• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

f@luS

More than a member.
Tried and can't do it

After I complete it I get rewards , close the game. Diamond box is one when I download the uploaded save

Édit : ok got it. Shows 5 diamond box. But you even get your credit back it doesn't cost anything ?

Keym

I'm starting to get duplicate abilities.. is that normal? Or is it just because technically I don't have the abilities I earned until I beat the multiverse?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm starting to get duplicate abilities.. is that normal? Or is it just because technically I don't have the abilities I earned until I beat the multiverse?

Doing the glitch? No, you shouldn't get dupes. When you load up your game your abilities haven't synced with the server yet. Make sure you're online, and when you boot up the game, go to practice mode, wait a few seconds at character select then start a match and immediately quit out to the main menu. That'll force a sync and you should only get new abilities from there.

delSai

New multiverses are up, the only one that hasn't been changed is the Red Hood one. Seems like it'll be easy to get Diamond and Plat. Boxes again.

delSai

At work, is it normal lasting times for all of the new ones?

There's one for Firestorm going for 71 hours.
The one we will be able to grind is up for 24 hours. The new ability MV will be there for 5 hours. There's another one going for 2 hours and another one for 5.

Keym

Doing the glitch? No, you shouldn't get dupes. When you load up your game your abilities haven't synced with the server yet. Make sure you're online, and when you boot up the game, go to practice mode, wait a few seconds at character select then start a match and immediately quit out to the main menu. That'll force a sync and you should only get new abilities from there.
That's what I've been doing and I got at least two dupes out of 25-30 tries. How many abilities are there anyway?? I can't imagine doing this the normal way.

patchday

very happy you guys got yer abilities. This will set you up going forward as they release even more heroes increasing the variance even further for getting that elusive ability. So if you can get everything now thats good and it'll be much easier to unlock toys for DLC heroes

Bummer Compbros got eliminated but damn that Scarecrow v Catwoman set was hype as fuck.

Yeah he placed 49th: https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2017/events/injustice-2/standings (which I think is very impressive! He should be proud!)

I didnt see his final match. I only got to watch the first one. Then after they lost internet connection I actually watched the Pokken Tournament for a lil bit (I actually own that game too but barely played it due to kids dominating the Wii U)

edit: Would be nice if we could compile some clips of our Gaf champion's fights

ZeroX03

Banned
That's what I've been doing and I got at least two dupes out of 25-30 tries. How many abilities are there anyway?? I can't imagine doing this the normal way.

I think there's around 150 that randomly drop, plus the two you get from levelling up characters.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ability multiverse is straight up trolling at this point. I think I have every Robin ability BUT Staff of Grayson.

Keym

I have around 82 abilities, not counting the ones I got from leveling everyone up. I don't like these chances...

Q8D3vil

On balance, NRS should just nerf every top 5 character to the fucking ground. I also feels that some non meter moves should be punishable like superman breath for example and some wakeups should have higher punish table.

sinkfla87

On balance, NRS should just nerf every top 5 character to the fucking ground. I also feels that some non meter moves should be punishable like superman breath for example and some wakeups.

Yeeeeah noooo lol. You want the game to be balanced, not make op characters into garbage characters. That is also a problem that NRS has had: Making once good/great/broken characters into digital, animated trash. I would touch damage before anything else with the top 5 characters. Black Adam's damage is way too high and his trait recharges way too fast. Aquaman should have had his chip damage reduced on Trident Rush, the fact that it's still broken blows my mind.

delSai

I'm glad this game has no taunts. Played the PS4 Brawlhalla Beta, got taunted by everyone i got in Ranked and deleted the game. I can take teabagging, but fuck off with taunts. And dont get me started on the PC Brawlhalla Community. Thankfully i haven't run into any jerks in Injustice 1 and 2 yet.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yeah at this point abilites should not have ever been random loot drops. There should have been say, a prestige system where you are awarded a set ability every time you take a character to 20 until you reach max prestige and have them all.

Q8D3vil

Yeeeeah noooo lol. You want the game to be balanced, not make op characters into garbage characters. That is also a problem that NRS has had: Making once good/great/broken characters into digital, animated trash. I would touch damage before anything else with the top 5 characters. Black Adam's damage is way too high and his trait recharges way too fast. Aquaman should have had his chip damage reduced on Trident Rush, the fact that it's still broken blows my mind.

Believe me only way to balance this game is to do it, In MKX Tanya got nerfed like 3 times untill she became balanced lol. NRS are this bad at balancing.
Just do the 3 nerfs in first time and its ok.

vg260

Yeah at this point abilites should not have ever been random loot drops. There should have been say, a prestige system where you are awarded a set ability every time you take a character to 20 until you reach max prestige and have them all.

