• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Aurarian said:
Whew, I decided to pick up the rest of the trophies after finishing the second game. Finally finished and grabbed my platinum after two long years. The worst was the Casey Jones trophy which has you kill 25 people while on a moving train. The last stunt trophy wasn't that fun either.
The train didn't have to be moving. There was a mission where the train would stop because of stuff on the track and that's how I got that one.

Aurarian

Fuzzy said:
The train didn't have to be moving. There was a mission where the train would stop because of stuff on the track and that's how I got that one.

REALLY? Whatever, I'm glad that it's done now.

Mojojo

Ok just finished the game ( evil path ) and it was very enjoyable,
Can't wait to get my hands on Infamous 2 but i'll probably do a good playthrough with the first game.

Mojojo said:
Ok just finished the game ( evil path ) and it was very enjoyable,
Can't wait to get my hands on Infamous 2 but i'll probably do a good playthrough with the first game.

I just finished a few minutes ago. enjoyed the ending, final boss was easy compared to some of the other moments in the game, TBH. On to I2 now.

Enosh

finished it

god damn that mindblow ending
it's a rather popular trope but still, didn't see it comming here

your suposed BFF was kinda of a dick
jon went out in a kinda shitty way "oh the ray sphere murdered him, oh well who gives a shit"
what the fuck hapened to Moya? there is suposed to be this invasion comming up but they don't mention it anymore... (stealth edit and I just spoiled the shit out of Infamous 2 for myself by looking her up on the infamous wiki -.- note: don't go to the character page)

overall fun game, looking forward to playing the sequal when I scrap the money for it together ^^

Enosh said:
finished it

god damn that mindblow ending
it's a rather popular trope but still, didn't see it comming here

your suposed BFF was kinda of a dick
jon went out in a kinda shitty way "oh the ray sphere murdered him, oh well who gives a shit"
what the fuck hapened to Moya? there is suposed to be this invasion comming up but they don't mention it anymore... (stealth edit and I just spoiled the shit out of Infamous 2 for myself by looking her up on the infamous wiki -.- note: don't go to the character page)

overall fun game, looking forward to playing the sequal when I scrap the money for it together ^^

I thought Moya
was still working with the gov't at the end of Infamous. Ive start Infamous 2 but just like an hour in, I dont recall Moya being mentioned

Enosh

Dedication Through Light said:
I thought Moya
was still working with the gov't at the end of Infamous. Ive start Infamous 2 but just like an hour in, I dont recall Moya being mentioned
yes she was, but when you do the mission to detsroy the AA guns for John, she calls you and says that those jets are in preperation for a ground invasion, that's what i get for not listening anymore and that she blames me for it

that's the last we hear of her, or any invasion whatsoever

Replicant

How am I supposed to get that blast shard that's stuck on this very tall, long, cylindrical chimney? Cole can't jump that high.

Also, why are my area clearing is only 87% in the historic district even though I've completed all of the side missions? Is there some hidden side missions (ie. Find the package stuff) that requires me to kill one of the First Sons?

Combichristoffersen said:
I'm stuck on the mission where you have to destroy the armoured city buses. What do? >_>

I had made it to the last bus and had stupidly clicked on Abandon Mission, I was so angry! It took me so long to do it, especially because in one district the enemys will flock all over me!

Replicant

I had made it to the last bus and had stupidly clicked on Abandon Mission, I was so angry! It took me so long to do it, especially because in one district the enemys will flock all over me!
That mission is easy in comparison to what you have to do later on (Fuck whoever designed the satellite uplink minigames). All you have to do is to just jump from a tall building into the top of a bus and spam lightning from there. If you have problem with henchmen around it just drop some sticky bombs at them.

Replicant said:
That mission is easy in comparison to what you have to do later on (Fuck whoever designed the satellite uplink minigames). All you have to do is to just jump from a tall building into the top of a bus and spam lightning from there. If you have problem with henchmen around it just drop some sticky bombs at them.

The worst mission is the poison balloons one!! I wanted to throw my dualschock 3 at the tv and it felt like it took nearly an hour to do it.

