• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Khezu

They must have been really dissatisfied with him, not showing or talking about him again after the game reveal and now changing his looks . :/

Out of all the characters he really did feel the most unfinished, so it's no surprise they went dark on him.

His face looked like it was made out of playdough.

Tyaren

Out of all the characters he really did feel the most unfinished, so it's no surprise they went dark on him.

His face looked like it was made out of playdough.

I'm still wondering what actually went wrong with his initial face or what the artists were thinking?

33660995216_b748d96077_o.jpg

Why would you give the ruler of the seas, an athletic, tall super human such an unremarkable, pudgy, unappealing face? It's like they actually tried hard to make it as unappealing as possible. Then they suddenly realized (after lots of promo material of him, which is now a waste): Nah, lets actually make him super handsome.?

sinkfla87

I'm still wondering what actually went wrong with his initial face or what the artists were thinking?

Why would you give the ruler of the seas, an athletic, tall super human such an unremarkable, pudgy, unappealing face? It's like they actually tried hard to make it as unappealing as possible. Then they suddenly realized (after lots of promo material of him, which is now a waste): Nah, lets actually make him super handsome.?

Left side image: "That's okay man 'cuz I got no self esteem, OH WAYEEE YEEEAAH YEAH YEAH.... YEAH YEAH YEAH."
Right side image: "I will break you."

Khezu

I'm assuming it straight wasn't done, but they needed him in the build.
So they just threw that together with their new face scanning tech to get something playable.

Sesha

The old model blatantly shows the same claylike feel that Supergirl's debut model also had, so it's pretty obvious in retrospect that the model just wasn't finished.

Incidentally, I like that the new model kept the widow's peak.

Is this more complex to get good at for novices at fighting games? I tried to "git gud" at MKX on PS4 but found combos were kinda hard to pull off. Is Injustice 2 more easier to get into and get better at? I spent a lot of time trying to learn combos but idk, felt like I was banging my head against the wall. Also what do all the fighting terms mean in this game?

Sesha

Is this more complex to get into for novices at fighting games? I'd try to get to "git gud" at MKX on PS4 but found combos were kinda hard to pull off. Is Injustice 2 more easier to get into and get better at?

I think they've stated that this is more beginner friendly.

Slaythe

Is this more complex to get good at for novices at fighting games? I tried to "git gud" at MKX on PS4 but found combos were kinda hard to pull off. Is Injustice 2 more easier to get into and get better at? I spent a lot of time trying to learn combos but idk, felt like I was banging my head against the wall. Also what do all the fighting terms mean in this game?

Some characters are heavy on execution, but many of them have very easy game plan and combos.

I can't see a character like Firestorm being really hard for newcomers.

MKX had almost the same "entry level" for every character, this isn't the case here.

Compbros

Vman and I have been invited to do a local "meet the pros" kinda thing at a game store for Injustice 2's release. This may entail getting to play I2 before release but we have no clue yet. If anyone is in Michigan feel free to drop by when we get a solid time.

opricnik

Banned
You need to find a easy character at first.scorpion,cage,kano was easy on mkx

sinkfla87

Vman and I have been invited to do a local "meet the pros" kinda thing at a game store for Injustice 2's release. This may entail getting to play I2 before release but we have no clue yet. If anyone is in Michigan feel free to drop by when we get a solid time.

Dude, that is fucking awesome! I got friends in Michigan... damnit, I should visit them more lol (like next month).

Chindogg

Which "pros" are we talking about lol.

Scotia

Banned

God, he looks so bad on the left. Like, what the fuck where NRS thinking showing off Aquaman as one of the first characters while he was looking like that. I'm really glad NRS fixed his face, he looks so much better now.

Compbros

Wasn't it stated somewhere that boon initially wasn't gonna showcase I2 at E3 because he thought it wasn't in a state to show yet but decided to add it last minute? Well, as last minute as you can for E3.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that boon initially wasn't gonna showcase I2 at E3 because he thought it wasn't in a state to show yet but decided to add it last minute? Well, as last minute as you can for E3.
I think so?

I would love if another Kollection was announced at E3 to celebrate 25 years of Kombat btw.

Tyaren

Have there been any news of extras to unlock as in the first Injustice, like concept art, music a character model viewer?

I have that feeling too. Though it isn't a completely adequate replacement of the original character model viewer.

Well you can zoom in and out, change the camera angle and have the model stand in a pedestal front and center without any menu clutter.

What more can one expect :D

Tyaren

Well you can zoom in and out, change the camera angle and have the model stand in a pedestal front and center without any menu clutter.

What more can one expect :D

Oh, really? Thought you can only rotate and maybe zoom in one level more in IJ2. Is there a video that shows these additional features?

Oh, really? Thought you can only rotate and maybe zoom in one level more in IJ2. Is there a video that shows these additional features?

Not sure if there's a video. Maybe it was in the gear video they put out recently, but I remember them having the characters front and center on a pedestal, with the ability to pan around.

I'm not entirely sure if you could zoom in but I'd be legit surprised if you couldn't.

sinkfla87

Damn I think I am getting old, too slow haha. I was about I share that news about Ivy. Can't wait! They keep hyping her up, saying she's very unique so I can't wait see how she plays.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
They need to stop fucking around and show some more Black Adam. He's the sole reason why I check YouTube/these threads daily for new videos/info.

C'mon Netherrealm

Tyaren

Imo the most attractive female character in the game. (Please give us a proper character viewer, lol. XD) Really looking forward to the trailer.

Top Bottom