• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

vocab

opticalmace said:
Hm weird.

I started a new game and played for about 10-15 minutes, saved it. When I came back to play again it did that intro at the beginning of the game, talking about some biological thing, explaining what's going on in the city.. "day 1, day 4" etc. then it showed me on top of the roof with the TV stuff, which I had already done. It didn't start me from the middle of that blue explosion at the very beginning of the game like before.

I'll just play for a while, save at a further point, and see what happens when I load it next. Thanks both.

Just finish the first real mission. The first real save is a couple minutes after you get that package down from that statue. It happened to me too.

vocab said:
Just finish the first real mission. The first real save is a couple minutes after you get that package down from that statue. It happened to me too.
Oh thanks, got it.

Seems like a great game so far.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Woo! Just got my platinum.
I was dreading the last trophy (all evil upgrades), as my only decent evil save was one mission before the end (where you
destroy the AA guns and chase the truck
).

I needed 12,000xp for the final bolt upgrade *groan*. Luckily I found a part of the mission where I could grind a bunch of enemies, kill myself and repeat. It took a fair few goes, but glad I did it and could totally put inFamous to bed before popping in inFamous 2 ^^

I can't get enough of these powers. I thought the transition straight from one game to the other would burn me out, but there are so many improvements in the sequel that I'm still having a great time.

DeathNote said:
wut, i completed a bunch of side missions and it only says i've done 1? i can't buy overlord burst.

Not all side missions count for this. Only the ones labelled "good" (green marker) or "evil" (red marker).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BaronLundi said:
Not all side missions count for this. Only the ones labelled "good" (green marker) or "evil" (red marker).
Yeah I soon realized this. Thanks. The UI confused me after staying up to 8am playing. I focused more on the fact that it cost "5 Side Missions" and that I had only 1 in the bank. I ignored that the bank was called "Good Side Missions".

Enosh

damn, the cannon fodder on island 2 hits a lot harder that the starting reapers or whatever they are called

I kinda also had no idea this game had boss fights, looking back at it this should have been obvious given the kind of a game it is, still was a fun suprise going into the first boss fight ^^

and I shouldn't have played the IF2 demo... I just can't get over the fact how much better the sequel looks

oh and the "go find the listening devices" side missions can go fuck themself -.-

Enosh said:
damn, the cannon fodder on island 2 hits a lot harder that the starting reapers or whatever they are called

I kinda also had no idea this game had boss fights, looking back at it this should have been obvious given the kind of a game it is, still was a fun suprise going into the first boss fight ^^

and I shouldn't have played the IF2 demo... I just can't get over the fact how much better the sequel looks

oh and the "go find the listening devices" side missions can go fuck themself -.-
Boss fights took me by surprise too when I got to them. Also the Dead Drops give some Insight on the story and who John is.

Irish

SixStringPsycho said:
Boss fights took me by surprise too when I got to them. Also the Dead Drops give some Insight on the story and who John is.

I think he is talking about the Surveillance missions, not the Dead Drops. I personally liked those missions, but I know a lot of people really hated them.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Irish said:
I think he is talking about the Surveillance missions, not the Dead Drops. I personally liked those missions, but I know a lot of people really hated them.

Surveillance missions, are you thinking of those missions where you have to follow a courier and pick up the package he's carrying? Fuck those missions, shit fucking sucked.

Enosh

Combichristoffersen said:
Surveillance missions, are you thinking of those missions where you have to follow a courier and pick up the package he's carrying? Fuck those missions, shit fucking sucked.
no, I mean the ones where you have to zap those red blinking things on buildings

Combichristoffersen said:
I thought he meant the missions where you have to climb a bunch of buildings and disable surveillance bugs. I hated those. Following the enemy missions were cool.

beat

Counter-Surveillance, they're called.

