• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Is there STILL no better way to get source crystals than just spending real money? I play for hours every week and I only get a measly 100 or so per level up, which takes ages. It's entirely unproductive.

I get all my source cyrstals with bing rewards points I redeemed 8 bucks worth today for Black Manta.

sinkfla87

So early review of Black Manta as I have been playing him today:

Damage is not that great yet but could be due to scaling on flight cancels, or scaling on rockets.

D1 is 7 frames... BOO.

No real crossup.

Easy 330+ damage on jump 3, b11,u3, flight, 1,3, bf 2.

Has some DIRTY mixups kind of like Red Hood hard to blockables.

F2 will be useful getting in on opponents, if I remember correctly it's only -2 (that might be with the 1 followup) and very fast startup, long range.

B2,2 is a low starter. Slow startup and -4 on block if I remember correctly. Possible gap in string.

2, d1. Low on second hit.

"Zod strike" which is what I call it can be done in air, along with rockets, and Harpoon.

MB teleport punch is hard, maybe impossible to B3 or F3 from. Use b11 starter to continue combo.

Bf1 is eye laser and cause crumple state on MB. Can't find combo potential. Zod strike seems to be best combo ender. Harpoon creates a lot of distance between you and opponent. Can get all 3 air attacks in 1 flight, not sure about holding button down though it's used to stay afloat.

So far, very fun character. Damage is kind of lacking but seems like he's balanced as you can do some dirty shit to your opponent (especially in corner).

patchday

So early review of Black Manta as I have been playing him today:

Damage is not that great yet but could be due to scaling on flight cancels, or scaling on rockets.

D1 is 7 frames... BOO.

No real crossup.

Easy 330+ damage on jump 3, b11,u3, flight, 1,3, bf 2.

Has some DIRTY mixups kind of like Red Hood hard to blockables.

F2 will be useful getting in on opponents, if I remember correctly it's only -2 (that might be with the 1 followup) and very fast startup, long range.

B2,2 is a low starter. Slow startup and -4 on block if I remember correctly. Possible gap in string.

2, d1. Low on second hit.

"Zod strike" which is what I call it can be done in air, along with rockets, and Harpoon.

MB teleport punch is hard, maybe impossible to B3 or F3 from. Use b11 starter to continue combo.

Bf1 is eye laser and cause crumple state on MB. Can't find combo potential. Zod strike seems to be best combo ender. Harpoon creates a lot of distance between you and opponent. Can get all 3 air attacks in 1 flight, not sure about holding button down though it's used to stay afloat.

So far, very fun character. Damage is kind of lacking but seems like he's balanced as you can do some dirty shit to your opponent (especially in corner).

I wonder if we'll be seeing this dude see play at tournaments, etc. Looks like an interesting character tho

sinkfla87

I wonder if we'll be seeing this dude see play at tournaments, etc. Looks like an interesting character tho

So far he seems between mid and high tier. Has some nice normals but scaling on rockets makes multi rocket combos kind of useless :(. The coolest thing is to end a combo in the MB rockets to force high block, and go for some mixups. I'm Green Arrow main through and through (though I like some Grodd) but when this guy is tourney legal I'll be using him.

Garlador

Some CRAZY gear too.
DJiVrX6WAAAbgYW.jpg:large

If you have it put the god shader on Manta and turn him around it makes him look like he's wearing assless chaps. Have you guys noticed nerfed drop rates? I know it's a fighting game and most of you are pretty hardcore into it but I was playing online and it feels like I used to get loot every 3 fights now it feels more like every 6 or 9 fights and the character bias doesn't seem like it does anything anymore.

UberLevi

Haven't played Injustice 2 in a while but Black Manta seems pretty cool. My main character is Doctor Fate, but I'd love to have a back-up zoner who's a little less reliant on it. Would BM be worth the buy if I'm looking for someone with solid zone control but is more of an all arounder? If not, who would be a good alternative? I've played a bit of Starfire and she's pretty fun as well.

Haven't played Injustice 2 in a while but Black Manta seems pretty cool. My main character is Doctor Fate, but I'd love to have a back-up zoner who's a little less reliant on it. Would BM be worth the buy if I'm looking for someone with solid zone control but is more of an all arounder? If not, who would be a good alternative? I've played a bit of Starfire and she's pretty fun as well.
So far, Manta seems more of a mid-range character with some tricky mix-ups/traps than a zoner. I think I heard his damage is not super impressive and his wake-up isn't great as the only real knocks on him. That said, haven't had time to play myself.

Khezu

Honestly there the character bias thing should be 100% who you are using.

Or like you choose a main character, and a secondary, and you only get loot for those two when it's on.

That, and there needs to be a transmog system like Diablo/Warcraft.

Once you unlock a look, you have it forever.

Honestly there the character bias thing should be 100% who you are using.

Or like you choose a main character, and a secondary, and you only get loot for those two when it's on.

That, and there needs to be a transmog system like Diablo/Warcraft.

Once you unlock a look, you have it forever.
I didn't mind it early on, but now what all of my characters minus Starfire, Red Hood, Black Manta and Sub-Zero have dozens of epics in each equip slot, yeah...would be really nice to really be able to focus drops on the new characters.

patchday

So far he seems between mid and high tier. Has some nice normals but scaling on rockets makes multi rocket combos kind of useless :(. The coolest thing is to end a combo in the MB rockets to force high block, and go for some mixups. I'm Green Arrow main through and through (though I like some Grodd) but when this guy is tourney legal I'll be using him.

Say what?! When did you switch to GA?? I've never seen you use him against me guess I got lucky

I guess we havent had a match since Starfire dropped because she's been my main ever since

sinkfla87

Say what?! When did you switch to GA?? I've never seen you use him against me guess I got lucky

I guess we havent had a match since Starfire dropped because she's been my main ever since

Haha I use him in ranked and I used him in the very few tournaments I've been in lol. Really want to go to more tournaments but man I need a better way of tracking upcoming events. My problem with fighting games though is that I get bored sticking with one character so I'm always wanting to learn others, thus less time refining a single character. I consider Grodd my secondary and I think I used him when we played? It's been awhile, we should play again this week!

delSai

Tempted to pick this up on sale from PSN.

What kind of single player content is there? Is it substantive because I will honestly never play competitively or online.
A good story with branching path, so you can replay it one time.
Multiverse has fights with buffs like superarmor or nonsense like drones shooting at you. Some even give you an assist. There's bossfights against stronger versions of the characters too. You'll unlock loot like gear, colors and new moves there. It has lootboxes as well that give you stuff. Then the regular arcade towers with an ending for every character,survival and endless. It has tutorials as well if you need to know the basics. And simple AI battles of course.

I mainly play offline as well, and this stuff has been keeping me more than busy.

patchday

The single player story alone justifies a purchase. It's that good. Afterwards you can complete Arcade towers to unlock the little character endings

But after that, to be perfectly frank, you'll be assaulted by endless multiverse grinding. The only content that changes is the story roleplay text. You'll be fighting the same old dudes over & over & over & over....

But the story is really good, towers, but after that you might get bored and blaze like a lot of other casual gafs has.

I still dont understand why I dont see casuals look at Guilty Gear / BlazBlue those games have over 30+ hrs of single player content between story, arcade modes (that tie into the story), and offline training missions

I'd buy all 3 games if I were you (IJ2, GG Xrd, & BB) if you catch them on sales. I am playing BB exclusively for its single player content starting with the 1st game. I am now on the 2nd game in the series

I uninstalled today after playing pretty much an hour or two every day since release gear ruined this game and if they don't bring it back good riddance.

patchday

I uninstalled today after playing pretty much an hour or two every day since release gear ruined this game and if they don't bring it back good riddance.

Yeah on PS4 it was frankly less of an issue since we could glitch to get all abilities, shaders, etc allowing us to focus on online play

Granted, I never cared much for gear in the 1st place. I intially stuck to Ranked so I could wear rares, etc. But never cared much bout abilities or motherboxes. I hit gold cap as a matter of fact only just recently spent a few million to get Starfire some stuff (since they just recently added the feature allowing us to finally buy motherboxes in groups-- before I just refused cause buying them, 1 by 1 as a millionaire is just insane)

btw I think they just finally fixed the motherbox dupe glitch with last patch but havent even bothered checking. But thats what I read on reddit

Yeah on PS4 it was frankly less of an issue since we could glitch to get all abilities, shaders, etc allowing us to focus on online play

Granted, I never cared much for gear in the 1st place. I intially stuck to Ranked so I could wear rares, etc. But never cared much bout abilities or motherboxes. I hit gold cap as a matter of fact only just recently spent a few million to get Starfire some stuff (since they just recently added the feature allowing us to finally buy motherboxes in groups-- before I just refused cause buying them, 1 by 1 as a millionaire is just insane)

btw I think they just finally fixed the motherbox dupe glitch with last patch but havent even bothered checking. But thats what I read on reddit

It took me 69 Diamond boxes to get one Red Hood helmet and I still never finished a single one of his epic sets aside from the two piece.

I just like looking good but I got to the point where all I was doing was letting my AI fight for me while I watched Sienfield on my phone until I got agitated enough and closed the game.

Thank god I wouldn't want someone stealing Neatherrealms free loot boxes good thing they fixed that instead of every tournament ending with a double Deadshot showdown.

Came back to the game after a few weeks to find Legendary Multiverse and Black Manta released... what a time to be alive and get back into it once again :D. I've had a "gamers thumb" injury since early July which forced me to not play this (and games in general) as much as I had been up to that point.

Man, I'm having so much fun with Black Manta.

I was getting discouraged because I haven't been able to put much time into figuring him out due to work and kids, but I managed to get some quality lab time with him yesterday. Without a doubt my favorite character in the game now. Once you get into his rhythm it becomes addicting. Kinda feels like a Mortal Kombat character.

Also one of the few characters where I prefer the default look. So slick.

delSai

Yeah Manta could possibly replace Cheetah for me. Definitely the most fun DLC character so far.

Finally got all abilities. Got pretty easy since they added multiverses that reward 'em. Got the Keaton Batsuit as well, RNG has been on my side lately.

tim1138

In the past two days I've had three Black Manta shaders drop as post fight rewards. I wonder if they've tweaked they drop rates or if I've just been incredibly lucky?

delSai

Its mostly Starfire and Manta right now, but others obviously too. But then again ive been getting alot of shaders for a while now

Still no Green Sub-Zero tho ~_~

patchday

Now is the time to tune in to the stream they promise some sort of surprise? But guess you'll get spoilers later on youtube

I'll edit this post once it's shown. Probably just Raiden reveal ;(

Raiden + Black Lightning. If you own Ultimate edition Black lightning is included free

Top Bottom