• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

RedHill

Banned
The guy in the Superman shirt is the type of guy that my college media production class would let host a show and after he totally fluked it he wouldn't get that opportunity again. He is extremely uncomfortable and doesn't know what to say

Tyaren

No one picks Aquaman. :( Even though the moderator guy is every time like: "We haven't seen Aquaman yet!" when characters are being picked, lol.

Do yourselves a favor and stop watching that stream.

If any significant info pops out, you'll hear about it later.

Yeah, I tapped out after the fights ended. God, this is the kind of stuff I actively work towards avoiding when I use the internet. So CRINGEY.

Khezu

Darkseid has 8000 different ways to shoot eye lasers.

They also showed a little bit of Green Lantern stuff.
His Tremor low rock, his new projectile and a beam version, and some other move that was placing something behind the opponent but it never got to do anything.

Darkseid has 8000 different ways to shoot eye lasers.

They also showed a little bit of Green Lantern stuff.
His Tremor low rock, his new projectile and a beam version, and some other move that was placing something behind the opponent but it never got to do anything.
I noticed a Ermac-like move by Hal in the Joker trailer now that I think about it.

RedHill

Banned
I hope they announce DLC soon. I've been waiting for it since the whole roster got leaked.
Ed pretty much said they won't announce all 9 at once. Which I'm happy about. They should atleast reveal the first three though, since they're trying to sell two higher priced editions

Ed pretty much said they won't announce all 9 at once. Which I'm happy about. They should atleast reveal the first three though, since they're trying to sell two higher priced editions

I imagine we'll get DLC announcements within the next two weeks. Next week would be ideal, preferably during a Watchtower stream.

Scotia

Banned

Agreed about not wanting all nine revealed at once. I really think they should show at least three of them soon.

LaNaranja

So I had been completely ignoring this game because I didn't really care for the first game and also WB goes always have really really gross DLC practices. It looks like the gross DLC practices are still present here, but someone in an MvC thread was talking up the character customization stuff which sounds like it could totally be interesting.

Are there any videos that breakdown the customization stuff? Or one for what game modes will be in the game?

Slaythe

Holy shit you guys were right !!!! Hair options !!!!

gopyRik.png

This is sick. Can't wait for long hair Superman.

So I had been completely ignoring this game because I didn't really care for the first game and also WB goes always have really really gross DLC practices. It looks like the gross DLC practices are still present here, but someone in an MvC thread was talking up the character customization stuff which sounds like it could totally be interesting.

Are there any videos that breakdown the customization stuff? Or one for what game modes will be in the game?

gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ3EQ1UpazY

As for modes, not yet. There's story mode, basically an "epic feature film" with some branching paths you get to pick, multiverse which is where you fight different variants of the characters and earn unique gear, then the modes are gonna be online. There is probably gonna be a trailer for all that.

Q8D3vil

Pretty good video explaining gear and customization

bubumiao

I'm just thinking how this will actually be fun to play single player (multiverse) since you'll still be unlocking gear (opposed to Street Fighter V's single player offerings to earn fight money -survival).

Khezu

I think the hair stuff is exclusive to Joker.
Probably didn't want to commit to that emo hair thing that he has going on.

Gleethor

Kind of lame that 1/3rd of the stages have a single arena. I never chose Atlantis or ferris air in the first game because my causal friends like playing with transitions.

Tyaren

I think the hair stuff is exclusive to Joker.
Probably didn't want to commit to that emo hair thing that he has going on.

Yeah, that is probably just a Joker thing. You can chose a variety of hats, caps and hair styles as his head gear/armor.

RedHill

Banned
Where is there evidence that the Joker can change his hairstyle around?
There is a photo above showing a different hairstyle.

Personally, if I can't give Supergirl long hair I'll be disappointed. We have power Girl, there's no reason for her to have short hair

DrBo42

Multiverse mode looks like it's going to keep people playing for a while. Hopefully they do some interesting stuff with it. That level 4 Batman vs level 20 Joker was brutal.

Slaythe

They improved Catwoman's features a bit, she looks good now.

Or maybe it's because that disgusting hair is hidden/ her ears are revealed and not part of that terrible jaw/face leather piece.

e3b115c104392a795018681d7f394fea.png

What else would he get? Cyborg is pretty bland otherwise.

Nice that it's relegated to mobile stuff and not something cooler.

Unless the game can improve his characterization, he didn't really need anything. It's not like anyone was busting the door down for Grid. Metallo could have gotten the shout out.

Slaythe

Is there a good video that explains the clash system? I didn't play the first game so I don't know how it works.

Er not a video no but it's easy.

It's basically a "get out of combo" card. You can only use it once per match.

You have to wager how much meter (energy) to use.

If both players wage the same, then nothing happens they just bounce off each other.

If the defendant wins, he gains health back, if the attacker wins, he deals a lot of damage.

Saving meter is a crucial part of the fights so it always keeps you guessing what the opponent will do.

Ryce

Unless the game can improve his characterization, he didn't really need anything. It's not like anyone was busting the door down for Grid. Metallo could have gotten the shout out.
Why would Metallo be a Cyborg premier skin? They have completely different abilities.

Catching up on the new information. I'm so down for Grid! I wonder how much progress is required in the mobile game to unlock him. Was there clarification of this?

Top Bottom