• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 revealed (Starfire, Red Hood, Subzero announced as DLC)

cbFpGjz.jpg

My predictions.

Chindogg

[QUOTE="D";235844815]People complaining about the DLC that NRS has actually shown you that you are gonna get..and.......its all a sudden a bad purchase now? Something that a lot of other companies have yet to embrace, especially since Injustice 2 hasn't even RELEASED yet.

Just....don't buy the DLC then? I don't understand the anger.

People complaining about Sub-Zero and Raiden but they threw in 2 of the most highly requested characters via Starfire and Red Hood PLUS more in the pipeline, and a possible "Year 2" set of characters if they plan on doing so

Man I'd HATE to be a game developer. You can't win for losing.[/QUOTE]

For those of us who play the game competitively, not buying the DLC isn't an option. We're allowed to not be entirely happy with having two MK characters and a third of the roster being Batman characters when there are so many other, better choices out there for characters.

Lulubop

Developer: Red Hood isn't in this game.

Fans: GIVE US RED HOOD, YOU FUCKS! HE'S ALL WE WANT!

Developer: Red Hood is now in the game.

Fans: ...another Batman character?

Wow, those are they same people saying that! Maybe they have spilt personalities

Skilletor

[QUOTE="D";235844815]People complaining about the DLC that NRS has actually shown you that you are gonna get..and.......its all a sudden a bad purchase now? Something that a lot of other companies have yet to embrace, especially since Injustice 2 hasn't even RELEASED yet.

Just....don't buy the DLC then? I don't understand the anger.

People complaining about Sub-Zero and Raiden but they threw in 2 of the most highly requested characters via Starfire and Red Hood PLUS more in the pipeline, and a possible "Year 2" set of characters if they plan on doing so

Man I'd HATE to be a game developer. You can't win for losing.[/QUOTE]

I buy all characters in every fighting game I buy. I don't like two of the choices because I don't even like the franchise from which they come. I'll buy them when they're at a price I think is acceptable for me.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
For those of us who play the game competitively, not buying the DLC isn't an option. We're allowed to not be entirely happy with having two MK characters and a third of the roster being Batman characters when there are so many other, better choices out there for characters.

I agree with you with the abundance of Batman characters and yeah there's more characters out there that deserve some shine but my thing is despite the rest of the package and the courtesy of at least telling us what's in the first wave of DLC, all of the sudden people go from "oh yeah day 1" to "ehhh this is wack, I'm gonna wait until X amount of time for the GOTY or something to that effect" like the game is suddenly bargain bin material.

No one is every gonna be completely happy with ANY roster in fighting games cause their favorite is either someone is getting removed, or nerfed or buffed too much or whatever but the exaggerations some people have is just crazy.

Like at LEAST give credit where its due, NRS usually packs their fighting games to the brim with other modes and stuff you can do but all of that gets overlooked in conversations like these. This goes for any other fighting game that has suffered from this too

MvC3 absolutely GUTTED my mains, seconds AND third string characters but I still bought them both and played them and had fun cause I took the bad with the good (new character additions, etc etc)

Lothars

[QUOTE="D";235844815]

Man I'd HATE to be a game developer. You can't win for losing.[/QUOTE]It's because those are bad choices. I understand them having one MK character but multiple just sucks because it takes up a spot of a comic character who should be in the game. again there's nothing wrong with DLC but choices will and should be talked about.

[QUOTE="D";235846078]
Like at LEAST give credit where its due, NRS usually packs their fighting games to the brim with other modes and stuff you can do but all of that gets overlooked in conversations like these. This goes for any other fighting game that has suffered from this too[/QUOTE]They do get the credit where they deserve it especially for things like a decent story mode but most times the other modes are not very good.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
It's because those are bad choices. I understand them having one MK character but multiple just sucks because it takes up a spot of a comic character who should be in the game. again there's nothing wrong with DLC but choices will and should be talked about.

Lets hope if there is a "Year 2" pack that they got all their MK shenanigans outta the way. This is probably the only thing about their season pass I don't really agree with but hey it made someone out there happy I guess.

Lothars

[QUOTE="D";235846729]Lets hope if there is a "Year 2" pack that they got all their MK shenanigans outta the way. This is probably the only thing about their season pass I don't really agree with but hey it made someone out there happy I guess.[/QUOTE]

agreed, I will be curious on what dlc characters do come out.