Replicant

The worst mission is the poison balloons one!! I wanted to throw my dualschock 3 at the tv and it felt like it took nearly an hour to do it.

And they just keep coming. "Hey there are two more. Oops, another one is nearby". FUCK THAT. And taking down one is already a long-ass process. First, you get to rooftop, then you shoot the plane, then you try to get close to the baloon (and not get poisoned in the process), then you try to get as many electricity as possible to thunder the balloon, then you have to somehow jump into the balloon before the shield is up again (or else you have to thunder the balloon again), then you have to detach the platforms. And they add machineguns on the last 2 balloons. FML.

littleornothin

Neo Member
Replicant said:
How am I supposed to get that blast shard that's stuck on this very tall, long, cylindrical chimney? Cole can't jump that high.

Also, why are my area clearing is only 87% in the historic district even though I've completed all of the side missions? Is there some hidden side missions (ie. Find the package stuff) that requires me to kill one of the First Sons?

Let me now if you find a way for that shard ;)

I think there could be a hidden package mission left in that area for the last percentage.

I got this game with the PSN welcome back gifts,tried it out being a MASSIVE fan of prototype thinking this would be right up my alley,but then I saw the running animation,I tried to ignore it and keep playing but it has the stiffiest running animation I have ever seen,like tomb raider 2 style,my eyes would burn when I tried to run anywhere ,so then I tried climbing everywhere to avoid the running,but obviously couldnt climb only forever,anyways the whole time I was playing it just made me want to play prototype,I think this is one of those games that people either loved or hated

Replicant

littleornothin said:

T_T How would I know?

OMG, don't tell me you're supposed to get it during the poison balloon mission. FML, I didn't even think it's possible to stay on the balloon for a long period of time nor did I remember if the balloon ever went that route.

littleornothin said:
I think there could be a hidden package mission left in that area for the last percentage.

I already killed one guy with hidden package mission and that upped my percentage from 83% (after all of the other side missions were completed) to 87%. But I can't find another one in the area.

Replicant said:
I already killed one guy with hidden package mission and that upped my percentage from 83% (after all of the other side missions were completed) to 87%. But I can't find another one in the area.

If the area is that desolate wasteland looking area. You clear it after you beat the final boss. There is no mission to clear it.

Replicant said:
And they just keep coming. "Hey there are two more. Oops, another one is nearby". FUCK THAT. And taking down one is already a long-ass process. First, you get to rooftop, then you shoot the plane, then you try to get close to the baloon (and not get poisoned in the process), then you try to get as many electricity as possible to thunder the balloon, then you have to somehow jump into the balloon before the shield is up again (or else you have to thunder the balloon again), then you have to detach the platforms. And they add machineguns on the last 2 balloons. FML.

The two with machineguns threw me off when I first tried it and I would misjudge jumping and get poisoned in the process (not to mention the people in the streets want to attack too). Definitely one of the missions I was glad to finish.

Himself

I've given up playing the side missions. I forgot how quickly I lose interest in open world games in general. I'm keeping to the main story now and enjoying it a bit more.

Cornbread78

just don't screw up like me and finish the story before fully upgrading your evil powers to get the trophy. Once you clear the game it's nearly impossible to get enough XP to level it up. I have to try to get 6K to level up my bold now and there are no baddies to kill really. It would probably be easier to start and play through all the evil missions again to get it.

Replicant

littleornothin said:

I figured it out!

There's a nearby tall building not far from that tall chimney. The building's height is approximately a few centimeters taller than the location of the blast shard itself. However, there's a quite a distance from the building to the chimney. This is where you have to do 2 things:

1. Jump off the building and *immediately* use your thruster to head towards the location of the blast shard on the chimney.
2. Your thruster, however, would immediately loses its power the minute you reach the chimney. This is where you'd need to spam jump as quickly as possible so you can reach the shard.

The two with machineguns threw me off when I first tried it and I would misjudge jumping and get poisoned in the process (not to mention the people in the streets want to attack too). Definitely one of the missions I was glad to finish.

