• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

Click

Banned
Defuser said:
LOL You stealth edit your post eh?

So fucking sad and pathetic.
Kid is scared shitless the mods are going to ban his ass.
Too bad people already quoted all of his posts on page 4. :lol

Edit: Just for reference....

Cheech said:
That's because your instinct is right, and it's not a 9.x caliber game. The demo is fun and all, and will probably be worth the $48.50 I preordered it for on Amazon (Thanks ECA!), but there's just no way. It got an artificial bump because of the exclusive review, end of story.

Cheech said:
Personally I'd say that the graphics for one thing and secondly gameplay mechanics...while being extremely fun to play, I feel that Cole is to weightless and his running animation to jarring. NPC's also have rigid movement and it seems that all of them share the same stance when doing most things. Character models are also pretty jarring(Hi Trish) and really break away from the rest of the games aesthetic.

I'd dock it down to a solid 7-8 or so.

Cheech said:
The city is lifeless, the enemies and main character are generic, the graphics are low-end, and the combat is repetitive. The beginning train mission was also more repetitive than any mission I can remember in any GTA game ever (after the fourth time you had to jump down from the tracks to electrify a box to get the train going again, I was losing my will to actually finish the mission).

This does not make a 9.0 game. That said, it was good enough for me to buy it at a discounted price from Amazon. It showed enough promise, but compared to a true 9.0+ game like Gears of War, Oblivion, Uncharted, etc...? It doesn't quite play on that level, IMO.

Cheech said:
No, I believe the edits were blatant. The goal was to allow the person starting from page 1 to enjoy nothing but a smooth, delicious inFAMOUS stroking.
:lol Let me just say that I disagree with your original post about it not being a 9 game because you didn't really go into detail till after the fact and only based it off the demo. But I do think however that you've been mauled pretty badly even after you went in depth and that's just wrong.

Seriously guys, enough is enough. Lets get back on topic and leave him be this isn't JtYettis or some other freak.

TEH-CJ

Banned
thaOwner said:
919w7n.jpg

Holy shit :lol :lol :lol

Cruzader said:
So um, anyone else need the demo? going to bed soon. PM me.
I haven't played it yet but I don't feel like logging into someone else's account to download it. If its a code, I'll gladly take it.:lol

Cruzader

Banned
DJ Crimson said:
I haven't played it yet but I don't feel like logging into someone else's account to download it. If its a code, I'll gladly take it.:lol
dude takes like 2 mins, and no its not a code. Interested PM me.

"That's because your instinct is right, and it's not a 9.x caliber game. The demo is fun and all, and will probably be worth the $48.50 I preordered it for on Amazon (Thanks ECA!), but there's just no way. It got an artificial bump because of the exclusive review, end of story."

$48.50 from Amazon? How? I have mine pre ordered for 53.99

h3ro

You guys need to use your Ignore Lists. Those posts I saw quoted are ridiculous.

Back OT, Nightz, is there a sprint/speed increase power that lets us get around the city/islands quicker?

Cruzader

Banned
h3ro said:
You guys need to use your Ignore Lists. Those posts I saw quoted are ridiculous.

Back OT, Nightz, is there a sprint/speed increase power that lets us get around the city/islands quicker?

If you level up, you can use the power cables above the buildings to travel faster or the train track. You basically surf on them..lol.

Cruzader said:
dude takes like 2 mins, and no its not a code. Interested PM me.
Did you just called me dude? Nah but seriously, I hate having useless accounts on my PS3 when I only use them once. Yes, I know you can delete them but it still shows in one of the acount settings.

Cruzader

Banned
DJ Crimson said:
Did you just called me dude? Nah but seriously, I hate having useless accounts on my PS3 when I only use them once. Yes, I know you can delete them but it still shows in one of the acount settings.
Ok in real life, I dont use "dude" either.(true story)

Anyhow, Im just trying to help out.

J-Rzez

neojubei said:
I guess I can expect the Official Uncharted 2 multiplayer thread to fall into this type of trap.

