• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

noomi

Dpad or analog?

Analog I have a hard time with, the dpad is better, but harder for me to do those special moves like down, forward, square for example.

I feel like no amount of practice will make me good.

Doctor Fate brought him over? He's not the alt version from the first game? Did I miss one of the comics where they explain this?
I haven't read the comics yet but that's what I've gathered from the people talking about it in the pre-release roster discussion thread.

It's definitely talked about in the comics.

Reminds me of when I said Fuck F.A.N.G on sfv's launch lol.

Thankfully I do not enjoy that playstyle, you can rushdown nicely with DS. No one blocks his low overhead either atm.
Fortunately for you, no one plays FANG anymore.

And no one will play Deadshot either once NRS nerfs him way too hard and he starts sucking.

Man, just how freaking annoying is it that he has a low into an overhead into a move that knocks him out of punish range. Like just... why. Either have him commit it to it or don't have such stupid mixups.

LiK

I haven't read the comics yet but that's what I've gathered from the people talking about it in the pre-release roster discussion thread.

It's definitely talked about in the comics.

I dunno, I read the comics and I don't remember a single one where they mention Fate bringing him. It's been a while tho. I also thought Black Canary died in the comics about she's in the game. Guess I'll need to do some research on what happened before this game. I feel like I'm missing something.

Slaythe

"Batman will fail because he won't go FAR ENOUGH."

Yeah... I'm not sure about that.
"When this is over, you're either with me, or against me."

He's not sorry, doesn't regret the regime or what it stood for, and he can lament "the casualties of war" all he wants, but it was his war and his casualties.

Well at the same point in time, Batman allowed Joker to cause an unprecedented genocide.

Cut his arms and legs off, IDK. Send him to the phantom zone. "Nah let's put him in Arkham for the 8545648648954891087456048945648th time, I'm sure he won't escape this time." seems like a sound plan.

"If you're not with me you're against me". Well yes. What else could it be ? lol

He didn't kill Supergirl. Plus his goal isn't to "kill bad guys", it's to dissuade them to act badly or face consequences.

And he does want to exterminate godlike threats like Brainiac. Considering all they've lost fighting him, it's kind of a logical thing to do.

Cheetah belongs to my partner's brother and Catwoman belongs to me.

DAbkGU0XsAADxVz.jpg:orig

DAbj-kwXsAIuRis.jpg:orig

DAbj1vzWsAAc02v.jpg:orig

Slaythe

I dunno, I read the comics and I don't remember a single one where they mention Fate bringing him. It's been a while tho. I also thought Black Canary died in the comics about she's in the game. Guess I'll need to do some research on what happened before this game. I feel like I'm missing something.

Canary was healed and sent to another earth by Dr Fate. There she met the Oliver Queen who had lost his "Canary". They have a child together. Fate brought Canary back to her world, and the other Oliver followed.

LiK

Canary was healed and sent to another earth by Dr Fate. There she met the Oliver Queen who had lost his "Canary". They have a child together. Fate brought Canary back to her world, and the other Oliver followed.

Is there a comic tie-in to this? No wonder Fate was all worried about them.

Garlador

In the comics, Black Canary "died" fighting Superman to avenge Green Arrow, and at this point, Doctor Fate quite literally said "fuck it."
b9ad5216492b93ebfd69090ea3aa2dd8.jpg

He then healed Black Canary and took her to an alternate dimension with a different Green Arrow. There, Canary settled and raised her son.

Then, for Injustice 2, Batman had Fate seek them out for assistance.

The comic is SUPER good and I recommend reading it whenever you are able. Tom Taylor is fantastic as the writer, and the banter between the Queen family is priceless.

Well at the same point in time, Batman allowed Joker to cause an unprecedented genocide.

Cut his arms and legs off, IDK. Send him to the phantom zone. "Nah let's put him in Arkham for the 8545648648954891087456048945648th time, I'm sure he won't escape this time." seems like a sound plan.

"If you're not with me you're against me". Well yes. What else could it be ? lol

He didn't kill Supergirl. Plus his goal isn't to "kill bad guys", it's to dissuade them to act badly or face consequences.

And he does want to exterminate godlike threats like Brainiac. Considering all they've lost fighting him, it's kind of a logical thing to do.
Harley reformed completely, and you're damn sure Superman wants her blood.