Other sucky missions: the one where you have to save the hostages. FFS, I didn't even know how to save the hostages (until I figured out that you need to suck the electricity instead of destroying the bomb). But even then you first have to fight those conduits turned giants of light. If you're dead not long after you save the hostages, you'll have to repeat fighting the large giant conduit + all of the other henchmen all over again. Repeat this 3 times and you have a mission where you'd feel like throwing your six axis against the TV.

And of course there's the satellite uplink, where if you screw up even for a few seconds, you chances are gone and you have to repeat right from the beginning.

Last but not least: penetrate Sasha's lair mission. FFS, I died so many times just trying to get into that tunnel.

Cornbread78 said:
just don't screw up like me and finish the story before fully upgrading your evil powers to get the trophy. Once you clear the game it's nearly impossible to get enough XP to level it up. I have to try to get 6K to level up my bold now and there are no baddies to kill really. It would probably be easier to start and play through all the evil missions again to get it.

Is there a new game plus in this game? Can you play on hard setting with your existing power intact? Or do you have to start all over again?

Replicant

Himself said:
I have more to say but I don't know how to use spoiler tags. Can someone kindly clue in the clueless?

put your spoiler here[/spioler] -> but make sure you spell 'spoiler' correctly on both tags. I purposely mispelled the closing tag so you can see the tags.

Cornbread78

Replicant said:
Is there a new game plus in this game? Can you play on hard setting with your existing power intact? Or do you have to start all over again?

You have to start all over again with a clean slate if you restart the game. Really, really sucks. I only have 30 shards left, so 30x5 XP = 150xp, means, I'll still have to try and get 6K XP somehow.... Total crap and it will take about 50 hours to just run around and Heal/Bioleech people, or start over and spend 20 hours playing all the missions again. sucks either way. Don't miss that opportunity prior to the last series of missions.

So I am nearing the end of the game (well, maybe not story wise but I have collected all the districts, dead drops...) and I am missing 2 Blast Chards, ugh...

Any chards that are easy to miss / don't show up in the radar / whatever or am I just doomed to run around the islands hoping I would find one?

Casey Jones trophy will take ages now that I have all the districts done, if it's even possible and Have A Nice Fall stunt is just bullshit. I know that it's possible to do on that big tower near Zeke's place but those guys spawn SO randomly.

Himself

Replicant said:
put your spoiler here[/spioler] -> but make sure you spell 'spoiler' correctly on both tags. I purposely mispelled the closing tag so you can see the tags.
Thank you.
Just testing.

one85x

PetriP-TNT said:
So I am nearing the end of the game (well, maybe not story wise but I have collected all the districts, dead drops...) and I am missing 2 Blast Chards, ugh...

Any chards that are easy to miss / don't show up in the radar / whatever or am I just doomed to run around the islands hoping I would find one?

Casey Jones trophy will take ages now that I have all the districts done, if it's even possible and Have A Nice Fall stunt is just bullshit. I know that it's possible to do on that big tower near Zeke's place but those guys spawn SO randomly.
I believe the skyscraper in the Historic District and any of the shards near the water are the biggest culprits.

For Have a Nice Fall: Jump down to street level from Zeke's place, then run to the right until you reach the first train platform. Five Reapers always spawn here. Kill the two on the right, then push the other three back with your shield and shockwave them off the platform.

As annoying as it sounds, it's probably better to start a new game for the Casey Jones trophy. You keep everything when you die, so just keep suiciding during the first train mission.

one85x said:
I believe the skyscraper in the Historic District and any of the shards near the water are the biggest culprits.

For Have a Nice Fall: Jump down to street level from Zeke's place, then run to the right until you reach the first train platform. Five Reapers always spawn here. Kill the two on the right, then push the other three back with your shield and shockwave them off the platform.