Also I just Finished Zeke's Request, damn those Conduit Dustmen are annoying. I'm kinda Trophy-hunting, trying to kill Reapers/Dustmen while on Trains/cars. Why does Cole stick to every fucking surface like Spiderman but he can't stay on a car?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The stunts are weird. How are you supposed to know what they want you to do without an outside resource?

Enosh said:
no, I mean the ones where you have to zap those red blinking things on buildings
i've done 2. how many are there?

BigAT

I picked this up as part of the Welcome Back program and I'm really liking it so far. While I was playing I was doing every single side mission as I thought that the entire game was contained to the initial island. I was shocked to see when it opened up that there two more full areas.

I'm about halfway through the second island now and enjoying the gameplay, but is it just me or is every character in this game extremely hateable? Zeke is obnoxious, jealous and is generally a bad person. Moya is constantly extorting you, sends you to handle menial tasks while ignoring the larger picture and she is consistently unappreciative of anything you accomplish. Trish holds a vendetta against you and treats you like shit, as though you personally strangled her sister to death. Cole is the only character I don't hate and even then I'm mainly indifferent towards him.

Irish

BigAT said:
Is it just me or is every character in this game extremely hateable? Zeke is obnoxious, jealous and is generally a bad person.

I agree that Zeke is all of those things, but I really liked him because of how humorous he was.

Ydahs

Downloading the game now but don't know what to expect. What kind of game is similar to this, just to draw some comparisons?

Alright guys, I've had around 3 playthroughs of Infamous 1, and I can't seem to get one trophy, which should be relatively easy. I keep screwing up at the *late game spoilers*
Save Trish/doctors
decision, how am I supposed to
know which group is on which side of the building? I just picked a side at random and ended up picking Trish EVERY TIME...

OneMoreQuestion said:
Alright guys, I've had around 3 playthroughs of Infamous 1, and I can't seem to get one trophy, which should be relatively easy. I keep screwing up at the *late game spoilers*
Save Trish/doctors
decision, how am I supposed to
know which group is on which side of the building? I just picked a side at random and ended up picking Trish EVERY TIME...
Left side, altruistic =
6 doctors
Right side, selfish =
Trish

Either way,
Trish dies

Crewnh said:
Left side, altruistic =
6 doctors
Right side, selfish =
Trish

Either way,
Trish dies

Thanks! Is there a way to tell or is everyone supposed to make a blind guess?

EDIT: And I
am right handed which may explain why I always head to the right :/

Honestly, I don't know. I'm assuming everything should be visible but the three times I played, I just went with left-good/right-bad without looking up since every decision has been laid out like that.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I had mainly planned on just playing through to get ready for inFAMOUS 2, but I'm dropping achievements so fast I'm suddenly considering going for the platinum. Almost have all the stunts already; just missing one for a skill I don't have yet and the one where you have to knock 3 guys off a room at the same time.

Those shards will be god awful though. A "good" playthrough on hard wouldn't be so bad, I don't think, if I just go straight through all the story missions, but I fear the time it would take to get those shards.

Irish

OneMoreQuestion said:
Thanks! Is there a way to tell or is everyone supposed to make a blind guess?

EDIT: And I
am right handed which may explain why I always head to the right :/

Yeah, you can actually see the number of people hanging from each.

No45

DeathNote said:
Is there a way to track what stunts you've done?
Nope. :(

I'm hoping they've rectified that in the second game.

Ydahs said:
Downloading the game now but don't know what to expect. What kind of game is similar to this, just to draw some comparisons?
From a gameplay point of view, Crackdown apparently.

Skilletor said:
Ew. Think that's enough of this for me.
Those methods of travel are actually really beneficial, since you can get an ability that lets you recharge while riding them. Not to mention that they're infinitely faster than just running everywhere.

Skilletor

ThreeSix said:
Grinding on power lines is one of the most fun things in the game though. I'd say give it a chance until you get that point at least.

Game isn't interesting enough for me to struggle to that. I was hoping for some sort of jet propulsion electric flying or something similar.

I think the game is very boring, tbh. It was free, though, so at least there's that.