Worse, far worse. Especially since it's off a proven AAA first title. MAG is on watch now too due to it's glowing previews. Only thing that will be trolled far harder than either of these two will be GT5.

cjtiger300 said:
Answered, lol! It was more towards cheech than you anyway!
Well I'm gunning for you now anyway >:)

As for the topic at hand, I'm talking about the things I saw that are going to be in the final game(They aren't going to change animations, character models look bad still in the IGN video review and in the demo, Cole still seems to be weightless) These are things that for me would equate a lower score. I feel that a 9 is pushing it just a little and although these things are nitpicks9Except the character models) that you won't really notice ingame since you move so fast. They are useful though so that Sucker Punch can polish more in their next game and achieve higher uality for themselves and for consumers.

Game prices have gone up again here in Canada from $59.99 to 569.99 and I avoided RE5 for that reason as I thoguht it was a solid game but not worth the $76 after taxes. inFamous though is really fun and seems to be pretty big so I'm more comfortable paying for it. But I want more for my money, that's all.

Trish looks fine in the comics(As does Cole) but ingame they both look really weird. He looks way older and she looks....yeah. :D

Y2Kev said:
Did I miss something?

Click

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Only thing that will be trolled far harder than either of these two will be GT5.

People will try, but GT5 is well-protected by some crazy mofos.
I went in the thread saying I thought GT4 and GT5 Prologue were boring and not as fun as GT3 or GT2 and they were ready to take my head off. :lol

Brannon

The head post is awesome, and this game will also be awesome.

One question; how does he clean himself off?

Okay two questions; does he use electrostatic discharge to de-cling dirt?

Three; pee is water-based. How does he...

I'll stop here.

Rikyfree

Brannon said:

I'll stop here.

The body is 75% water. If water hurts him, how is he not dead already?

But, I digress, still day uno.

Teknoman

Well, there is that one South American guy who can conduct dangerous amounts of electricity without so much as burning a fingertip.

Kittonwy

Banned
Brannon said:

He probably licks himself.

I'll stop here.

I don't think he pees in the game, but then he doesn't drink any water either so he doesn't have to pee.

Nafai1123

Banned
Maybe he has to completely drain himself of electricity before he can drink, pee, or do anything else involving bodily fluids...

Kittonwy said:
He probably licks himself.

I don't think he pees in the game, but then he doesn't drink any water either so he doesn't have to pee.
The correct answer is that he pee's lightning, or possibly steam.

What the hell happened in here? Is there a thread reboot button?
Just think happy thoughts people and ignore whatever is the problem.
Just think about Cole, gliding majestically of an intersection, as he bombs a group of reapers into a sizzling pile of electrostatic win!

Irnbru

DMPrince said:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_709-UY_kyd8/SZOiwbT2qAI/AAAAAAAAAQ0/FqiInVzZw-w/s400/courage-wolf-piss-lightning-shit-success.jpg/IMG]

Okay. I'll go back on topic now :lol[/QUOTE]

Wow, I haven't laughed at one of these that hard in a while

I'm not sure about this deal with not being able to blaze through the game with upgraded powers. If it at least had a "reset gangs" function like Crackdown had then that would probably be good enough, but it doesn't sound like it does. Seems like there will be limited usage for your upper tier powers.

JoJo13

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Well this thread turned into shit fast.

Name one high profile PS3 thread on here that didn't turn to shit.

I guess that's how you can tell which PS3 games are really good or not.

Flek

Banned
i need to ask before preordering. This Uncharted 2 beta thingy is US Only? So if i order the uk version of inFamous iam not getting any Beta love right?

Concept17

Rapping Granny said:
Well this thread turned into shit fast.

Yeah. PS3 exclusive threads should be avoided until after the game releases, because at that point the only people posting will be the ones who care/are actually playing the game, and not the ones speculating over what they 'think' the game will be like.

pulga

Banned
This is the first game that has me itchin' to buy a PS3. I've been waiting for GOW3 to come out but fuck, I want this game.

BeeDog

Late to the party, but mega-:lol at the whole Cheech debacle. I guess a lot of people have noticed his allegiance/blatant hating lately.

mr_nothin

Banned
Are we REALLY discussing whether or not water can hurt him?

I'd think he'd die from the electricity 1st, if anything. Also....you know what nvm.

Top Bottom