• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Trailer

Hellboy is a guest character that I'm cool with since he's also a comic book character who happens to have a history with DC crossovers. That said, NRS is leaving opportunities for more DC characters on the table by opting for guest characters.

They also have to plan for Injustice 3. Lots to add and lots to remove

tim1138

Why would Ron Perlman voice Hellboy? He hasn't done any kind of work with the character for almost 10 years. If they wanted to match it up for the movies it'd make more sense for it to be David Harbour, since he's the current Hellboy.

Ryce

No game should ever have two guest characters from a single property. It dilutes the impact of the first guest character (Sub-Zero doesn’t feel special anymore with Raiden also on the roster), and it just makes a lot of people angry.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Yeah, I don't think it's Ron Pearlman. Plus, it may be hard to get him back in the studio to voice interactions with future characters since he's a bigger name.

He'll do anything as long as he gets paid enough. The dude makes boatloads of shitty DTV movies.

I"m really excited for Hellboy and Black Manta. Raiden though? Aside from not wanting him in the game at all, it's not even a cool looking version of him. I know there's gear, but that base costume just suuuuuucks.

But hell yeah to Hellboy!

dawgparty

I am EXTREMELY hyped for Hellboy, but not having a new female character here was a terrible decision.

I'm just kinda over NRS being so goddamn terrible at gender balance. 8/34 characters in this game are female. Not even a fourth of the fucking roster. I realize that this is because they want to make sure they can over-appeal to the 18 year old cheeto boy market but its just disheartening.

Yes, I realize very few people care about this.

Doukou

I'm just kinda over NRS being so goddamn terrible at gender balance. 8/34 characters in this game are female. Not even a fourth of the fucking roster. I realize that this is because they want to make sure they can over-appeal to the 18 year old cheeto boy market but its just disheartening.

Not to mention the the racial diversity for females.
The only non-white women is a skin and Starfire(lol)

Fury451

Banned
Have him record generic lines and fit them in for new ones.

Isn't that what they do in general? There's quite a few instances, especially with recent characters, where their lines are clearly generic fills. It's not like they bring the whole cast in to re-record for every new DLC character that drops.

Compbros

Isn't that what they do in general? There's quite a few instances, especially with recent characters, where their lines are clearly generic fills. It's not like they bring the whole cast in to re-record for every new DLC character that drops.

Most are generic, sometimes they have actual DLC specific ones.

Edit: What they do is record a bunch of specific lines, a bunch of generic lines, and a handful of potential DLC lines. Zod got specific ones in Injustice and Phil Lamaar has said that they had him record some lines as Static for the first Injustice that never got used.

SoulUnison

Banned
I really dislike the MK characters crossing over into this, and now they're doubling down on them.

Hellboy, though. I don't mind crossovers when they're actually comic book characters.

Ryce

What they do is record a [...] handful of potential DLC lines. Zod got specific ones in Injustice
It's different in this game. None of the base characters directly acknowledge Red Hood, Sub-Zero, or Starfire -- only the DLC characters and premier skins do.

Compbros

It's different in this game. None of the base characters directly acknowledge Red Hood, Sub-Zero, or Starfire -- only the DLC characters and premier skins do.

I wouldn't expect Bizarro, I definitely would expect Batman and Red Hood. You're probaly right but Zod was the fourth DLC character and got lines so I dunno.

There's a good chance the ones you want died in the comics. lol

Q8D3vil

Do we have an estimate for male female ratio in dc comics ?

AAK

That falls in line with the average of the other mainstream FG's.

SFV: 9/28
T7: 11/39
MvC:I 4/32
DBFZ: 0.5/?

That falls in line with the average of the other mainstream FG's.

SFV: 9/28
T7: 11/39
MvC:I 4/32
DBFZ: 0.5/?

I feel like it's disappointing because, even though MKX had a similar breakdown (6 females in the base roster), they had made some decent strides for diversity by introducing a gay character fairly thoughtfully. It was also nice to see so much of what made MK9 gross (Sonya and Mileena's character designs/costumes in particular) was wiped out with more practical costumes. Between that and Killer Instinct doing things with the Nez Perce to ensure that Thunder and Eagle had more thoughtful designs, and positive reaction to games like Overwatch introducing real diversity in race, gender and body types, I was hoping Injustice 2 would follow suit. While there's nothing super eye-roll worthy in the characters that *are* present, there's definitely gaps between what we got and what I think would have been a more inclusive roster.

Damn when your own people forsake you

21828-3307-24356-1-blue-devil.jpg

The fact that Raiden is in this pack hurts even more, because we could have had this:

The fact that Raiden is in this pack hurts even more, because we could have had this:
I have to guess that there's a good chance Black Lightning or Static Shock will be revealed as a Premier Skin for Raiden.
- People are not happy about Raiden to begin with and this relieves some of that sting.
- Either of them brings so much needed diversity to the lineup (though locking Cheetah, John Stewart and one of these two behind premium skins feels wrong).

That said, like I alluded to earlier, if Raiden gets some Big Trouble In Little China gear, all is forgiven for me.

Ryce

I have to guess that there's a good chance Black Lightning or Static Shock will be revealed as a Premier Skin for Raiden.
- People are not happy about Raiden to begin with and this relieves some of that sting.
- Either of them brings so much needed diversity to the lineup (though locking Cheetah, John Stewart and one of these two behind premium skins feels wrong).

That said, like I alluded to earlier, if Raiden gets some Big Trouble In Little China gear, all is forgiven for me.
Between the Milestone legal issues and Raiden's lack of a flying saucer, a Static premier skin doesn't seem likely. I'm praying for Black Lightning, though. It's so perfect that NRS would be stupid not to do it -- there's a Black Lightning TV show in the works, and Black Lightning and Raiden have practically identical power sets.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Im sure with all the epic gear choices you can make Raiden look boss as Hell.

But damn he looks like shit in that trailer.

patchday

Im sure with all the epic gear choices you can make Raiden look boss as Hell.

But damn he looks like shit in that trailer.

yeah but his base model looks so bad I wonder how can gear fix it? They are mostly just attachments

We need that Black Lightning skin otherwise I'm definitely not paying for Raiden is how I'm feeling.

Between the Milestone legal issues and Raiden's lack of a flying saucer, a Static premier skin doesn't seem likely. I'm praying for Black Lightning, though. It's so perfect that NRS would be stupid not to do it -- there's a Black Lightning TV show in the works, and Black Lightning and Raiden have practically identical power sets.

And they have a Black Lightning comic from one of the creators of him coming out in early November.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
why raiden?? injustice 1 had scorpion, injustice 2 has sub zero. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED FROM MK

Khezu

The problem with Black Lightning is that he's not Static, not in anyway.

Raiden kinda falls into the category of BL in that they can't get static so lets just throw some other generic lightning guy into the game to make up for it, but it doesn't make up for it, BL is boring.

Raiden at least will sell a lot, and I know he is really fun to play.
Plus he looks like a male stripper.

Black Lighting probably makes a hell of lot more sense then Static though, just because he is getting a TV show soon... I think.

tkscz

Raiden kinda falls into the category of BL in that they can't get static so lets just throw some other generic lightning guy into the game to make up for it, but it doesn't make up for it, BL is boring.

Raiden at least will sell a lot, and I know he is really fun to play.
Plus he looks like a male stripper.

Black Lighting probably makes a hell of lot more sense then Static though, just because he is getting a TV show soon... I think.

Not sure what the problem is. Black Lightning is the better and more powerful character, plus yes, he is getting a live action series this October. I get Static has a lot more nostalgia going for him, but between the two, Black Lightning is the better choice.

Raiden just doesn't fit well here. Johnny Cage fits a lot better (especially had Booster Gold also been there), but Raiden just doesn't seem right, and looks weird.

dawgparty

Do we have an estimate for male female ratio in dc comics ?

Probably similar to the male female ratio in everything else. I get what you're saying. But I'd say Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Batgirl, and Raven prob deserved to come back from the first game. I also would've loved some lesser known characters like Big Barda, Huntress, Jade, Mera, Stargirl, etc. Anyway I'm just bummed we didn't get a lady.

Yo Raiden is straight up wearing a blouse your average female Mortal Kombat character would wear

Titties all out and shit

Fuck, I'm going to think of this every time. Blouse.

Ryce

Black Lightning was the first black character to headline his own DC comic. He means a lot more to DC history than you're giving him credit for.

Drayco21

Guest characters have unsold me on this game; I want more DC in my DC fighter.

If I wanted Sub-Zero and Raiden, I would've bought MKX.

Nuke Soda

Hellboy is only one who does anything for me in pack 2, I hope he plays good and isn't another zoner with his oversized pistol. (Everything I know about Hellboy is from the movies)

Top Bottom