As annoying as it sounds, it's probably better to start a new game for the Casey Jones trophy. You keep everything when you die, so just keep suiciding during the first train mission.
I think I got all of them from that Skyscraper (one of them didn't appear on the radar until I was further up) as I saw that tip at SA and I have mostly scavenged around the water. Oh well, I guess I'll just run around for hours, it's not that bad but I am bit worried about my R3 :p

I'll try that FHANF place and I'll save Casey Jones for my second playthrough as Evil Cole / Hard.

Thanks!

JJWE

Neo Member
Long time listener, first time caller. (Hi GAF!)

Wall of text-ish:

Got this as part of my Welcome back package (along with Ratchet and Clank) and thought that my experience with the game might make a suitable first post.
Didn't know much about it beforehand other than that it was an open world game, it featured a lightning-powered protagonist and that it was compared to Prototype at the time of its release due to the similarities between the two games. I did however download the demo of inFamous 2, so I had a basic idea how the game would play, I didn't however expect something so... Rough. I don't think I've played a game with such a shoddy interaction between characters and geography in a long time. I don't know how many times I've leapt to catch a hanging wire or a ledge only to fall through it, with Cole plummeting to the ground as a result; especially annoying during the satellite runs. On the other hand, when I'm in a hurry trying to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, he'll be happy to latch on to the tiniest little obstacle like he's got glue on his hands and feet. There are also a lot of slanted areas that seem to cause him problems.

In spite of this big, glaring problem I actually had a lot of fun with the game. The various powers were fun, even if a few seemed obsolete and the various missions were varied enough for me to not get bored (even though the bus hunting towards the end got a bit old). I give it a 3/5 and have to go check out the demo for no. 2 again to better spot what they've improved.

Whew, found the last 2 chards after looking for them in Island 2 and 3 for 1,5 hours... only to notice that the other one is in a place I couldn't have seen anyway (across platforms in the ocean) and the other one I found in about 2 minutes after finding the first one. In a building that I had searched before. When I started the game. But got distracted by a side quest.

Bing, bronze trophy. Seriously? Another reminder why to forget about fetch quests. fuuuu

Himself

PetriP-TNT said:
Whew, found the last 2 chards after looking for them in Island 2 and 3 for 1,5 hours... only to notice that the other one is in a place I couldn't have seen anyway (across platforms in the ocean) and the other one I found in about 2 minutes after finding the first one. In a building that I had searched before. When I started the game. But got distracted by a side quest.

Bing, bronze trophy. Seriously? Another reminder why to forget about fetch quests. fuuuu

Haha. Yeah I'm not even bothering with the shards unless they're in clear sight. At least the dead drops divulge a bit of story.

Oh and I just finished that poison balloon mission, maybe I got lucky but it wasn't that hard, I missed the balloon maybe once or twice. I think it starts to drop down a bit AFTER you blow the shield off so you can just run to the nearest water tower or anything that is bit higher than the actual rooftop and jump/glide. The guns were a bitch though.

That hostage one with the bombs was bullshit though, I think I died 9 times before figuring out I have to drain them, not run around them pushing triangle :p

Medalion

Banned
I downloaded this game from PSN cuz of the free 2 games Sony was offering cuz of the PSN being down for so long

It's a nice feeling to feel like the Emperor from Star Wars and just shock people all the time

SykoTech

Getting really annoyed with the defending missions. First the bus, then those guys at the bridge, and now a friggin' helicopter ride with RPGs coming at me from all angles. I hope this is the last one.

Fighting chumps is really fun now though. Dropping lightning from the sky on a group of enemies is very satisfying.

JJWE

Neo Member
Got the shard hunting ahead of me myself and I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Picked up about half during my regular playthrough, so now I only have 175 left. Yay~ And the stunts...

Mnt4e.jpg

edit: Just trying out the IMG tags....

one_kill

I finally got Platinum after finding the last blast shard. The game was fun. I enjoyed most of the missions, jumping from building to building, and Cole's powers and abilities.

However, there were a number of things I didn't like including:
- Missions which had you protecting something (particularly the helicopter one)
- Cole grabbing onto objects you didn't necessarily intend for him to grab
- Climbing buildings which I felt was tedious and awkward
- Off-putting plot twists (Zeke was really annoying)

Overall, I think it was a solid game and I definitely had a fun experience.