The random ability drop thing is garbage. I'm not fond of it for shaders, but I could live with those as they are cosmetic. However, having special moves for fighters be stuck in an RNG loot box system with ridiculously low drop rates for some is infuriating and just bad fighting game design. Not to mention them being stuck in gear mode.

If you've been playing a fighter non-stop for a month and don't have all the moves for the characters, the system is messed up. There's a very fine line between keeping players engaged and withholding important functionality that pisses them off.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Finally, after 83 attempts.

4Tc8SJf.gif

So I take it the method doesn't normally steal credits from people? I really wonder where I went wrong, this is frustrating.

Did you mistakenly upload your save from before purchasing the unlock for the event and pay to unlock it each time you replaced your save? That's the only thing that I can think of. I've done 70 runs of this now across 3 events and have earned more credits from the loot boxes than I've spent unlocking the events.

Xeteh

Nope it shouldn't.

:(

Not sure how I fucked up.

Did you mistakenly upload your save from before purchasing the unlock for the event and pay to unlock it each time you replaced your save? That's the only thing that I can think of. I've done 70 runs of this now across 3 events and have earned more credits from the loot boxes than I've spent unlocking the events.

Nah, every time I redownloaded my save the event was already unlocked. I didn't notice until I went to open boxes.

Jake2by4

:(

Not sure how I fucked up.

Nah, every time I redownloaded my save the event was already unlocked. I didn't notice until I went to open boxes.

Wow, i've heard a few people say this but if you did it the right way then you shouldn't have negative credit.

Xeteh

Wow, i've heard a few people say this but if you did it the right way then you shouldn't have negative credit.

No idea what I did wrong.

Bought in to the multiverse and closed the game
Uploaded the save
Did the multiverse, got the rewards and closed
Downloaded save
Started the game, went in to practice
last 3 steps on repeat

Got around to playing Swamp Thing, a lot of fun and looks awesome visually. Can't say I'm a huge fan of his trait (when you stop doing the trail early it shouldn't cancel on damage) and he's just a little too much on the slow side.

Adam is still my main but I feel scummy playing him haha, so I'll probably pick Atrocitus, Swampy or Dr. Fate as my secondary.

patchday

@Xeteh, wow you got punished lol you have my sympathy. I once had negative balance in EVE Online cause the devs punished me for buying isk from illegal farmers. Really sucked getting back to positive.

Finally, after 83 attempts.

4Tc8SJf.gif

wow 83. Yeah I think Staff and Cat Call must have like the lowest ability drop chance. I got them towards the end

Man this rng loot system I am just beyond all words. RNG+ systems already put me on tilt. But this was just poorly done. Thank god for Zero.

Jake2by4

Uploaded the save
Downloaded save
last 3 steps on repeat

As far as I can tell it has happened to people randomly. So hopefully NRS is working on a patch.

Xeteh

@Xeteh, wow you got punished lol you have my sympathy. I once had negative balance in EVE Online cause the devs punished me for buying isk from illegal farmers. Really sucked getting back to positive.

It happened immediately I just never noticed because I had no reason to go in to the Brother Eye menu but yeah, it sucks. I was planning on getting more today before that. I'll get back eventually but it definitely won't be before this is fixed.

Uploaded the save
Downloaded save
last 3 steps on repeat

That sounds right to me. What I've been doing:

1) Bought the unlock
2) Backed out to the main menu, waited for the save logo to go away and closed the game
4) Uploaded save and relaunched the game
5) Did the multiverse event
6) Backed out to the main menu, waited for the save logo to go away and closed the game
7) Downloaded save and relaunched the game
8) Went into practice, started a match, and then quit to the main menu
9) Repeat from step 5

delSai

Theres a multiverse tower with 5 Fights that rewards Plat. Boxes by the way as well as some Credits. It's in the big MV in the middle. No clue what its called.

sinkfla87

Believe me only way to balance this game is to do it, In MKX Tanya got nerfed like 3 times untill she became balanced lol. NRS are this bad at balancing.
Just do the 3 nerfs in first time and its ok.

Wasn't the second time she was patched for the pyromancer glitch? I remember how pissed off that made people if it landed haha. By the 3rd patch though she was pretty bad and almost everyone dropped her. The worst by far out of anyone was Alien though. Fuck that shit. There's got to be a happy medium in there and I don't necessarily want combo options to be reduced because that's a major hype killer in and of itself. When they did that QoL patch for MKX and made run cancels cost more stamina, I was pretty livid.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
wow 83. Yeah I think Staff and Cat Call must have like the lowest ability drop chance. I got them towards the end

Man this rng loot system I am just beyond all words. RNG+ systems already put me on tilt. But this was just poorly done. Thank god for Zero.

Yup, still didn't get Cat Call after all that. I did finally get Reverse Omega Beams though which is another one I've been dying to get.

Top Bottom