In fact, Harley's reformation is why Batman is so entrenched in his beliefs, because Superman viewed her as beyond salvation - like the Joker and so many others - yet she does turn things around. "Main universe" Superman even comments on that.

Anyone can change. That's Batman's whole philosophy of why he doesn't kill. Harley has blood on her hands too, but she turned things around.

I can't figure out how to share my screen caps from Twitter.

Right click on the image, select "copy image address" if you're on Chrome.

Else, open the image in a new tab and copy the URL.

Then just post it like this [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAbj1vzWsAAc02v.jpg[/IMG]

Also, I'd suggest adding :eek:rig to the end of the URL to make the original, high quality picture show up. Like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAbj1vzWsAAc02v.jpg:orig

Then just post it like this [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAbj1vzWsAAc02v.jpg[/IMG]

It's because I'm on my iPad. It won't allow me to view the image properly.

LiK

In the comics, Black Canary "died" fighting Superman to avenge Green Arrow, and at this point, Doctor Fate quite literally said "fuck it."

He then healed Black Canary and took her to an alternate dimension with a different Green Arrow. There, Canary settled and raised her son.

Then, for Injustice 2, Batman had Fate seek them out for assistance.

The comic is SUPER good and I recommend reading it whenever you are able. Tom Taylor is fantastic as the writer, and the banter between the Queen family is priceless.

Ahhhh, I remember the panel but I didn't remember that happening. I guess the shock of Canary almost dying probably fucked up my memory of it. I should've reread them before playing the game. Thank you so much for the panels.

Also, I'd suggest adding :eek:rig to the end of the URL to make the original, high quality picture show up. Like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAbj1vzWsAAc02v.jpg:orig

Fixed it. I opened Twitter in Chrome and was able to access the correct links I needed. I used the ":eek:rig" you suggested too; thanks for the help.

sephi22

To the people complaining about not getting gear for your mains, did you check the option for varied gear in options?, I think it's on by default and you can turn it off yo prioritize gear for the character you're using. I don't have the game yet so not too sure how well it works

Wait what?

Did a bit of googling. It's called Gear Drop Character Bias under Gameplay in options.
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6bjx8o/gear_drop_character_bias/

Again, don't have the game so can't vouch for it's effectiveness

Dpad or analog?

Analog I have a hard time with, the dpad is better, but harder for me to do those special moves like down, forward, square for example.

I feel like no amount of practice will make me good.

D-Pad.

Make sure you turn release check, input shortcuts etc. Off in the wireless controller settings. Just turn everything at the bottom to off, except for the option that lets you use multi button macros on the shoulder buttons for throws.

Unlike other fighting games, if you need to do a move that is down, forward, square, you don't roll across with a hadoken motion, you can just tap down then forward then square in quick succession.

LiK

I enjoyed using Darkseid in the Multiverse mode. I wanna get good with him so I can bring him online. He seems good to punish all the zoners in Ranked. Love his Omega Beam and teleports combined with his rushdown.

I enjoyed using Darkseid in the Multiverse mode. I wanna get good with him so I can bring him online. He seems good to punish all the zoners in Ranked. Love his Omega Beam and teleports combined with his rushdown.

I just received his Reverse Omega Beams from a Mother Box. It replaces his Air Omega Beams. I'm looking forward to trying them out online.

noomi

D-Pad.

Make sure you turn release check, input shortcuts etc. Off in the wireless controller settings. Just turn everything at the bottom to off, except for the option that lets you use multi button macros on the shoulder buttons for throws.

Unlike other fighting games, if you need to do a move that is down, forward, square, you don't roll across with a hadoken motion, you can just tap down then forward then square in quick succession.

This is a fantastic tip, thank you very much. I looked at those options and really didn't know what most of them mean.

Thanks again!

This is a fantastic tip, thank you very much. I looked at those options and really didn't know what most of them mean.

Thanks again!

No problem. Those options are there as training wheels pretty much, but they can screw your inputs up, so it's best to disable them.

Release Check means letting go of a button counts as an input rather than actually pressing it first. I've personally NEVER heard of anyone who preferred it or had better execution with it on so I'm still baffled why they keep it on as default.