I just compared this game to the sequel, and I was impressed at how much of an upgrade the second one was when compared to the first one. Congrats Sucker Punch. I earned both of your plats.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Finished it.

Overall I quite liked it, even if it was far from perfect. Clunky controls and some horribly frustrating missions, also the difficulty was kinda unbalanced (on easy, at least), as the game was hard as shit at first, but once you started getting extra battery cores and powers and got to the third island, Cole was so overpowered it was mostly a walk in the park. Got all the dead drops, did all the side missions and got all positive karma upgrades. I'll do an evil run sometime in the future. Can't be bothered to look for the 100 blast shards I'm missing though :p

Will buy the sequel once it drops in price.

Replicant

PetriP-TNT said:
That hostage one with the bombs was bullshit though, I think I died 9 times before figuring out I have to drain them, not run around them pushing triangle :p

AHAHAHAHA. I did that too and almost smashed my controller in RAGE (I didn't, I only went "FUCK THIS SHIT! What am I supposed to do?!")

I hope they fix the control in the sequel (make it so Cole doesn't stick to things you don't want him to cling onto) and oh, the choice to kill Zeke would be great too.

r1chard

Finished it last night. Some minor repetition but hey, it's a video game. Some of the combat was a bit crap
especially trying to shoot those flying things in the last battle
.. I come from PC mouse+kb gaming and really missed the enemy lock-on from RDR. My brother (who plays more FPS PC and less console games than me) hates it.

Loved the comic-book styling and comic-book story. Overall an excellent game.

Still looking forward to #2 now...

Is it worth playing through a second time as evil? Or is it the same story, just with slightly different powers?

Himself

What I like most about the game are the few missions where you have to climb reeeaaaallly high. I just love kinda checking out a path and testing my jumps and clenching my teeth not sure if I'll make the leap or not. Is there more of this in the second game?

The combat is cool enough I guess...could care less about the repetitive side missions...just got to the third island and the story is finally picking up. But hot damn I love climbing them tall structures.

Combichristoffersen

Himself said:
What I like most about the game are the few missions where you have to climb reeeaaaallly high. I just love kinda checking out a path and testing my jumps and clenching my teeth not sure if I'll make the leap or not. Is there more of this in the second game?

The combat is cool enough I guess...could care less about the repetitive side missions...just got to the third island and the story is finally picking up. But hot damn I love climbing them tall structures.

Climbing Alden's tower was pretty fun.

Except for those final bars you had to cling on to before reaching the top.

Also, Alden was the best bossfight in the game.

Himself

Combichristoffersen said:
Climbing Alden's tower was pretty fun.

Except for those final bars you had to cling on to before reaching the top.

Also, Alden was the best bossfight in the game.

Yeah that's the part I just played and decided it was probably my favorite moment of the game so far.
I also really liked the prison, and shooting down the planes.
So, as simple minded as it sounds, I'm hoping there is more tall shit to climb/platformy parts in Infamous 2.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So I just started playing this a couple days ago, and recently powered up the last section of Neon. How many other people wandered around, found
the gas station, and decided to see what one little arc would do to a pump?

Combichristoffersen

DarthWoo said:
So I just started playing this a couple days ago, and recently powered up the last section of Neon. How many other people wandered around, found
the gas station, and decided to see what one little arc would do to a pump?

I did, but I saved before doing it so it wouldn't mess up my karma :lol

littleornothin

Neo Member
Replicant said:
I figured it out!

There's a nearby tall building not far from that tall chimney. The building's height is approximately a few centimeters taller than the location of the blast shard itself. However, there's a quite a distance from the building to the chimney. This is where you have to do 2 things:

1. Jump off the building and *immediately* use your thruster to head towards the location of the blast shard on the chimney.
2. Your thruster, however, would immediately loses its power the minute you reach the chimney. This is where you'd need to spam jump as quickly as possible so you can reach the shard.

Doh! I have jumped from that building at least 20 times :) Never tried the jump-spamming though. Sweet.

Top Bottom