• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Oh man, my favorite Red Hood moves involve his knife so Manta having so many knife attacks makes me wanna main him. Did this patch have the new player match options?

Xevren

No I don't want them to improve it, I fucking hate this system. I'd rather the way MKX was over this any day of the week. Now every time we get a trailer I know I can't get excited because seems like so many interesting abilities are just tied to shitty gear. I actually really liked variations a lot and something like that would have been more preferred to me.

vg260

No I don't want them to improve it, I fucking hate this system. I'd rather the way MKX was over this any day of the week. Now every time we get a trailer I know I can't get excited because seems like so many interesting abilities are just tied to shitty gear. I actually really liked variations a lot and something like that would have been more preferred to me.

Yup, I would have much preferred the MKX variation system (even though I wasn't that crazy about it either), and some standard skins.

Did they really say it would take a year to unlock a legendary?
No. They said "it won't take a year or anything" or something to that effect. If you really focus on it, I wouldn't be surprised if most people could unlock legendaries within 100-200 matches. Some of the requirements are "finish x matches with Bane's supermove," so 100 would probably be the minimum. That said, I think most of the requirements are across any mode, so I'm guessing people will find shortcuts and some folks will start unlocking these within a day or two. Only caveat is some of the Legendary Multiverses require x amount of time played with a certain character, so obviously that'll become the minimum.

I'd be fine with this if it was in the game since day 1. But introducing it after most people have already progressed their characters to level 20, done so much grinding, and not being able to grandfather in any of the requirements is pretty rough.

patchday

Right on man the Variations was soooo much nicer then this. I felt like not only did MKX have lots of characters but I felt that it had such a bright future with all the variations. And more importantly it could be used in Ranked / Pro tournaments etc. Sure folks will most likely just settle on one Variation at the pro level but it was great for a guy like myself that just played what I found fun online

Gear just feels so forced (obvious publisher mandated feel)t. Will definitely approach future NRS titles with extreme caution if they utter the word 'random loot' again w/o some sort of crafting system. This shit was just not fun at all. I understand they wanted to grab Casual offline players by the balls and never let go but this was a bad way to go bout it. At least in next title release with Casual Competitive modes upfront and don't have abilities hidden behind the crates

I did buy costumes for all the previous titles tho (MKX, IJ1) and I can say I do really miss those. Gear was an annoying poor replacement

Khezu

Paulo doesn't seem to like variations very much so I don't see them making a comeback.

Gear abilities suck too though.

Would prefer just straight forward characters.

vg260

Paulo doesn't seem to like variations very much so I don't see them making a comeback.

Gear abilities suck too though.

Would prefer just straight forward characters.

I don't really blame him if so. Looked like a balancing nightmare.

Just give the players the same tools and let them have at it. Seems like a fundamental concept of fighters they are struggling with.

tim1138

Man that Legendary Multiverse stuff is some serious bullshit. "Fulfill all these ridiculous stipulations, but oh the counter doesn't go back to when you first started playing, it just started this week!"

Grimsen

Man that Legendary Multiverse stuff is some serious bullshit. "Fulfill all these ridiculous stipulations, but oh the counter doesn't go back to when you first started playing, it just started this week!"

Yeah it's really stupid. The rewards don't seem to be nearly worth the hassle.

patchday

wow NRS is on a roll. They forced Raiden on the community even though there was a huge backlash and then now there is an even more massive backlash for the extreme grind for Legendary items

I knew it was going to be a senseless treadmill but they surprised me by not adding it to loot boxes. Guess they know lots of people are already fed up with that crap and switched to plan B

I will give them their credit where it is deserved though they added ranked sets and Casual Competitive mode. So Bravo to NRS on the online front. Plus Black Lightning will be sweet.

Keym

LOL those requirements. The most offensive has got to be forcing us to play the AI battles. What the hell, NRS.

sinkfla87

On one hand I'm excited for Black Manta and hopefully a balance patch after IPS finals. On the other hand, if Blue Beetle is considered fine the way he is then I have little faith in the next patch. I'm sure deadshot is just fine the way he is too :/. And those legendary requirements are fucking ridiculous.