I really wanted Sub Zero to be in the game, but I really don't understand the base costume one single bit and this is coming from someone who liked i1's Scorpion design.

It honestly looks like a mixture of Noob Saibot and Sub Zero... Wait a minute... Triborg... Hm...

est1992

I honestly don't know why Red Hood wasn't in the original game, or even a main in this one. You would think with his back story that he would fit in perfectly for what the Injustice lore is.

fernoca

This is why you should all wait for Injustice 2XL.

Don't support this revolting practice please.

I still don't understand why EA and Activision are always the evil demons when WB is a thing.

Announcing DLC characters and the game is not even released??
Nice job WB.
This is why you should all wait for Injustice 2XL.

Don't support this revolting practice please.

I still don't understand why EA and Activision are always the evil demons when WB is a thing.
How is this any different than other fighters?
Heck, Capcom announced a season pass for MvCI and the first character of it, and that is still 4 months away.

For Killer Instinct they released a complete edition...and then released more stuff.

King of Fighters XIV they had over 50 characters...and then added 4 more for $20 (and a few costumes for $3 each).

And the list goes on.

This game releases in 11 days and they want to sell this passes or just let people know so that they wait.

[QUOTE="D";235846729]Lets hope if there is a "Year 2" pack that they got all their MK shenanigans outta the way. This is probably the only thing about their season pass I don't really agree with but hey it made someone out there happy I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see a Year 2 pack focused on characters like Nightwing, Lex and Deathstroke, that were cut, but are still popular characters and should be brought back in some way.

Tabby

Not a fan of having MK characters in a DC game, It's not like they don't have their own game but that's just me.

"D"

I'd like to see a Year 2 pack focused on characters like Nightwing, Lex and Deathstroke, that were cut, but are still popular characters and should be brought back in some way.

I personally would like to see:

Static
Martian Manhunter
Captain Atom
Aqualad
Beastboy (doubt it, would probably be hell to animate, and NRS is still kinda wishy washy in that category)
and they can gone head and throw Raven back in

SpaceWolf

Banned
Give me:

Constantine.
Plastic Man.
Booster Gold.
Beast Boy.

Guests:
Hellboy
Judge Dredd
V (V from Vendetta)
Rorschach
Dr Manhattan.

Returning Characters:
Martian Manhunter.
Raven.

"D"

Be a cool character people want

I can see Red Hood being a "Batman acrobatics with guns" kinda character.

I know Deadshot is kinda this already but not really...especially without the Batman like gadgets, which is where Red Hood would come in.

Maybe shoot the grapple gun at the opponents feet, drag them in and casually walk up and fire a few round or shotgun in their face while they're still bound

"D"

I didn't think so many people would be taking those silhouettes at face value. They are for sure messing with us.

I'd laugh my ass off for once if NRS bussed a "Who's That Pokemon" meme and totally changed that shit up at reveal

Ryce

I didn't think so many people would be taking those silhouettes at face value. They are for sure messing with us.
Ed Boon likes to mess around and have fun, but this is official NRS marketing. It would be one thing if the silhouettes were blatant and goofy red herrings, but Black Manta has been a highly requested character for years. What does NRS gain by lying about him?

Gleethor

[QUOTE="D";235849948]I'd laugh my ass off for once if NRS bussed a "Who's That Pokemon" meme and totally changed that shit up at reveal[/QUOTE]
That's what they're doing. They've used phoney silhouettes before.

Ryce

Maybe this is older, and they made the trailer more specific, or vice versa.
At least Manta is there in both.
The silhouettes are the same as in the trailer, with two exceptions: Raiden is missing his hat and the third character from the left is completely different.

yTIwT0w.png

I'm starting to think silhouette #3 is Rorschach with the brim of his hat clipped off. It looks a lot like him when added back in.

jfPtJMH.png

vg260

I'm starting to think silhouette #3 is Rorschach with the brim of his hat clipped off. It looks a lot like him when added back in.

jfPtJMH.png

Whoa. You might be onto something there.

Maybe they clipped off stuff from some of the characters to make it less obvious. Could that be cape/chainless Spawn on Manta's left?

SpaceWolf

Banned
The silhouettes are the same as in the trailer, with two exceptions: Raiden is missing his hat and the third character from the left is completely different.

yTIwT0w.png

jfPtJMH.png

Holy shit.

Looks like he's holding his grappling gun too.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom