• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

dawgparty

Well timed jumping 2s to put them into hit stun, allowing you to safely move in closer.

Back+3 will go under some high projectiles and counter attack for a combo.

Instantly meter burning back, forward+2 adds armor to it that you can use to go through a projectile for a counter combo.

I think it's more about what you do once you get into attack range. Can't waste opportunities to capitalize on your opponents mistakes.

Nice, thanks. I figured jumping 2 was a good tool to get in with. Just have to make the most of the situation once I'm in. Also have a lot of trouble getting her overheard(the cartwheel kick) to come out. Spent forever in training mode and I can't get it right.

Drahcir

Just started Injustice 2 last night and it's my first foray into a NetherRealm fighting game coming from SF5. I tried Supergirl first and after playing through the character tutorial I felt a little bombarded by the amount of moves (plus their meter burn option) that it felt difficult trying to learn and memorize them all. I'm not the type to learn long and high damage combos either. How do you guys go about learning a character effectively? Is there an Injustice 2 for Dummies guide out there I can learn from? :)

There's that too. Though right now I'm not worrying about boxes. Just noticed my guild is not giving 30+ boxes per day...but per hour?! XD

Checked at 10AM, 11AM and 12PM...and have 144 bronze, 23 silver, 3 gold and 4 platinum.

And now to open each individually. D:

I got 4 guild loot boxes last night :(

Mbrill82

Now joined the Gaf guild. Seems like I'm the first member besides the owner, lol.

First of many I hope! Together we can bring balance to the Multiverse!

I haven't had a ton of time to play yet so I'm not hip to all of it's intricacies but I'm having way more fun with it than I thought I would. I knew it would be good and I'm a comic fan so I was gonna buy it regardless but I did NOT think that it would click with me the way "arcade" fighting games do (like Street Fighter, KoF etc.) I definitely underestimated how much I would like it's mechanics.

There's trophies, daily goals, weekly goals and it's own multiverse. They all contribute to unlocking boxes for everyone.

The daily goals always seem to be done by the time I got on at home lol.

Yeah, if you check the scoreboard after each Multiverse tower, it has a listing for Guild contribution.

Ah okay. I usually just mash X after I clear a multiverse. I am going to have to start doing more of them as I usually only do the ones that offer gear rewards.

Alo0oy

Banned
Is there something wrong with the servers? I keep getting disconnected mid-fight.

EDIT: All those disconnects count as wins, I think I'll get the ranked trophy today this way lol.

bubumiao

Just started Injustice 2 last night and it's my first foray into a NetherRealm fighting game coming from SF5. I tried Supergirl first and after playing through the character tutorial I felt a little bombarded by the amount of moves (plus their meter burn option) that it felt difficult trying to learn and memorize them all. I'm not the type to learn long and high damage combos either. How do you guys go about learning a character effectively? Is there an Injustice 2 for Dummies guide out there I can learn from? :)

https://youtu.be/4BLJ0ouAH_k

First of many I hope! Together we can bring balance to the Multiverse!

I haven't had a ton of time to play yet so I'm not hip to all of it's intricacies but I'm having way more fun with it than I thought I would. I knew it would be good and I'm a comic fan so I was gonna buy it regardless but I did NOT think that it would click with me the way "arcade" fighting games do (like Street Fighter, KoF etc.) I definitely underestimated how much I would like it's mechanics.

I just started to bring justice into the multiverse. I didn't know this mode is THAT crazy. Wow, so much content.

Finally got my Amazon pre-order in the mail, a week late. Can't wait to finally start playing.
9STFsHU.jpg

Mbrill82

Finally got my Amazon pre-order in the mail, a week late. Can't wait to finally start playing.
How do they screw it up that bad? When you originally pre-ordered was it scheduled for release day delivery? I love pre-ordering from Amazon because of the Prime discount but I would hate not getting stuff on release day. I'm already jonesing for that Tekken 7

John Stewart: Still got the SpeedForce?

Flash: Yeah, it's... kind of my thing.

John Stewart: Really? I thought losing was your thing.

Harley Quinn: I'm working for BATMAN now!

John Stewart: Sure, and I'm a ballerina.

Harley Quinn: Don't act like you've never thought about it.

caliph95

John Stewart: Still got the SpeedForce?