I don't really like the Legendary Gear. I was hoping for new unique sets or something. I didn't really care about the personal gear slot in the first place.

stn

I'm a bit LTTP regarding legendary gear. Can you only get it in the legendary multiverse? Does every character have legendary sets?

tim1138

I'm a bit LTTP regarding legendary gear. Can you only get it in the legendary multiverse? Does every character have legendary sets?

They're only available in each character's Legendary Multiverse which have ridiculous requirements to meet to even open. Each character only has one legendary item, it's a piece of accessory gear (ie Dex-Starr, Cheetah's tail, Batman's utility belt).

sinkfla87

Legendary gear is only for the accessory slot, has special attributes for non competitive modes and in the time it takes to get one you can watch your first born son wreck the car he asked to borrow to take to his prom.

Ryce

Premiere skin(s) coming. At least one being worked on right now. It was phrased as "will there be DLC premiere skins?" - which is up in the air a bit on if it means a DLC character is getting a premiere skin, or if more premiere skins will come AS DLC for base characters.
I re-watched parts of the stream, and Tyler specified that a premier skin is coming "for a DLC character." It's the last thing he says in response to the premier skin question.

sinkfla87

All we know is that a DLC character is getting one. Nothing more specific.

I feel like this legendary gear stuff could be this game's jumping the shark moment.

Yep, it's kind of there for me tbh. I'm still going to play with my GAF peeps and hopefully compete at tourneys, but other than that I'm not grinding shit lol.

Making your own costumes is awesome farming the items is terrible and not fun at all. I'm moving over to Marvel VS Capcom Infinite next week just because I hate the gear system.

vg260

Making your own costumes is awesome farming the items is terrible and not fun at all. I'm moving over to Marvel VS Capcom Infinite next week just because I hate the gear system.

Yep, it's kind of there for me tbh. I'm still going to play with my GAF peeps and hopefully compete at tourneys, but other than that I'm not grinding shit lol.

I should have added that those there for the gameplay will probably keep playing, but if this was their hook to keep the casuals playing, I think this is going to backfire big time.

If casuals are still playing at this point that's better than most fighting games do. A fighting game will never have casual legs like a Destiny or Overwatch. They should be happy with that and not keep trying to milk them with garbage F2P mobile style hooks that disrespect people's time.

It pisses me off because I like the game, want people to play/learn against, stuff like this just sours the experience for eveyone. NRS games never fail to frustrate me so much despite wanting to love them.

I was so excited about Manta's release, but this turned everyone so negative. I really hope they read this and have some content people want when FP3 comes out.

I should have added that those there for the gameplay will probably keep playing, but if this was their hook to keep the casuals playing, I think this is going to backfire big time.

If casuals are still playing at this point that's better than most fighting games do. A fighting game will never have casual legs like a Destiny or Overwatch. They should be happy with that and not keep trying to milk them with garbage F2P mobile style hooks that disrespect people's time.

It pisses me off because I like the game, want people to play/learn against, stuff like this just sours the experience for eveyone. NRS games never fail to frustrate me so much despite wanting to love them.

I was so excited about Manta's release, but this turned everyone so negative. I really hope they read this and have some content people want when FP3 comes out.

My problem with gear is I just wanna fight and maybe wear a new costume I don't wanna farm super rare gear because the drop rates are stingy at best. I see the new Black Manta gear and I know by the time I get it I'll be sick of the game again. It took me 69 diamond boxes to get one Red Hood helmet and I didn't even have all the default appearances for him until I was 40 chests in. Drop rates are too low to be fun I just wanna fight online and get better. I'd rather play SF5 and buy a costume and have it now than have ai farm multiverses while I read books. I wanna play and in Injustice 2 playing is not the best way to get the best rewards.

vg260

I wanna play and Injustice 2 playing is not the best way to get the best rewards.

Yup.

