies shoot the hell out of me while I'm waiting for him to get back up.

Once I leveled up the Megawatt Hammer and Shock Grenade enough, it came easier to handle big crowds. I could even taking down the huge Conduits in seconds. Then Cole learns
Lightning Storm
and the game becomes as easy as pie yet again.

PetriP-TNT said:
Having trouble approaching a building
like saving Trish from the top of the hospital
? Take the long way, no enemies there.

Heh, did the same thing. Kinda felt like I cheated afterwards, but I didn't care.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Replicant said:
Ugh, Uncharted does this too. And you know what's the worst thing is? The color of the crosshair in both games are white. That means when the game desaturates, you can't see what you're aiming at. I really hope ND will fix this in Uncharted 3 but when I saw the E3 gameplay sequence, I lost hope that they'd change it.

As for inFAMOUS' story, I just realized that Kessler went at it the wrong way.
How the hell did he not bother to investigate who is the beast and what created it. He should have figured that the problem started with the ray sphere so all he has to do is to destroy it far far away from any civilization.
There's a theory in
time travel that it would have happened no matter what he did. If he knew who the Beast was and went back and killed that person when they were a baby then someone else would have become the Beast.

Irish

Fuzzy said:
There's a theory in
time travel that it would have happened no matter what he did. If he knew who the Beast was and went back and killed that person when they were a baby then someone else would have become the Beast.

I believe that may already have happened. My guess is that the person at the center of the Ray Sphere blast in Kessler's timeline never ended up being the beast in Cole's time since he was the one at the center of the blast.

kliklik

Banned
Replicant said:
Ugh, Uncharted does this too. And you know what's the worst thing is? The color of the crosshair in both games are white. That means when the game desaturates, you can't see what you're aiming at. I really hope ND will fix this in Uncharted 3 but when I saw the E3 gameplay sequence, I lost hope that they'd change it.

Ya, I wish devs would just have blood around the edges and sound fade.

Replicant

Fuzzy said:
There's a theory in

Okay, then instead of
training Cole to harden himself, why not instead stop the production of the Ray Sphere instead? Wasn't it Kessler who created Ray Sphere? Or is it one of those "self-fulfilling prophecy" thing where Kessler created it to combat the beast not knowing it'd ended up creating the beast instead?

Fuzzy

Replicant said:
Okay, then instead of
training Cole to harden himself, why not instead stop the production of the Ray Sphere instead? Wasn't it Kessler who created Ray Sphere? Or is it one of those "self-fulfilling prophecy" thing where Kessler created it to combat the beast not knowing it'd ended up creating the beast instead?
IIRC from Infamous:
in Kessler's time someone else created the Ray Sphere and all he did was go back to have it created earlier and have Cole be at the centre of it.

is there a possibility that I didn't pick up the blast shard in one of the first chapters? I'm on 146 in neon, working as I go along and I've searched the island and yes, I got that one out on the broken pier. I've searched the coasts more thoroughly than inland but I can't find this last shard so I can move onto Warren. I can't get back to the place under the bridge where the shard was either so am I screwed or is it just me missing one?

Barnaby_Jones said:
is there a possibility that I didn't pick up the blast shard in one of the first chapters? I'm on 146 in neon, working as I go along and I've searched the island and yes, I got that one out on the broken pier. I've searched the coasts more thoroughly than inland but I can't find this last shard so I can move onto Warren. I can't get back to the place under the bridge where the shard was either so am I screwed or is it just me missing one?
If you are missing the one that is under the first bridge, you can still go back

Hover from one of buildings to the edge of 2 containers standing on top of eachother, you should be able to reach the top. If not, you will end up between them and can jump on top of the second one. Drop down and you notice that the game is trying to stop you from progressing (like it sometimes does when you are trying to follow a set path). There's a easy way to prevent this, just keep on jumping. And oh, you can also walk through containers. When you reach the second stop, just before the cutscene where they start shooting you/Zeke, you need to go back a bit and jump on top of the container. Jump over the fence but start hugging the wall. Jump forward until you can reach the area where the cutscene takes place and you will fall through the ground and end up in the section where the cutscene ends, under the bridge.

I think that that shard is unmissable though and you can jump near it without bugging yourself if you backtrack from the bottom too (but you can't go around the fence).

I suggest that you check the platform near the train station near Zeke's place in the sea, or the tallest building in the Ground Zero for a shard that you can't see in the map.

Whoops, forgot what you were asking about. You don't have the skill to do the first trick, but there shouldn't be any other difficult ones in the first island than the one in the broken pier. Just run around the place mashing R3

PetriP-TNT said:
If you are missing the one that is under the first bridge, you can still go back

Hover from one of buildings to the edge of 2 containers standing on top of eachother, you should be able to reach the top. If not, you will end up between them and can jump on top of the second one. Drop down and you notice that the game is trying to stop you from progressing (like it sometimes does when you are trying to follow a set path). There's a easy way to prevent this, just keep on jumping. And oh, you can also walk through containers. When you reach the second stop, just before the cutscene where they start shooting you/Zeke, you need to go back a bit and jump on top of the container. Jump over the fence but start hugging the wall. Jump forward until you can reach the area where the cutscene takes place and you will fall through the ground and end up in the section where the cutscene ends, under the bridge.

