• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Hasney

Probably because after story mode he's like level 9 while everyone else is level 4 or 1.

It's also because the current number 1 accidentally found Batgod settings within the first couple of days of launch.

Batgod: 20 rush, 10 combo, 30 counter.

Went over 300 with those settings and decent gear.

Got my Black Adam and Superman BnBs down pretty solid, this damage seems pretty high lol.

Working on my Dr Fate but I spend the majority of my matches with him zoning.

I wanted to play Batman, but Batman in this game just doesn't really feel that great, maybe it's because Arkham did Batman so well and something about him doesn't really translate to a 2D fighter as well for me. Robin is surprisingly loads of fun though.

Atrocitus and Scarecrow are next up for me to learn, surprised that so many characters feel so fun.

Hasney

30 combos and 30 of whatever the whiff punish stat is called. Blanking on the name of that. All of my gear on her has strength on it. She's hitting like a truck.

She's the 80s now and these fights aren't even close. I don't get it. Around 40-50 there were several close calls but now almost every fight is ending with her still on the first bar.

The AI difficulty doesn't seem to be linear. Once you get through 30-50, it seems to not reset, but be easier for the next 10-30 levels.

Does gear rarity affect how high the stats of a piece of gear can be, or just how rare it is to find it?
So basically, by level 20, do you need to have a full set of epic gear, or can level 20 common and rare pieces give you similar stats if you move the stats from an epic piece to a common one for example?

Hasney

Does gear rarity affect how high the stats of a piece of gear can be, or just how rare it is to find it?
So basically, by level 20, do you need to have a full set of epic gear, or can level 20 common and rare pieces give you similar stats if you move the stats from an epic piece to a common one for example?

Sometimes the less rare gear can out-stat an epic, but once you get an epic with 3 figures in 3 areas, it's hard to top.

I wouldn't bother regenerating non-epic gear.

Staf

Man fuck this story. I choosed
Superman in the ending since OG Superman and WW are my favs. I was hoping for a redemption story for Superman...

Fuck this. At least the gameplay is superfun and that's coming from someone who never plays fightning games.

If you get his basic bnbs down they do 50% with 1 meter lol, and they are really easy to set up and get off.

His basic 212 DB 2 MB, jump 2, forward 2 1 BF3 is a lot of damage. You can set it up with just tossing out a DB 1 boomerange, jump 2 while it is out if you space it right, and go right into it.

His best opener is the forward 2 down 3? The high low, into the DB 2 MB. It is really hard for people to block that online consistently if they don't have Robin experience, or even if they do because it happens so fast.

Thanks for these tips. Been working on it in Practice mode for a bit. Would it ever be recommended to meter burn the Assassin Strike at the end or is it just not worth the meter unless you can take the life bar?

ZeroX03

Banned
Superman in the ending since OG Superman and WW are my favs. I was hoping for a redemption story for Superman...

Fuck this. At least the gameplay is superfun and that's coming from someone who never plays fightning games.

I mean I think it's obvious that wasn't going to happen? Did you play the first one lol

Slaythe

Well he didn't kill
Batman and Supergirl

So that's better than murdering Shazam for no reason. Baby steps.

Staf

I mean I think it's obvious that wasn't going to happen? Did you play the first one lol

No i didn't. Still, Injustice 2 succeeds in shitting on Superman and WW in ways Zack Snyder only could in his wildest fantasies. I'm a DC comics fan but i don't like the Elseworlds stuff.

Still. I really like the game and i see myself playing it for months to come. I hope the name of the next game is Justice though...

ZeroX03

Banned
No i didn't. Still, Injustice 2 succeeds in shitting on Superman and WW in ways Zack Snyder only could in his wildest fantasies. I'm a DC comics fan but i don't like the Elseworlds stuff.

Still. I really like the game and i see myself playing it for months to come. I hope the name of the next game is Justice though...

Well yeah, it's weird for you to complain about Superman when we've known for years this is the guy we've got.

Traditional Superman is in Injustice 1 btw, you can't really complain the series is shitting on him when they've proven they can do him the old school way too.

Staf

Well yeah, it's weird for you to complain about Superman when we've known for years this is the guy we've got.

Traditional Superman is in Injustice 1 btw, you can't really complain the series is shitting on him when they've proven they can do him the old school way too.

This is an silly argument. We just have to agree to disagree.

ZeroX03

Banned

I mean, yeah, it's silly considering you're missing the entire context of a game with a good Superman in it and a justification for how evil this Superman is. I agree you don't really know what you're talking about.

mitchlol

So... How does the online ranked work? I have played a few matches but I'm not seeing any MMR/League Point system like I would in SFV or Dota 2? Do I need to complete some placement matches before something happens?

