• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Slaythe

Oh wow wtf ...

I didn't know they had localized dubs for Insjutice 2 that's cool.

If you care, the french Joker voice, is the french Heath Ledger voice from The Dark Knight. Interesting choice.

delSai

Oh wow wtf ...

In I1 you had to change the consoles settings to english to change the dubs which was a pain, i hope that now it's in the games options. The German Voice Acting was awful.

Oh wow wtf ...

If you care, the french Joker voice, is the french Heath Ledger voice from The Dark Knight. Interesting choice.

Mexico got a special dub for the game as well. And just like the french dub, they got back all the VAs who had voiced the characters on recent movies.

Ryce

Wow, that throw is a massive downgrade. The brick wall kick better have been repurposed into a combo string or something.

Green Lantern was the character I decided to take online and finally play against other players with this last week or so. Is he considered any good in the first game? I mean, I enjoy using him.

This french version of the Joker called "Le Joker" could be from the alternate Earth Green Arrow is from and he somehow also gets transported to this earth.

Tyaren

This french version of the Joker called "Le Joker" could be from the alternate Earth Green Arrow is from and he somehow also gets transported to this earth.

Lol, seriously? XD
This clip is just from the French localisation of the game. It will still be The Joker in English or Der Joker in German.

Goodstyle

HOLY SHIT THE JOKER!!

Guys, I actually do like his design, but I'm thankful you can change it so we can look more classic with gear.

Another thing! This Joker is 100% the one from the Injustice verse. Pay attention to his chest, there seems to be some grafting going on there, like it was put back together.

mas8705

LOL the Joker video is down

Considering how bad the gameplay was from both players, I'm not shocked at all. But you know what they say about what happens when something gets leaked on the web.

Main thing I think people want to know though is just who this Joker is considering the whole "Superman performs fatality on Joker" issue that we love to keep talking out...

Xenoboy

Is it just me, or does Wonder Woman's intro animation weird? It looks so hillarious when she bangs her shield with the sword. What is it supposed to convey? It's like she's playing a cymbal.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Is it just me, or does Wonder Woman's intro animation weird? It looks so hillarious when she bangs her shield with the sword. What is it supposed to convey? It's like she's playing a cymbal.

Actually, according to ancient texts....it was a historical move utilized by the armies of Ancient Greece as a symbolic means of "purifying" your shield of the split blood of past enemies in preparation for battle, in addition to serving as a cocky means of inviting your enemy combatant to engage you on the field.

Just kidding. It just looked cool, I guess.

Neoxon

HOLY SHIT THE JOKER!!

Guys, I actually do like his design, but I'm thankful you can change it so we can look more classic with gear.

Another thing! This Joker is 100% the one from the Injustice verse. Pay attention to his chest, there seems to be some grafting going on there, like it was put back together.
But who'd have the balls to resurrect Joker? Maybe Harley, but she's moved past Joker on Regime Earth & is now buddy-buddy with Bruce.

Ryce

But who'd have the balls to resurrect Joker?
AZeV6rb.jpg

Post-credits scene with Joker rising from the pit and Ra's looking on. Believe.

Tyaren

I bet NR Studios are super disappointed that their grand reveal of The Joker was completely ruined like that. Yeah, we all knew by now he was going to be in there, but it still would have had more Impact if NRS could have orchestrated his reveal with a cool new trailer, presented exactly how they wanted him to be presented. This gameplay vid was pretty terrible and The Joker imo looked pretty bad in there. Not a fan of his design at all personally.

Khezu

I bet NR Studios are super disappointed that their grand reveal of The Joker was completely ruined like that. Yeah, we all knew by now he was going to be in there, but it still would have had more Impact if NRS could have orchestrated his reveal with a cool new trailer, presented exactly how they wanted him to be presented. This gameplay vid was pretty terrible and The Joker imo looked pretty bad in there. Not a fan of his design at all personally.

I don't think they had a grand reveal planned.

Seemed more like the marketing team forgot he was in the game for awhile, and since he probably has nothing to do with the story, they just threw him out last as something to fill out that random stream.

