• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Goodstyle

Anyone who thought it was going to be anyone other than Epcar should have read my post on this pages ago. It was always, 100% going to be Epcar.

Okay wtf is going on here. The Joker we hear in this video is definitely not Hamill, but Boon teased him ffs.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/849973593349947392

That video is so god damn old lol. Ed Boon just found it and thought it was cool. Also, the distinction between Arkham and Injustice should have been the tip off. If he designated Hamill as Arkham Joker, then Injustice Joker must be different.

Tyaren

This is beyond overreacting.

I'm beyond overreacting when I just explain that I "personally" don't like the design and that I "think" it's uninspired? I think you are rather overreacting.
Come on, leave people their opinion, as long as they voice it in an appropriate way. And I think I was doing that. I wasn't preorder cancelling the game or anything, lol.

Man, while Darksied being nonchalant while beating people seems right, sometimes it seems weird how he's reaching so hard with one arm to attack, while he just keeps the other behind him. The Omega Beam effects are implementation is great looking though.

I'm beyond overreacting when I just explain that I "personally" don't like the design and that I "think" it's uninspired? I think you are rather overreacting.
Come on, leave people their opinion, as long as they voice it in an appropriate way. And I think I was doing that. I wasn't preorder cancelling the game or anything, lol.

Overreacting is spamming Boon and NRS on Twitter because you're not happy with a change to a character's intro. ;) You're completely entitled to your position on a character's design.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys don't seem to understand, it doesn't matter how old the video is.

The Joker was heavily rumored to be the last character to be revealed, now Boon posts a video with Mark Hamill and Tara Strong in it. Harley is voiced by Tara Strong. So of course people would take this as a tease, just look at the comments under that tweet.

The Joker was heavily rumored to be the last character to be revealed, now Boon posts a video with Mark Hamill and Tara Strong in it. Harley is voiced by Tara Strong. So of course people would take this as a tease, just look at the comments under that tweet.

Yes, a tease that the Joker was returning. You have to remember that not everyone is privy to the roster leak.

Sn4ke_911

Yes, a tease that the Joker was returning. You have to remember that not everyone is privy to the roster leak.

Well if he only wanted to tease The Joker then why not just post a Joker card or some HA HA shit?

No he had to post THE JOKER himself.

This thread got heated really quickly ha let's chill yo

For people saying it does t make sense a char do a certain action it's a fighting video game XD

Slaythe

Overreacting is spamming Boon and NRS on Twitter because you're not happy with a change to a character's intro. ;) You're completely entitled to your position on a character's design.

It wasn't a preference for another intro, it was noticing a graphical issue that needed to be fixed. The rest of the artists / team deemed it so too. It was a detail that could have slipped through regular QA so trying to bring attention to it was the least that could be done.

There are dozens of different designs for the characters and the whole gimmick of the game is designing your own costumes.

You can make him look like whatever you want, worst of all you're judging this off a mode that is confirmed to use random combination of gear and shaders.

So yeah, that's overreacting to be that critical of their "design", wait at least until tomorrow.

That'd be like saying they ruined Superman because they gave him that weird purple and yellow flashy suit.

Give that Joker different make up and remove his hat, and I'm sure he'll instantly be better.

This wasn't about your opinion, I don't like how he looks in that short video either, I'm just bringing to your attention that it doesn't matter since there has to be at the very least, one combination of settings that you will like.

Why would they replace the voice actor they had for Joker though ?
Since it's the same "person" (could be from another world / rejuvenated etc...), it's normal to have the same voice.

The only possibility there ever was for Hamill to be involved, was a premium skin featuring an "old school Joker". And that's still on the table so heh.

Sn4ke_911

A great way to have avoided all this Joker drama would have been to not have him in the game. A guy can dream... ;D

94456_o.gif

ZeroX03

Banned

Jesus just let it go, I liked this thread because it generally avoided all the extreme overreactions to tiny things like the Tekken OT tends to indulge in. Don't bring that here.

Tyaren

Overreacting is spamming Boon and NRS on Twitter because you're not happy with a change to a character's intro. ;).

Slaythe did that, lol?
Well, I guess he is the expert of beyond overreacting then. I will behave next time and rather start a Twitter war.

I'm still excited for the reveal tomorrow. Is it again in a stream and is there a specific time? Sucks if you are in the EU and you have to wait like today till 1am. :/

Slaythe

Look, Superman's intro was broken, now it's fixed, can't we all just be happy about that ?

If there was a 1% chance they'd read those tweets and fix it up...

maxresdefault.jpg

We need Kingdom Come Superman. Or something that just gets rid of those terrible square pieces the cape attaches to. What's wrong with just fabric?

Preach brother, I said a few pages back I really hope we get a Kingdom Come style suit and shader !!!

I'm sure there is gonna be at least one cape that doesn't have those square things...

Sn4ke_911

He looks great! I'm impressed with the utility of his spells; it's especially nice to see he can disable stage interactions as many people have already pointed out.

Yeah he looks very powerful but also seems to be kinda hard to use. I can see him being used a lot in fighting game tournaments.

Perineum

So Darkseid at one point can shoot his eye lazers to come behind you. Like a teleporting eye shot, but he doesn't teleport with it.

I wonder how someone blocks that? If it's a normal down back or back hold, no problem, but shit if he can sit mid screen and shoot you in the ass when you try to move forward that is going to be REALLY hard to contend with.

sinkfla87

I wonder how someone blocks that? If it's a normal down back or back hold, no problem, but shit if he can sit mid screen and shoot you in the ass when you try to move forward that is going to be REALLY hard to contend with.

Username checks out!
Think about it though, when walking forward you are technically already blocking the attack lol.

So Darkseid at one point can shoot his eye lazers to come behind you. Like a teleporting eye shot, but he doesn't teleport with it.

This stood out to me too. I noticed that Wonder Woman blocked the initial forward shot, but the next shot from behind connected. Darkseid is going to be a beast and rightfully so.

Perineum

Username checks out!
Think about it though, when walking forward you are technically already blocking the attack lol.

HAHA! One of the first people to give the nod to my username. Granted it is the medical term for the gooch/taint.

Gah so many good characters in this roster. I am stoked to play this soon.

Slaythe

Did you see that when you play as Superman on the Red Sun Prison stage, he doesn't appear in his cell?

Well yes, same goes for Brainiac on his throne, he's not there if he's fighting.

It would be pretty dumb otherwise, but I guess with Superman they'd get away with it considering the two supermen look nothing alike ;o .

Well yes, same goes for Brainiac on his throne, he's not there if he's fighting.

It would be pretty dumb otherwise, but I guess with Superman they'd get away with it considering the two supermen look nothing alike ;o .

I didn't notice Brainiac's absence; I agree that it'd be stupid for either character to appear in the background when used in a fight, i.e, Doomsday and Martian Manhunter and their respective stages in the first game. When it was brought to our attention during the stream this morning, I thought it was the first time we'd seen it demonstrated.

NRS's attention to detail continues to impress me. Injustice 2 is shaping up to be an incredibly polished game.

Top Bottom