• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy shit I got hit by a server issue hard.

My GA dropped from 20 to 13 and my Batman from 20 to 10. That's fucking insane. Hours of progress lost.

Gonna try the full restart again but hoo boy. e: yeah that worked. damn that was scary

Khezu

Anyone who has played a lot of player matches with 20 vs 20 characters, how much do stats actually change things?

If you and the people you face both have epics, is it going to be an equal match?

A few characters I like but honestly don't really want to play them unless I can use some of their gear abilities.

Slaythe

Anyone who has played a lot of player matches with 20 vs 20 characters, how much do stats actually change things?

If you and the people you face both have epics, is it going to be an equal match?

A few characters I like but honestly don't really want to play them unless I can use some of their gear abilities.

It can get pretty bad.

If they go full defense, it will take forever to kill them.

My Superman has over 3500 attack power and it took forever to take down a Batman with similar defense.

Likewise if they don't have such defense, my Superman would destroy them in seconds.

Can't imagine what it would be like if you have varied stats. It's pretty awful overall.

bubumiao

The more time I spend with this game the less I feel it got enough testing for certain issues with character hit boxes and completely wrong inputs coming out.

I've on wake up held down back as Robin for example, and as I hold that direction down go for his 2 to prevent a jump in, yet Robin goes for his down back 2 special move instead.

I've had enemies in the corner, or me on the receiving end, where I will do a move that causes my character to go through them, still connect even though we are now ass to ass, and the follow up combo hit still hits ass to ass, but then I get the wrong special move because a down back is now a down forward, etc.

The second I can deal with, but man do I feel like I can do a combo 209384029 times, no extra inputs, etc then go online to do it, and presto it's as if I've never done that combo and inputs just disappear. There is no reason why I should ever drop, say, Robin's 2 1 2 DB2 MB. I've had so many times I get just 2 1, or 2 1 2, but no special move.

-------------

On a separate note I REALLY dig Captain Cold, but his damage output is ass, and his gameplay to create space to charge up his cold gun to get one combo that isn't cheeks is just...ugh. They could've done so much more with this character. I would've much rather they go the Bane route with his cold gun instead, so when it is down and building back up all of his special moves could be worse frame data and less damage.

Has anyone done more than 815 damage with 4 meters? That's the most I have done with Bane. If he pumps in all his venom, then does a splash jump 3, back 2 3, back 2 3, 1 2 3, super, he can do 815 (probably higher if you get all the correct button hits during the super).

Are you sure you have your negative edge and button shortcuts turned off?

kobu

GGs, man. Learning a lot playing you. Thanks for tolerating all the easy wins. :)

GGs once you start confirming into the big damage you'll be good.

Can I just say fuck Black Adam as well there's no reason he should be doing that kind of damage.

I agree with this 100%.

Game coming out I was looking at characters like Cold, Ivy, Fate as fun to main, and here we are with them all doing piss damage. Why does an asshole like Black Adam or Robin get 500+ off 1 meter/no meter with 0 effort?

Feels bad man.

Balance in the initial launch feels butt cheeks because of damage. Personally I don't want to see more than 350 damage for 0 meter on anyone except someone like Bane. To break that should cost 1 meter, and to break 450 should be 2 meters.

When I watch right now it feels very little back and forth takes place. One guy touches a dude 4 times and the game is done.

Yup. With ivy if you want damage you gotta combo into the kiss and fuck doing that online. It's not the hardest thing ever in a fighting game but for injustice it might as well be ibuki sf4 combos

If they just made the input on the kiss a little simpler.. having the forward motion is what fucks it up.

blackflag

Likewise, a handful at 20 now.

Working on Doctor Fate tomorrow then if he clicks I'll take him online. Not much in the way of deep guides or character breakdowns on him yet (unless I am blind) I'd like to learn him properly without just using down forward 1's from distance like I am being told to do by some youtubers.

Setups and good trait usage will be a must for me.

I have a bunch at 20 and can't decide.

Robin
Harley
Batman
Super man
Super girl
Green arrow
Cheetah
Brainiac
Darkseid
Flash
Dead shot

Harley is fun, gonna mess with Robin more tomorrow...never thought I'd like a version of robin in anything

SheHateMe

My wife surprised me with this for my birthday on Sunday and I've been playing it every night. I enjoy it, much like I enjoyed the first one, but I'm trying to stick with one or two characters (Black Canary and Harley) and I'm getting the hang of it slowly.

Multiverse is pretty damn good, although nothing in my eyes has topped World Tour from SFA3, but eh.

I did enjoy the story, so there's that.

Compbros

I agree with this 100%.

Game coming out I was looking at characters like Cold, Ivy, Fate as fun to main, and here we are with them all doing piss damage. Why does an asshole like Black Adam or Robin get 500+ off 1 meter/no meter with 0 effort?

Feels bad man.

Balance in the initial launch feels butt cheeks because of damage. Personally I don't want to see more than 350 damage for 0 meter on anyone except someone like Bane. To break that should cost 1 meter, and to break 450 should be 2 meters.

When I watch right now it feels very little back and forth takes place. One guy touches a dude 4 times and the game is done.

Captain Cold is actually considered one of the top characters in the game. All his strings are safe, ridiculous setups, corner pressure can be overwhelming, so on.

bubumiao

Just realizing how NRS combos work. This game is legit. Feel like there's tons of depth here. The mind games you can play. It's got like everything I want. I'm having fun just learning combos in training mode. I was approaching the game all wrong since release day. It's so fun. I'm gonna play characters I had no intention of touching.

blackflag

Just realizing how NRS combos work. This game is legit. Feel like there's tons of depth here. The mind games you can play. It's got like everything I want. I'm having fun just learning combos in training mode. I was approaching the game all wrong since release day. It's so fun. I'm gonna play characters I had no intention of touching.