I complained about KI's player level progression at first, but over time I'm realizing they handled it so much better because at least you were making progress towards unlocks with everything you did in every mode you play.

Yup.

I complained about KI's player level progression at first, but over time I'm realizing they handled it so much better because at least yoy were making progress towards unlocks with everything you did in every mode you play.

And in Killer Instinct if you didn't wanna grind you could straight up buy the looks with cash shop gold so if grinding to level 45 was too much or you had to have it asap you could get it.

patchday

I'm sure I'm still going to be playing at least til DBZF drops. I love what they did with the game overall. Gear system was a travesty from start to bottom but luckily everything else delivers

And man I thought they confirmed Black Lightning that really sucks he's not confirmed yet ;(

And yeah still some balance issues though like Sinkfla pointed out. I hope we wont be seeing lots of Deadshot mirror matches in the pro tourneys

sinkfla87

Yeah I don't see casuals devoting 5000 minutes along with countless other ridiculous requirements to get a fucking gear piece lol. NRS did a great job with story mode and the multiverse in terms of catching the eye of the casuals, but they're kind of destroying that good will things like the legendary gear requirements. That'll just turn people off altogether as they now have introduced gear that nobody in their right mind with a life has the time or the determination to acquire.

And insisting Blue Beetle is fine is quite frankly pissing me off too haha. Chris G had to work his ass off and burn extra meter for what... 28 percent damage? Meanwhile you can low MB Rifle with Deadshot and since his wrist cannons startup and recovery are so quick you'll have more than enough meter regained to chip your blocking opponent out for the win.

Edit: Also there are so many other games out right now. Marvel is just around the corner and I've already spent a lot of my gaming time with destiny 2 lol.

patchday

Yep I'll be giving MvCI a shot as well (PC). Will later get ps4 physical after price drops (I predict that should only take a month or two)

DR2K

Banned
I don't really blame him if so. Looked like a balancing nightmare.

Just give the players the same tools and let them have at it. Seems like a fundamental concept of fighters they are struggling with.

I've never seen an NRS game even aim for balance, they just remove stupid broken shit and leave in the things scrubs like. So,etimes they change things just because they're bored.

I hate the hear system being tied to abilities. Hopefully more people let them know that by the time MK rolls around.

What other games are you guys playing? I was playing Blazblue Central Fiction on PC love the sprites but I'm waiting for the new balance patch to come out on Steam.

patchday

[edit] Was watching yungmonster stream WW last night. He was having some great matches but then he starts grinding for the darn Legendary multiverse. had to switch to watching a pro player (Biohazard/sonic) after that

Hope this legendary business doesnt ruin IJ2 streams. Not a whole lot of streamers left but no one wants to watch them send their bots into battles lol

-------------
IJ2 still my favorite fighter for online play (although I had fun with Tekken 7 online too). I still lab in the game quite a bit and hop online at least once a week in IJ2

I play BlazBlue series purely for the graphic novels/story. I love Guilty Gear but just havent played enough to be competitive

Just got an Oculus rift so been playing lots of space/racing sims in VR along with other titles for it

Trying to finish Horizon Zero dawn as well

Will probably be playing MvCI quite a bit when it drops if online play is good

sinkfla87

I've never seen an NRS game even aim for balance, they just remove stupid broken shit and leave in the things scrubs like. So,etimes they change things just because they're bored.

I hate the hear system being tied to abilities. Hopefully more people let them know that by the time MK rolls around.

Injustice 2 is actually very well balanced with the exception of Deadshot and Blue Beetle needing buffs lol. People must be forgetting SFV season 1 Nash... Or current Balrog.

Some guy already has a legendary fucking hell lol LMFAO a legendary only gives 4 diamond boxes those stingy fucks they don't even cost anything LMAFO.

vg260

Is there STILL no better way to get source crystals than just spending real money? I play for hours every week and I only get a measly 100 or so per level up, which takes ages. It's entirely unproductive.

No. Source Crystal-required stuff is essentially just paid DLC.

Top Bottom