Flash: Yeah, it's... kind of my thing.

John Stewart: Really? I thought losing was your thing.

Harley Quinn: I'm working for BATMAN now!

John Stewart: Sure, and I'm a ballerina.

Harley Quinn: Don't act like you've never thought about it.
Deadshot: My shots are getting closer!

Batman: But you're still missing.

Darkseid: My Omega Beam will vaporize you.

Deadshot: Take your shot, make it count.

Darkseid: Unlike you, the Omega does not miss.

No respect for deadshot

JAXXX

some of my favorites...
so Far Harley and Scarecrow's intros are the best IMO.

Black Canary: Got something you need to hear.
Black Adam: You'll be silent, woman.
Black Canary: (scoffs) Ask Ollie how that goes.
----
Cheetah: Mine are real, Catwoman.
Catwoman: We better be talking about claws.
Cheetah: And they are spectacular.
--------

Cheetah: Let's play a game, Quinn.
Harley Quinn: Nah... no playing with "Chee-tahs"!
Cheetah: I'll silence your puns.
----

Scarecrow: Know what your people whisper?
Aquaman: My people respect me, Scarecrow!
Scarecrow: They call you "Half-Breed king".
---
Poison Ivy: Done with the clown obsession?
Harley Quinn: Once you go clown, you never... eh
Poison Ivy: I can see why he dumped you.

Poison Ivy: I thought we were friends.
Harley Quinn: Ivy, we're more than friends.
Poison Ivy: Not anymore.

Poison Ivy: This is our last dance, Harley.
Harley Quinn: You're breaking my heart, red.
Poison Ivy: I'll break more than that.

---
Cheetah: The Bat who loves to fight women.
Batman: It's the other way around.
Cheetah: We can't all be wrong.

some of my favorite clash quotes...

Scarecrow: You're abuela will be next.
Blue Beetle:That's messed up, brah!

Wonder Woman: Damian despises you.
Batman: You can have him.

Poison Ivy: Such a lovely mouth.
Black Canary: The better to scream at you.

Captain Cold: You know, the two of us could-
Catwoman: A pleasure you'll never have.

Scarecrow: You couldn't beat Batman!
The Joker: Best you'll give him is a hangover!

Do Better

Wonder Woman has a short move list and can play kind of like a shoto imo. Her meter burn moves mostly add extra damage and her character trait is mostly random buffs to her existing moves.

erawsd

Did you get a Dark Seid code? They refused to give me one even though I preordered and insist I need to contact WB about it. I feel like returning it and just getting it from BB just on principal.

How do they screw it up that bad? When you originally pre-ordered was it scheduled for release day delivery? I love pre-ordering from Amazon because of the Prime discount but I would hate not getting stuff on release day. I'm already jonesing for that Tekken 7
I think it was scheduled for it, yeah. But it seems that they ran out of stock. I pre-ordered the week before release, so I was bit late. I really wanna get Tekken 7, too. I love me some Tekken.
I want that comic :(
How'd you get the game? The comic was exclusive to Amazon pre-orders...which might have ended up with you having to wait a long time to get it, like me. Heh.
Did you get a Dark Seid code? They refused to give me one even though I preordered and insist I need to contact WB about it. I feel like returning it and just getting it from BB just on principal.
Yeah, I got the Darkseid code. I activated it yesterday. Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you manage to get one somehow.

Someone quickly tell me what input you need to be holding to block that supergirl teleport punch, just had a match where it hit me like 15 times and I knew it was coming every time yet I just never grasped which direction to hold.

also bullshit that when she starts the move and i'm jumping in the opposite direction is still hits you in the arse.

Marvel

could never
Someone quickly tell me what input you need to be holding to block that supergirl teleport punch, just had a match where it hit me like 15 times and I knew it was coming every time yet I just never grasped which direction to hold.

also bullshit that when she starts the move and i'm jumping in the opposite direction is still hits you in the arse.
The opposite, so if you are on left screen and she teleports you need to quickly hold right. Reverse it if you are on the right side of screen.

Try not to jump too, it'll pretty much always catch you out of mid-air.

Fury451

Banned

I think it's a block back from the opposite direction of your placement- so if she comes from the right and you're facing left, you have to high block back to the left.

It ALWAYS switches sides so just block in the opposite direction.

Top Bottom