Input shortcuts just means that doing a proper fireball motion will still count as a down+forward or down+back,etc motion.

Hasney

Release Check means letting go of a button counts as an input rather than actually pressing it first. I've personally NEVER heard of anyone who preferred it or had better execution with it on so I'm still baffled why they keep it on as default.

Input shortcuts just means that doing a proper fireball motion will still count as a down+forward or down+back,etc motion.

That's not shortcuts, shortcuts says something like helping non perfect input, like accidentally doing back to down-forward instead of just forward still registering.

The Street Fighter style input is just called alternate I think and it's one or the other. You can't have it on and roll a half circle for back forward inputs.

LiK

That sounds god awful.

Input shortcuts sounds fine. I do play it like SF lol

That's not shortcuts, shortcuts says something like helping non perfect input, like accidentally doing back to down-forward instead of just forward still registering.

The Street Fighter style input is just called alternate I think and it's one or the other. You can't have it on and roll a half circle for back forward inputs.

Ahh yes, my mistake.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm re-posting GAF's 6th Guild information.

ID: 8BZHG

When you apply, write in your GAF username or quote me here, I have a lot of pending applications with no usernames. We're up to 36 members now.

Sephzilla

Superman succumbed to his rage. That's not the case anymore. In the comics he has shown regrets regarding the casualties of this war.

His depiction in Injustice 2 shows a drastic difference in behavior.

He wants a second chance at it, to avoid what went wrong the first time. He doesn't want to kill anybody that doesn't deserve it. And his primary goal is still eradicating crime.

Superman's logic in IJ2 is that he still feels Batman won't go far enough when it comes to fighting crime. Not to mention Superman's ending also has Superman straight up
stripping Batman's free will away.

God. Fighting Brainiac is frustrating. He has way too much health for it to be fun.

Yeah, I wonder if NRS will ever realize that fighting bosses who have tons of health and ridiculous damage output isn't fun.

LiK

I'm re-posting GAF's 6th Guild information.

ID: 8BZHG

When you apply, write in your GAF username or quote me here, I have a lot of pending applications with no usernames. We're up to 36 members now.

I did that last night. Am I in? ;)

Sou Da

Superman's logic in IJ2 is that he still feels Batman won't go far enough when it comes to fighting crime. Not to mention Superman's ending also has Superman straight up
stripping Batman's free will away.

Let's not pretend that Superman has ever been written reasonably in Injustice outside of the comics.

Sephzilla

Oh, finished the story mode over the weekend. Loved it. I like how they're really setting up
Wonder Woman
as the real villain of the franchise since
she is the one who really caused Superman to turn and seemingly can't own up to it.

Lokimaru

Funny how Dr. Fate couldn't intercede on Lois's behalf. But then even if they had Superman probably still would have gone to the Darkside because reasons causing Lois to hook up with Bruce because fuck if I know. Like I said Magneto gets more sympathy and redemption in the X-men series then Superman ever does in this game. But then Magneto has the ever compassionate Xavier in his corner while Superman has an emotionally dead hypocrite in his.

Funny how Dr. Fate couldn't intercede on Lois's behalf. But then even if they had Superman probably still would have gone to the Darkside because reasons causing Lois to hook up with Bruce because fuck if I know. Like I said Magneto get more sympathy and redemption then Superman in this game. But then Magneto has the ever compassionate Xavier in his corner while Superman has an emotionally dead hypocrite in his.
Canary still had some life left in her. Lois and her daughter died in space where only Superman was.

Marvel

could never
He is REALLY good, I took him straight online after only spending an hour with him in training. He's a counter to a lot of characters, high damage, excellent zoning, simple enough combos and one of if not the best super in the game imo.

I'm going back to him once I have nailed some hard deadshot combos online.

I wish the Replay mode was better. It just plays through the entire match, even the intros and the only option available is to show/hide inputs.

It should have a fast forward, skip ahead/backwards, pause, and frame by frame option.

Skilletor

Gaming the system.

I like it.

I just want shaders. :/

They're pretty ridiculously priced, or else I'd just spend real money on them.

Brought my Vita to work today just for that reason. Can't really have it out all day, but will turn it on during breaks.

I have my laptop and have it running int he background so it's not suspicious looking...other than my DS4 out in the open, lol.

Top Bottom