The Injustice storyline is about Superman being the villian. If they redeemed him it would mean the end of the game and comic series. I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

I tried to give Wonder Woman a shot but while she has some fun moves, she's such an asshole in her story ending that I just don't want to play as her, lol.

So far, I've reached lvl 20 with The Flash, Superman, Batman and I'm getting close with Doctor Fate. Might go with Cheetah or Captain Cold next.

Basically, yeah. Apparently Batman is the bot hotness with how many are up on the leaderboard.

Here's what I ran with:

Now sleep time.

My Black Canary is weak (only level 5), still thought I'd road test her in endless with the stats change. Started this while eating dinner and 40+ minutes later still letting things play out as they are, I don't expect to get to get close to 100 wins (heck I'd be ok with 50-ish lol, I do want to have a few fights where I control the action tonight).

I've had a few close calls - first with Green Arrow. This was a good come back, thought she was doomed, GA had her down to less than half of the red bar remaining while Canary had barely dented the first bar for GA. She barely lost any more damage after her Rocky Balboa style fight back.

Wonder Woman almost got her too.

Brainiac: "Your outfit is anachronistic."
Green Arrow: "It's an homage. To Robin Hood."
Brainiac: "Your legend will not outlast his."

or something similar. Loved the way GA said it.

IbukiLordSA

Does anyone know is this gear is in the main game for Supergirl?

K0uGXtq.jpg

SUPARSTARX

I just want DCEU/TV premier skins.

The mobile Injustice 2 already has a BvS Superman skin and it looks modeled exactly like Henry Cavil likewise.

Where's the rest of itttttttttttttt NRS?!?!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ugh, i hate this Superman even more than DCEU's. Same goes for WW.

Injustice 3 needs to do more to show things from the Regime's POV. That whole side of the cast comes off as extremely unlikable, especially Wonder Woman and Cyborg. At least part of the reason for that is because the storytelling is so one sided.

Injustice 3 needs to do more to show things from the Regime's POV. That whole side of the cast comes off as extremely unlikable, especially Wonder Woman and Cyborg. At least part of the reason for that is because the storytelling is so one sided.

That would be like trying to tell the story of America through the eyes of the GOP. A pure denial of reality.

Slaythe

They lost that moral superiority the moment Superman executed a child.

"Billy wasn't a criminal!" is the entire reason Flash defects in the first game.

Superman succumbed to his rage. That's not the case anymore. In the comics he has shown regrets regarding the casualties of this war.

His depiction in Injustice 2 shows a drastic difference in behavior.

He wants a second chance at it, to avoid what went wrong the first time. He doesn't want to kill anybody that doesn't deserve it. And his primary goal is still eradicating crime.

Garlador

Superman succumbed to his rage. That's not the case anymore. In the comics he has shown regrets regarding the casualties of this war.

His depiction in Injustice 2 shows a drastic difference in behavior.

He wants a second chance at it, to avoid what went wrong the first time. He doesn't want to kill anybody that doesn't deserve it. And his primary goal is still eradicating crime.

"Batman will fail because he won't go FAR ENOUGH."

Yeah... I'm not sure about that.
"When this is over, you're either with me, or against me."

He's not sorry, doesn't regret the regime or what it stood for, and he can lament "the casualties of war" all he wants, but it was his war and his casualties.

LiK

I do love Supergirl in the story mode however.

I'm a fan of anyone voiced by Laura Bailey.

I actually didn't notice it was her until I saw a video listing the VAs in this game. Now I notice it more in a few lines she does.

But I agree, that I really like her character. It was pretty fun for them to bring her in to replace Superman. Curious where they take her in the comic spin-offs.

They lost that moral superiority the moment Superman executed a child.

"Billy wasn't a criminal!" is the entire reason Flash defects in the first game.

Well Supes killed the Green Arrow before Injustice 1 so I would say he never had it. Once he murdered the Joker it was all over.

(Also if Green Arrow is dead how is he in Injustice 2, is this the GA from the alternate earth?)

Well Supes killed the Green Arrow before Injustice 1 so I would say he never had it. Once he murdered the Joker it was all over.

(Also if Green Arrow is dead how is he in Injustice 2, is this the GA from the alternate earth?)
Doctor Fate brought a Green Arrow from another dimension to this one. It's why he says stuff like "I know I'm the new guy"

LiK

Doctor Fate brought a Green Arrow from another dimension to this one. It's why he says stuff like "I know I'm the new guy"

Doctor Fate brought him over? He's not the alt version from the first game? Did I miss one of the comics where they explain this?

Top Bottom