Where can I go to find out this secret? I'm trying to play it like SF. Never played MK much except like 25 years ago

Which edition is worth it?

If your a fan of the first game and can see yourself playing well into the full wave of dlc characters, go for the highest priced one. If not just grab the regular one and buy the packs as they come out if your interested. If your not a dlc fighter kinda guy don't spend the extra for it imo.

Been away from the game for 3 days after playing 14 hours on Sunday clearing story mode and the like. Got the itch again, and now work is settling down for the week WOO.

Want to start messing with Captain Cold and Robin, will try to give Wonder Woman and Firestorm another go too. Whats the fastest way to level up lower level characters if anyone has found an "optimum way"

Really really want to play Supergirl but man her button strings make no sense to my brain lol.

Slaythe

Why are there stats and ranking in fucking player match ?

Nobody wants to fight me because of my record, it's extremely aggravating.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

they probably realize they can't cheese you with bullshit by looking at your record

Slaythe

they probably realize they can't cheese you with bullshit by looking at your record

Well yeah but my question is why is this record here at all ?

There's a already a ranked mode, why do player matches ALSO have a leaderboard and displayed stats ?

Xevren

I feel like there's so much I still don't get about guild stuff.

Like what is the "guild members attacking" thing?

Just means they're doing one of the guild missions in the guild multiverse tab, you can go over the missions to see how many specifically.

Marvel

could never

I got this on MKX. Extremely annoying, now my ij2 record is ass but when I had my Deadshot icon and background no one wanted to fight. Now I trick em with a different set and they cannot escape muahahaha

Captain Cold is actually considered one of the top characters in the game. All his strings are safe, ridiculous setups, corner pressure can be overwhelming, so on.
Captain Cold's mixups and setups are DISGUSTINGLY good.
And fun.

But he does feel like a higher skill requirement character.

There's trophies, daily goals, weekly goals and it's own multiverse. They all contribute to unlocking boxes for everyone.
I've seen some people complaining about members "hogging" boxes, how do we know which boxes are ours to unlock? Don't want to fuck anything up for others. Thanks.

Marvel

could never
I didn't even realize our Guild had it's own multiverse, it's tucked away a little small. I'll start helping out.

I didn't even realize our Guild had it's own multiverse, it's tucked away a little small. I'll start helping out.

I actually did the Cheetah boss fight in our last guild multiverse.

I did it like 3 times. Then I saw that nobody else seemed to be doing it.

So I did it 13 times when there was only 8 hours remaining. 13 Diamond boxes!!

Hasney

I've seen some people complaining about members "hogging" boxes, how do we know which boxes are ours to unlock? Don't want to fuck anything up for others. Thanks.

The multiverse events have a limit on them (think they're all 30?) and once they're done, they're locked out.

Depends on the guild you're in. From what I've seen in 5, we're not that active in the guild multiverse so we're just getting boxes from gameplay.

Razmos

I'm not good enough yet to help in the multiverse (I'm in guild 5) but I try to help with the daily objectives as much as I can.

I get absolutely bodied by the AI in even the easiest guild multiverse for some reason

Maybe I'll give it a go with Vixen tonight.

Speaking of, did anyone else not use Cheetah a single time until they got the Vixen skin?
Cheetah is a super fun character, I just hate her design and gear lol

Probity

The multiverse events have a limit on them (think they're all 30?) and once they're done, they're locked out.

Depends on the guild you're in. From what I've seen in 5, we're not that active in the guild multiverse so we're just getting boxes from gameplay.

Do you think that there should be some encouragement for doing the guild multiverse? There seems to be plenty of ways people can help each other on it and if we get through it I think there are like tiers aren't there? If we get them done I think everyone benefits and they're probably not hard to coordinate if at least some of the people inside are active about it.

Emouse

Cheetah feels really good to play from what I messed around with last night, little disappointed that her shaders only really change her armour/outfit tho, I need to learn to do the grab inputs better

erawsd

Is it worth waiting to unlock all the free Diamond boxes (100% tutorial, story mode, ect) until I find a main and hit level 20?

Is it worth waiting to unlock all the free Diamond boxes (100% tutorial, story mode, ect) until I find a main and hit level 20?

The level of gear found inside a mother box is determined when you get it, not when you open it so there's really no point in waiting.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

We do? There's so much to get my head around.I'm still trying to learn basics like the longer combo strings, special cancels, what works for Darkseid...

erawsd

The level of gear found inside a mother box is determined when you get it, not when you open it so there's really no point in waiting.

Yeah I realize that. I have not actually gotten the boxes yet, I was just wondering if its worth waiting to unlock them. For instance, I was about to link my game to the mobile version which gets you a free Diamond box but then I stopped and thought maybe it'd be most efficient to wait.

Yeah I realize that. I have not actually gotten the boxes yet, I was just wondering if its worth waiting to unlock them. For instance, I was about to link my game to the mobile version which gets you a free Diamond box but then I stopped and thought maybe it'd be most efficient to wait.
I meant that the level of gear inside a mother box is determined when you get the motherbox. The random thing is who it's for and what piece it is.

You can get a motherbox day 1, wait a year then open it and it'll still give you level 1 crap if that's what was set for it.

So there's no point in waiting, just unlock them as soon as you get them.

Marvel

could never
We do? There's so much to get my head around.I'm still trying to learn basics like the longer combo strings, special cancels, what works for Darkseid...
We do indeed! it's in the top right corner of the Guild page.

A little easy to miss, only just noticed it myself lol.

Top Bottom