I think that that shard is unmissable though and you can jump near it without bugging yourself if you backtrack from the bottom too (but you can't go around the fence).

I suggest that you check the platform near the train station near Zeke's place in the sea, or the tallest building in the Ground Zero for a shard that you can't see in the map.

Whoops, forgot what you were asking about. You don't have the skill to do the first trick, but there shouldn't be any other difficult ones in the first island than the one in the broken pier. Just run around the place mashing R3

I've got the static thrusters so I'll give it a go. Otherwise, thanks for the heads up on other places, I'll check em out if this proves fruitless. I can't have this be another GTA4. I am still 1 pigeon away from 100% and yet each time i go through 1-200... i never find it. Even using the laptop and comparing hasn't got me anywhere :S

EDIT: agh, no luck. I got through all the way to where the shard should have been but it wasn't there. I guess I've just left one out and about somewhere although I've scoured the district so many times now I'm starting to think otherwise. I'll keep it in my head and just move along, making sure I get all of them in the warren for definite.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Picked up a PS3 a couple of days ago and downloaded my free games from Welcome Back (I had a PSP). Picked this one up, and I'm loving it. I didn't really think I would enjoy it too much, but I really like open world games about fighting against a greater force and little by little reviving an area.

But yeah, there are some negatives too (mostly the perfect aim enemies). I was trying to escape, jumped off a building and as I was falling a fucking missile hit me in mid air. Bullshit.

Very happy overall with it, though. :)

slit

Ok, I don't know if anyone can help with this but i'm trying to complete the neon district 100% and I am stuck at 97%. I have already done both hidden package missions. Is there a third one? Or is there something else I need to do because I have already completed all the side missions on the map and I cant find any dark areas to conquer. I've been killing reapers like crazy, but nothing.

Edgeward

slit said:
Ok, I don't know if anyone can help with this but i'm trying to complete the neon district 100% and I am stuck at 97%. I have already done both hidden package missions. Is there a third one? Or is there something else I need to do because I have already completed all the side missions on the map and I cant find any dark areas to conquer. I've been killing reapers like crazy, but nothing.

Is that the only island left? If not, you should do other missions/continue the story since you already did the hidden package stuff. Some quests are not available till other quests are done, even in other places it seemed to me. It might randomly be available then.

Man, the Kessler fight on hard is one of the more intense fights I had in recent memory, simply because of how fragile you are. One random hit plus earthquake spells death or getting caught by the giant ghost Kesslers. Oh and those drones! So annoying with increased health.

Replicant

slit said:

Neon district is always 97% when you completed it. I don't think you can ever fully 100% it.

Been playing inFamous for the past few days now and I'm hooked. Really awesome game. This might be the first sandbox game I'll complete. One of the things that I like about it is that even though there are tons of stuff to collect/find (shards, dead drops, etc), you never feel overwhelmed - this is mainly because of the hints you get by using Cole's radar pulse. I also like the variety of missions and the story is pretty good so far (almost at 30% complete right now)

The graphics could have been better though. Does inFamous 2 have better graphics? Also, Cole looks a little generic to me.

Looking forward to playing the second one once I complete the first.

I just played the game for a very long time straight. I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

But when you get to the 2nd island, the game just gets downright frustrating. Simply walking around out of missions is kinda hard to do if you don't attack. And the missions are getting much harder. For instance, one mission had you
take prisoners to a jail
and somewhere in the middle of it, a ton of enemies appear out of nowhere and start doing some god-tier shooting. Trying to aim (even with the
slow-mo precision gun AKA sniper
), they hide amazingly quickly.

And enemies with shotguns are so annoying, I actually prefer when they have rocket launchers.

I still really enjoy the game, though. I just got the
Megawatt Hammer, aka rocket launcher
. Hopefully that'll make things easier.

Man, I really agree with you guys about enemies having some god-like shooting ability. They can easily hit cole regardless of how far they are. It gets really annoying.

I downloaded this thanks to the Welcome Back Program and just finished it. Man the (good) ending was mindblowing! One of the most epic endings in gaming history IMO.

I really loved the game from start to finish, most of the time it feels like a platformer since you're jumping around the buildings and zipping through power lines.

Now I gotta do the evil story and then I will get Infamous 2 ASAP!!!!

Replicant

The ending for inFamous made me realized how relevant many of Sasha's line to Cole.

The part about how Cole is going to cry if he knows what's in store for him, how she gives him nick-names, how she yearns for him, etc. I thought that was just her going bonkers but she wasn't lying at all. Although Ew @ Kessler/Cole for possibly having sexual relations with her. She looks the kind of person who is infected with various types of herpes/STIs on top of whatever slug-like thing in her mouth.