Skilletor said:
Game isn't interesting enough for me to struggle to that. I was hoping for some sort of jet propulsion electric flying or something similar.
You do get a power that lets you glide, but I guess that's probably not good enough for you.

Just Platinumed this. It was fun. I played through most of my hard/evil play through without upgrading any powers, made it pretty hard in some spots

SykoTech

Been playing this thanks to the Welcome Back package, and it has to be the roughest PS3 "AAA" game I've played. Quite a few glitches, pop-ins, framerate drops, and everything. A lot of people have been saying that the sequel is an "Uncharted 2-like" leap. Well, I sure hope it is.

I also don't like how Cole instantly grabs onto anything he's close too. I wish they made it more like Sly Cooper, where you could determine what to land on or grab by pressing the action button.

And of course, all the characters are pretty unlikable.

Still, pretty fun game despite the issues. Just did the Prison Patrol mission, and there was some crazy fun combat and nice platforming.

I like it, though I cant believe its from 2009 or earlier I guess. I remember friends renting it and thus I have their trophies but thanks to welcome back I can play it for myself before getting into 2 (which I played to just play without playing the first, but, it was free, so might as well).

Cole needs double jumping abilities, its feels so odd without it. People throwing stuff at me is annoying, have to always be on the move, just an hour in though aiming to be a good guy.

I got this too with the welcome back pack and damn I am loving this billion times more than I originally thought. At first it was tough getting around the rough edges SykoTech mentioned and I found the amount of stuff around me to gather annoying (the messages, blast chards...) but suddenly I was hooked just jumping around the town gathering blast chards like nobodys business while doing all the side missions on the route.

The missions are fun, the story seems good, the sidemissions are short enough not to become repetive and platforming is awesome. And the game just keeps getting better the more powerups you have, like the sliding thing for fast travel. I played the demo when this first came out and wasn't nearly this impressed.

Only downsides I can think of are the sudden deaths while firefighting and water related incidents but luckily the checkpoints are plentiful. I just started the second island and did couple of missions, hopefully it doesn't get boresome anytime soon!

Oh and I am playing as Good character eventhough I knew that being evil would have been easier.

SykoTech said:
A lot of people have been saying that the sequel is an "Uncharted 2-like" leap.

Maybe Ima freak, but having played Uncharted 2 recently and having *just* finished Infamous (1, not 2), I've gotta say, I liked Infamous about 2 tons more. Uncharted, to me felt like a not-very-interactive movie with endless, pointeless gunfights, whereas Infamous just felt *right* - open, but with a solid mission structure, etc. Shrug.

SykoTech

sparky2112 said:
Maybe Ima freak, but having played Uncharted 2 recently and having *just* finished Infamous (1, not 2), I've gotta say, I liked Infamous about 2 tons more. Uncharted, to me felt like a not-very-interactive movie with endless, pointeless gunfights, whereas Infamous just felt *right* - open, but with a solid mission structure, etc. Shrug.

Well, I was talking in terms of polish and technical achievements. I wasn't necessarily trying to compare the gameplay experiences. inFamous is more of my kind of game as well, it's just not as polished as I would have hoped. I'm hoping the sequel cuts down on the technical glares.

Having a lot more fun with combat though, now that I've upgraded the Megawatt Hammer.

Aurarian

Whew, I decided to pick up the rest of the trophies after finishing the second game. Finally finished and grabbed my platinum after two long years. The worst was the Casey Jones trophy which has you kill 25 people while on a moving train. The last stunt trophy wasn't that fun either.

Dedication Through Light said:
The games difficulty feels rigged, Easy is just as difficult as hard. Damage takes forever to regenerate and enemy attacks are too potent.
You're remembering to suck up electricity to get health back, right? Because you're right about the health regen speed, but it's lickity-quick when you suck up some juice.

Does anyone know if you can still do stuff after the story ending? I want to hunt for my final blast shards after I clear everything out.

Top Bottom