JAXXX

looks awesome to me.
i do however think her hair looks too narrow on the sides when you are viewing her forward. makes her head look small.

Injustice-2-16.png

it also doesnt or barely moves esp the back.
doing the last part of her super she is flying around and her hair doesnt move at all...LOL

Seemed more like the marketing team forgot he was in the game for awhile, and since he probably has nothing to do with the story, they just threw him out last as something to fill out that random stream.

They put the stream on 28/4 or in the US 4/28 AKA the issue where Joker kills Jason. They wanted to hype him returning unlike every other returning character who didn't get solo trailers.

JAXXX

nah...us seeing it now doesnt stop a reveal to casual fans. They don't seek out and search the ends of the earth for INJUSTICE news. IGN, Max ect will put up the proper reveal ...and they will see that. we already knew about the whole cast.

Tyaren

Uh...I thought there is a reveal planned for the 28th and that since a long time? They actually made quite a big fuss about it.

nah...us seeing it now doesnt stop a reveal to casual fans. They don't seek out and search the ends of the earth for INJUSTICE news. IGN, Max ect will put up the proper reveal ...and they will see that. we already knew about the whole cast.

That's true however. 95% of all people will see him first when he is properly revealed in a couple of days.

it also doesnt or barely moves esp the back.
doing the last part of her super she is flying around and her hair doesnt move at all...LOL

Wonder Woman uses Wonder hairspray. ;)

Khezu

Uh...I thought there is a reveal planned for the 28th and that since a long time? They actually made quite a big fuss about it.

That's true however. 95% of all people will see him first when he is properly revealed in a couple of days.

It's exactly the same as all the other reveals, a date on the website.
The stream they are doing isn't about Joker, just general marketing, and maybe DLC news.

Tyaren

It's exactly the same as all the other reveals, a date on the website.

I don't remember any of the other characters getting a special reveal announcement weeks/months prior. They saved the Joker for last, with a special reveal, that is imo not like all other reveals.
I don't even care, because I'm not a Joker fan at all and even I got mildly excited. XD

I wish we could change characters hair, not gonna lie.

Superman with long hair, Robin with the bang, etc...

I bet we will see something like this, maybe as DLC. There's also Aquaman's hairdo and beard from the mobile game...

Khezu

I don't remember any of the other characters getting a special reveal announcement weeks/months prior. They saved the Joker for last, with a special reveal, that is imo not like all other reveals.
I don't even care, because I'm not a Joker fan at all and even I got excited. XD

The DC access stream is about Injustice 2 in general.
They just threw the Joker in there because they had nothing else planned for him.

I doubt they will do anything special or devote a whole lot of time to him.
Probably show a trailer and then get it out of the way so they can use a finally use a final build of the game with out having to hide anything.

bubumiao

I've never played the Batman Arkham games, but now I really want to so my plan is to play Origins on ps3 first -> Return to Arkham (Asylum then City) -> and finally Arkham Knight.

Is that better than just going in order of release?

Certinty

I've never played the Batman Arkham games, but now I really want to so my plan is to play Origins on ps3 first -> Return to Arkham (Asylum then City) -> and finally Arkham Knight.

Is that better than just going in order of release?
You could do that but going from Origins to Asylum wouldn't be pleasant gameplay wise.

That would be the biggest issue I reckon.

bubumiao

You could do that but going from Origins to Asylum wouldn't be pleasant gameplay wise.

That would be the biggest issue I reckon.

Oh right, that hasn't occurred to me, but is be playing the remasters on ps4 so I figured they'd be improved or is that not the case?

I don't think Batman Arkham Knight is worth playing you spend way to much time in the Batmobile shooting at people. The combat and predator challenges are fun though and if you're on PC you can get the season pass for about 3 dollars.

bubumiao

I never played the originals though so when you say worse you mean graphics or the overall experience due to something in particular?

I might be late to the party, but man, the Joker looks sick. There's echoes of the Killing Joke and Suicide Squad in his appearance. I don't mind so much about the seemingly lack of changes to his move set; I just wanted him to be given a new trait and it's safe to say NRS did.

Top Bottom