Amagon

Question about Kessler/The Ending
How did Kessler get his powers in his timeline? I thought the Ray Sphere was the reason Cole got his powers unless their is another way.

slit

I just finished the game. I'd like to get the bad ending but I'm not playing through it again just for that. Really good game.

THE NO LIFE KING said:
Question about Kessler/The Ending
How did Kessler get his powers in his timeline? I thought the Ray Sphere was the reason Cole got his powers unless their is another way.

The Ray Sphere already existed in Kessler's timeline and that is how he got his powers. As explained in the ending, he went back in time and merely accelerated its creation with the intent of putting Cole on a path that would better prepare him for the coming of The Beast.

Amagon

Pai Pai Master said:
The Ray Sphere already existed in Kessler's timeline and that is how he got his powers. As explained in the ending, he went back in time and merely accelerated its creation with the intent of putting Cole on a path that would better prepare him for the coming of The Beast.
Well yeah that makes sense but how the hell did Kessler came across of the Ray Sphere then in his time line? Was Kessler aka Cole a member of the first sons in his timeline then??

I loved the ending as well. Pretty good holy shit plot twist.

One question, I already have 349 blast shards and I can't seem to find the last one I'm missing. Which shards are easiest to miss and where are they located?

Replicant

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
I loved the ending as well. Pretty good holy shit plot twist.

One question, I already have 349 blast shards and I can't seem to find the last one I'm missing. Which shards are easiest to miss and where are they located?

Near the sea. Check all of the harbors, especially the far-off one. If that fails, check the top prison area or the top rubble in the final district.

Been playing this pretty frequently. Just beat the first boss and city. I feel like i did all the good side missions and caught all the shards. I thought I heard way back that eventually all the shards show up ont he map at the end or something?

Hazelhurst

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
The graphics could have been better though. Does inFamous 2 have better graphics? Also, Cole looks a little generic to me.

Looking forward to playing the second one once I complete the first.
Yes, it looks so damn good. It's much more polished compared to the first, most notably the cut scenes look light years better.

inFAMOUS 2 is fucking awesome.

Fuzzy

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Been playing this pretty frequently. Just beat the first boss and city. I feel like i did all the good side missions and caught all the shards. I thought I heard way back that eventually all the shards show up ont he map at the end or something?
You heard wrong.

DigiMish

TrAcEr_x90 said:

That's Infamous 2.

FireCloud

I know this has been mentioned before but this thread is already over 150 pages...

Is there a way to get back to the first two islands once you've started the third? I know there are still blast shards on the second island that I haven't collected yet.

Also, when given one of the missions where you have to choose to take one shard to be good or take them all to be bad....does taking the good route and only taking one shard mean that it is impossible to get 100% of the shards?

There should be cables near the bridges you can use to get back to the previous islands.

As for the mission shards, if I remember correctly those don't count towards the shard total percentage.

jett

D-Member
LTTP: Yep, I'm playing Infamous!

Just made it to the quest featured in the demo, really neat game so far. Shooting mechanics are really satisfying.

I have a question, what dictates if I get a good or evil karmic shift at the end of a mission? I got an evil one once without doing anything(or making any choices). Is it because I killed civilians or something? Once I even got a neutral karmic shift. I wish these downloadable titles came with instruction manuals.

jett said:
I have a question, what dictates if I get a good or evil karmic shift at the end of a mission? I got an evil one once without doing anything(or making any choices). Is it because I killed civilians or something? Once I even got a neutral karmic shift. I wish these downloadable titles came with instruction manuals.

It's pretty random, usually it's just "the one you are going for". Getting neutral is normal too. I think I have gotten the "wrong" one twice, one on the mission where you get Megawatt Hammer and another on of the prison missions. I guess it just killing enemies / creating havoc. It's not like it matters very much anyway, you are pretty much bound to go Infamous / Hero after 2/3rd of the game or earlier unless you REALLY REALLY want to be neutral.

jett

D-Member
PetriP-TNT said:
It's pretty random, usually it's just "the one you are going for". Getting neutral is normal too. I think I have gotten the "wrong" one twice, one on the mission where you get Megawatt Hammer and another on of the prison missions. I guess it just killing enemies / creating havoc. It's not like it matters very much anyway, you are pretty much bound to go Infamous / Hero after 2/3rd of the game or earlier unless you REALLY REALLY want to be neutral.

Thanks

Oyashiro

Like many others here, I picked this up as part of the WB program. I have to say, this is an awesome game. Aside from the questionable story which I must admit I don't give a shit about, the game is pretty awesome. Yeah, the enemies with god tier aim are annoying as fuck, but it gets easier to handle them as you unlock more skills and power stuff up. Im close to being done with the game, though I might try to play it again as a bad guy.

Top Bottom