• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

sinkfla87

You can use this link, http://imgur.com/vidgif , to make gifs from youtube videos and a few other video hosting sites. It's really convenient.

Must be the effect of the Time stone.

Hahaha. Before I could edit it Bronson got me with the power stone.

Hahaha. Thanks guys. So that's about 3am here... I have work tomorrow so I'll have to catch up on the news in the morning.

I understand that all too well :(. I'll be going to sleep in a second myself. Good thing is you don't have to wait, you just wake up to awesome news! I really hope we get a DLC reveal and this stream doesn't end up being a total bust :(.

vg260

What is the basis for the Zig-zag laser? I remember Darkseid from when Super friends shifted away from the Legion of Doom to the Darkseid stuff, and even had a figure of him, but that's the extent of my knowledge. I don't remember that zig-zag part.

Eidan

What is the basis for the Zig-zag laser? I remember Darkseid from when Super friends shifted away from the Legion of Doom to the Darkseid stuff, and even had a figure of him, but that's the extent of my knowledge. I don't remember that zig-zag part.
The Omega Beams are Darkseid's bread and butter.

delSai

A bit off topic but i meant to ask if MKX is a good first Mortal Kombat? I've pretty much 0 experience with those games. And if i buy MKXL, are the DLC Fighters on Disc?

sinkfla87

A bit off topic but i meant to ask if MKX is a good first Mortal Kombat? I've pretty much 0 experience with those games. And if i buy MKXL, are the DLC Fighters on Disc?

Hell yes it's a good first Mortal Kombat!! If it's the XL then yeah you should get all characters. Do it!

tim1138

That's how they've always been drawn going back to when Kirby created the character. The beams track the target and are unavoidable. Depending on what Dsrkseid wants to do, the Omega Beams can either completely obliterate someone or send them back through time.

MKXL is absolutely a worthwhile purchase for new players. There's so much content included, it's great value. The most recognisable characters are playable as well as a host of new ones. Are we friends on PSN delSai? Add me if we're not: "pock3tmonstr"

We can play some time.

Omega Beams go wherever Darkseid wants them to. He can lock them onto people, make them go through time, dodge any obstacle and travel as fast as the Flash.

Most definitely. As everyone has said, the MKXL version includes pretty much everything.

The only downside in regards to buying now is that most of the community will move on to Injustice 2 when it launches so you may have trouble finding matches after that game drops.

It's still a fun game if you just like single player stuff and/or fighting casually against others. It has that delicious GGPO-esque netcode and is one of the best netcodes out there for fighting games. Same one that IJ2 will use.

delSai

Hell yes it's a good first Mortal Kombat!! If it's the XL then yeah you should get all characters. Do it!
MKXL is absolutely a worthwhile purchase for new players. There's so much content included, it's great value. The most recognisable characters are playable as well as a host of new ones. Are we friends on PSN delSai? Add me if we're not: "pock3tmonstr"

We can play some time.
Most definitely. As everyone has said, the MKXL version includes pretty much everything.

Thanks, bought it. Was hard to say no when it's only 9 €. Now i have too many games to play, i'll never finish anything.
And yes, we're already friends on PSN pock3t.

Hahaha. Before I could edit it Bronson got me with the power stone.

I understand that all too well :(. I'll be going to sleep in a second myself. Good thing is you don't have to wait, you just wake up to awesome news! I really hope we get a DLC reveal and this stream doesn't end up being a total bust :(.

That's true. A silver lining. Let's hope we wake up to at least one DLC character announcement. I'll be happy with teaser trailer or even verbal confirmation, if it's too early in development to be showing gameplay of a new character.

sinkfla87

That's true. A silver lining. Let's hope we wake up to at least one DLC character announcement. I'll be happy with teaser trailer or even verbal confirmation, if it's too early in development to be showing gameplay of a new character.

Verbal confirmation would suffice for me, too. I'm crossing my fingers for Constantine!
Oh and Del, add me too if you haven't already! PSN is SinkFla. We may already be friends I'm not sure. I get confused if people have GAF names that are different from their gamertag lol.

I could foresee a Power Girl/John Stewart skin reveal this day.

This would definitely be an awesome bonus.

Thanks, bought it. Was hard to say no when it's only 9 €. Now i have too many games to play, i'll never finish anything.
And yes, we're already friends on PSN pock3t.

Man, that's such a great deal. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. We'll have to go a few rounds once you've had some time to learn the general mechanics. I main Cassie Cage.

patchday

did they announce all the upcoming DLC characters? I re-read the original post but did not see any updates in that regard. I think I will just preorder the standard edition.

So hyped :)

I loved Injustice 1 I have it on all platforms lol!!! (Even the Vita version)

-------------

Any joystick recommendations!??

did they announce all the upcoming DLC characters? I re-read the original post but did not see any updates in that regard. I think I will just preorder the standard edition.
There's been no announcement yet. They've said that they'll announce SOME of the 9 DLC characters before release.

There's actually an All access stream by DC in 2 hours and 36 minutes and it's expected that they'll give some DLC news there.

So hyped :)

I loved Injustice 1 I have it on all platforms lol!!! (Even the Vita version)

-------------

Any joystick recommendations!??

No DLC characters have been announced as yet, but we might see one or more announced in the stream coming up in just a couple of hours. At least that's what we're hoping for.

J-Tier

I hope they announce at least one DLC character. Quickly followed by silhouettes for the following 8 in a group silhouette like they did with KoF14 DLC.

I missed Zod. Anyone have a link, gif, or image?

It's in this VOD. It's when Tyler Lansdown plays Multiverse mode.

Also, a thought just occurred to me. What if they're gonna show the DC TV show skins tonight? Would make sense then why they'd want this to be on the DC Access thing and not on NetherRealm's own stream.

Khezu

One thing that irks me is that the characters still get up then kneel when they die.

This is terrible. Because even if they didn't want to have them "stay down" for whichever reason, they could have them kneel directly instead of getting up first then kneel. It looks so choppy =( . Especially after a super move.

That animation plays when you destroy their first life bar and they land on their back.

So it's an edit.

It's also weird because in Injustice 1, and several builds of I2, when you defeat someone with a super, the super animation doesn't play.
And it seems they keep going back and fourth on whether or not it does in I2, it's really weird.

In how many hours is the livestream?

1 hour and 21 minutes.

C-be5k2XkAE_oJ2.jpg:orig

GeeTeeCee

The Darkseid trailer pushed me over the edge into pre-ordering. I'm happy enough with the current roster as it stands right now; any of my favourite characters turning up as DLC or Premier skins would just be a nice bonus.

I'm terrible at fighting games but I got enough value out of the first game from just button-mashing my way through the story mode so I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from the sequel.

Tyaren

Will the stream be on their usual Twitch channel? It's just 9 more minutes (if I'm not mitaken) and the channel and chat's basically dead, weird.

Tyaren

Imagine how positively surprised we all will be when instead of the Joker, Nightwing (Dick Grayson) will be revealed as the last character! :D

dancing-warriors-mom.gif

Top Bottom